Author Topic: HELP Please - Cannot Post "External" Links and SMF 'Help' Links Not Clickable  (Read 1940 times)

Offline drutgat

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Used to Have a Mazda GLC - Now It Is Time to Again Buy A Car!
Hi,
The title of this thread tells half the story - when I tried posting a link to a thread in which I was asking a question about a car featured on autotrader.ca, I got the message "You are not allowed to post external links".

I searched the 'Help' to see if there was a policy about this, but came up with nothing, and also could not find an FAQ, beyond the 'SMF' topics in the 'Help' section (and they were not clickable).

Please let me know about relevant policies (I am a newbie here, as of yesterday), and solutions.

Thank you.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
Hi,
The title of this thread tells half the story - when I tried posting a link to a thread in which I was asking a question about a car featured on autotrader.ca, I got the message "You are not allowed to post external links".

I searched the 'Help' to see if there was a policy about this, but came up with nothing, and also could not find an FAQ, beyond the 'SMF' topics in the 'Help' section (and they were not clickable).

Please let me know about relevant policies (I am a newbie here, as of yesterday), and solutions.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.  You have to reach 10 posts before you are permitted to post links.  This strategy was put in place to control spammers.

Offline drutgat

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
Hi Brig,
Thanks very much for replying and letting me know about the 10 post policy, in order to discourage spammers.

What about the 'Help' topics not being clickable? Is it just me, or is that the current state of functioning of that section of the Forum?

Thanks again.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
Hi Brig,
Thanks very much for replying and letting me know about the 10 post policy, in order to discourage spammers.

What about the 'Help' topics not being clickable? Is it just me, or is that the current state of functioning of that section of the Forum?

Thanks again.

There was a time when things were maintained on this forum.  That time has passed.  Just join in and have fun.  If you have questions, just ask. 

Offline drutgat

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
Hi Brig,

Thanks again.

There was a time when things were maintained on this forum.  That time has passed.  Just join in and have fun.  If you have questions, just ask.

Thanks, Brig.

Very much enjoying the Forum.