Author Topic: How much trouble is GM in  (Read 3106 times)

Northernridge

Re: How much trouble is GM in
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 04:08:52 pm »
They made $7.5B in profit in North America last year. Company wide, including losses in Europe, they made $3.8B. They can weather this mess pretty well on their own.

^^This sums it up. Analysts continue to recommend GM stock and some call this a good entry point. Oh...never listen to analysts.

Edit: Here is the analyst recommendations as of 4:11pm CST July 2, 2014. This is from the analysts that follow GM.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 04:13:27 pm by Northernridge »

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 04:11:45 pm »
They made $7.5B in profit in North America last year. Company wide, including losses in Europe, they made $3.8B. They can weather this mess pretty well on their own.

^^This sums it up. Analysts continue to recommend GM stock and some call this a good entry point. Oh...never listen to analysts.

if you believe they'll weather the storm, could be a stock to keep an eye on and get in later.
I say later because at some point when the dust settles they report the total cost and the stock will likely take a hit. 

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 04:20:41 pm »

Edit: Here is the analyst recommendations as of 4:11pm CST July 2, 2014. This is from the analysts that follow GM.

your edit beat me to login into my Q-Trade account.   :rofl:
I'd still wait to buy, but then again, I'd never buy GM stock.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2014, 04:23:35 am »
Here's a neat infographic or very recall

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 10:14:17 am »
i'm immature... from slot to hole made me giggle.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2014, 11:15:50 am »
funny ones aside,  that's a pretty extensive list and has to make some people wonder, how can they screw up so much. 

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2014, 11:49:58 am »
funny ones aside,  that's a pretty extensive list and has to make some people wonder, how can they screw up so much.

Only a few of them have more than one recall. If I had a car and it gets a recall for a seat belt retractor problem or a loose fuse block, I wouldn't exactly be put out.

My 2011 Outback had two recalls, one for the sunroof, which wasn't properly secured and which might have blown off at highway speed, and one for the windshield wiper motor, which might have caught fire in certain circumstances. Both were dealt with during regular servicing. It was still an excellent car and performed flawlessly for the time we had it.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken