Author Topic: Recent Downtime  (Read 1794 times)

Offline ALin

• Administrator
  • Carma: +16/-24
  • WordPress Goon
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1996 Toyota RAV4
Recent Downtime
« on: September 17, 2019, 04:50:28 am »
Hello!

It's been a while since I've updated the Articles/News sub-forum, and I do apologize.
We've been working to launch a new backend and a new set of layouts for the front end. We've been previewing these new templates on a few articles, and they're not quite ready yet, but they're getting there.
The backend update is going to address some of the performance issues that you've noticed (we've noticed them too).

We're currently up and running on the new server software (after some last-minute patching... you may have noticed we didn't publish any articles on Thursday or Friday last week), and the development team is working to improve the overall speed of the system to get pages and images served up faster.

So, provided nothing blows up (fingers crossed), you'll be seeing steady improvements to the site over the next few weeks. And we can return to our normal job of serving up fresh automotive content – and there's a lot of it that to edit and lay out, so I'll end it here and get back to work!

-Andy

P.S. If you're wondering why the forum performs differently from the actual story pages, it's because they're on two completely different servers. Entirely different hosting platforms, actually.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
Re: Recent Downtime
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 08:48:41 am »
A lot of the links are showing server errors.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline ALin

• Administrator
  • Carma: +16/-24
  • WordPress Goon
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1996 Toyota RAV4
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 09:39:20 am »
A lot of the links are showing server errors.

Yep. We see it too and we're looking into it. Please bear with us!

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 10:25:46 am »
I figured you folk were on top of it, but then again... :D

Best of luck!