Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2325759 times)

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #14460 on: April 08, 2024, 07:28:18 pm »
Bad enough that it happened. To have it happen on vacation in a foreign country..... extra awful!
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #14461 on: April 09, 2024, 06:44:41 am »
^ This x10!  Horrific really!

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #14462 on: May 08, 2024, 09:28:41 am »
The news recently reported a 15-year old boy was stabbed outside of his Ottawa school and later died of his injuries.  Today I learned it was a kid from our neighbourhood, and a friend of my son's for a brief time before they drifted apart, as kids do.

I'm just gutted for his family. 

Hug your loved ones everybody.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #14463 on: May 08, 2024, 09:52:48 am »
Sorry to hear that, that's awful. Something similar happened here not that long ago too

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #14464 on: May 08, 2024, 10:23:34 am »
Oh man, that's absolutely awful!

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #14465 on: May 08, 2024, 10:25:25 am »
FFS...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Online WP v3.32

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +8/-18
    • View Profile
  • Cars: bugatti
« Reply #14466 on: May 08, 2024, 11:09:43 am »
That's Awful.  So young and at school.

It seams like situations like stabbing/guns violence is now part of life in Canada.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #14467 on: May 08, 2024, 02:36:50 pm »
I wonder why  ???

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #14468 on: May 08, 2024, 04:06:15 pm »
So, just as I was ready to pick a truck between the Taco, Tundra or Nissan, turns out we have to help out my broke ass brother in law with his failing basement and asbestos removal. Wife parents begged and pleaded with us to help them as they don't have much money, and kids...blah blah blah. They don't have much money because they spend it like a rapper in Vegas and the kids are not really a factor as one is almost 18 and working and the other one is like 22, working and in University. I'm so pissed as we've bailed out these chuckleheads so many times, like when two of their stupid Hyundai suvs blew an engine and we had to help, when their front bay window cracked and started leaking. I'm not saying that you shouldn't help out family, but when people in their feckin 50's don't have their poop in a group, it pisses me off. Grrrr, rant over, I'm going to go angrily kick rocks in the parking lot while mumbling.
Lighten up Francis.....

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #14469 on: May 08, 2024, 04:12:39 pm »
So, just as I was ready to pick a truck between the Taco, Tundra or Nissan, turns out we have to help out my broke ass brother in law with his failing basement and asbestos removal. Wife parents begged and pleaded with us to help them as they don't have much money, and kids...blah blah blah. They don't have much money because they spend it like a rapper in Vegas and the kids are not really a factor as one is almost 18 and working and the other one is like 22, working and in University. I'm so pissed as we've bailed out these chuckleheads so many times, like when two of their stupid Hyundai suvs blew an engine and we had to help, when their front bay window cracked and started leaking. I'm not saying that you shouldn't help out family, but when people in their feckin 50's don't have their poop in a group, it pisses me off. Grrrr, rant over, I'm going to go angrily kick rocks in the parking lot while mumbling.

asbestos removal...

Not really a DIY job.  I would turn that one down for sure.  Too bad, so sad.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14470 on: May 08, 2024, 04:14:07 pm »
No, god no, I would never attempt that. They've known about the vermiculite in the attic and the crap in the drywall/compound since they bought the house damn near 15 years ago, but now they want to reno because of the basement failure.

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #14471 on: May 08, 2024, 04:19:22 pm »
No, god no, I would never attempt that. They've known about the vermiculite in the attic and the crap in the drywall/compound since they bought the house damn near 15 years ago, but now they want to reno because of the basement failure.

Wait, so they're not actually asking you for physical help, as in 'come help me reno my basement on the weekends', but rather, you're being asked to pay for the basement reno?

And your parents (whom I assume are 'elderly'), are encouraging this?  WTF.

What's wrong with just leaving the basement as is, if they don't have the money to fix it?  You are allowed to say 'No', you know.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #14472 on: May 08, 2024, 04:22:01 pm »

I have a sibling like this.  Parents constantly bailing them out.  Sickening.  There's always an excuse for how the world is effing them over.  Maybe the place you are at in life is the result of your own actions, ever think of that?
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +102/-402
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '24 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
« Reply #14473 on: May 08, 2024, 04:22:25 pm »
Yeah, I'm reading it as they're asking for money, not a physical hand... I might be wrong though!
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +102/-402
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '24 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
« Reply #14474 on: May 08, 2024, 04:24:53 pm »

I have a sibling like this.  Parents constantly bailing them out.  Sickening.  There's always an excuse for how the world is effing them over.  Maybe the place you are at in life is the result of your own actions, ever think of that?

I actually have a quasi-"friend" who always seems to need money. He surfaces once a year or so and always needs a couple thousand bucks for something. We were once very close, and he worked for me at one of my businesses, but I had to cut that cord when the performance was less than subpar and he was basically only there because he was a friend.

Now, he has actually gone and pulled some shady sh*t, using my name and saying he works for my company to try and get ahead professionally, when he actually doesn't... and STILL comes to me every now and then to ask for money.

I've all but cut him out. Guy used to be VERY close with me and our friend Firm as well - Firm moving away sort of gives him the best excuse to not have to associate with this juicebox.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14475 on: May 08, 2024, 04:26:30 pm »

Wait, so they're not actually asking you for physical help, as in 'come help me reno my basement on the weekends', but rather, you're being asked to pay for the basement reno?

And your parents (whom I assume are 'elderly'), are encouraging this?  WTF.

What's wrong with just leaving the basement as is, if they don't have the money to fix it?  You are allowed to say 'No', you know.

The wife's parents were asking, not mine. They are just asking the wife and I to fund this feel good project and get paid back anytime from now till the second coming of christ....The basement leaks like a Canadian submarine and the concrete is failing in places so they figured, might as well modernize this POS house from the 60s that they bought as a flip and was very poorly put together and has several serious issues. I'm not adverse to helping them, but they bought this lemon of a house so long ago in a crappy part of town and I hate pouring money into a bottomless pit.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14476 on: May 08, 2024, 04:33:27 pm »

Yup, every time her parents loan/give them money, they call us asking if we want anything, the answer always has and always will be no. We borrowed part of our down payment off of them when we bought the house in 09 and had it paid back in like 6-8 months. I don't feckin get it, you're adults with incomes and fixed costs, why is everything a financial emergency.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #14477 on: May 08, 2024, 04:47:20 pm »

I actually have a quasi-"friend" who always seems to need money. He surfaces once a year or so and always needs a couple thousand bucks for something. We were once very close, and he worked for me at one of my businesses, but I had to cut that cord when the performance was less than subpar and he was basically only there because he was a friend.

Now, he has actually gone and pulled some shady sh*t, using my name and saying he works for my company to try and get ahead professionally, when he actually doesn't... and STILL comes to me every now and then to ask for money.

I've all but cut him out. Guy used to be VERY close with me and our friend Firm as well - Firm moving away sort of gives him the best excuse to not have to associate with this juicebox.

Ahhh, sounds like a snake.  Some will never grow up.

Online WP v3.32

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +8/-18
    • View Profile
  • Cars: bugatti
« Reply #14478 on: May 08, 2024, 05:25:07 pm »
O Boy Fob.  I know  how you feel.  Sometime being the responsible one is for sure a curse.

the house sounds like a nightmare.  failing foundation....  is it a cinderblock foundation?

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14479 on: May 08, 2024, 05:44:55 pm »
I'm not 100% sure. The basement had a really bad leak from a bunch of places years ago, like you could hear water running behind walls and under the platform they had built to level the basement. I can only imagine the amount of mold and rot there is behind the walls of this basement. When they first bought the house you could tell it was a quick/cheap flip. Home Depot cabinets, some cheap laminate, the fixtures in the kitchen/bathroom were all cheap and leaking, the exterior stucco was falling off from rot, windows needed to be done....just an utter money pit, but they loved the looks of the kitchen and laminate  ::) ::) Also, he is DIY adverse, I have to play Bob Villa and car mechanic every visit because he can't run a screwdriver.