Author Topic: VW Jetta winter tire package  (Read 992 times)

Offline warp

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-39
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 VW GTI, 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander, 2024 VW GLI
VW Jetta winter tire package
« on: January 27, 2024, 05:35:42 pm »
So our 2020 leased Jetta will be returned to the dealer on Tuesday to be replaced with a 2024 Jetta GLI. The original booking was for a Highline trim (the current top trim) Jetta and it was supposed to be available about now. But about two weeks ago the dealer said the delivery date has been pushed out by 2-4 months :o So I asked them what else was available sooner and this GLI was coming in so we opted for it. Price wise, not much of a difference between the top trim regular Jetta and the GLI.

The issue is that the original VW wheels and Continental Wintercontact tires on the current Jetta are 16 inchers, which would have been perfect for a regular Jetta Highline trip. But the GLI with it's bigger rotors needs a minimum 17 inch size wheel, just like the GTI we have!! So on Tuesday the 16 inch package is coming off and will be available for sale as I will return the car with the OE all season tires and wheels.

The odometer reads ~28k and roughly 40-45% of that has been done on the winter tires. I have not measured tread depth but that can be done. The VW salesperson suggested listing it at $600. If anyone here is interested, please let me know. The wheels and tires will be available at the tire shop which does my seasonal tire changes and storage in Oakville. If there is no interest here I will be listing it on Kijiji on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Wheel size 6.5 x 16 - OE VW
Tire Size 205/60-16 - Continental Wintercontact
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 05:51:04 pm by warp »

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +121/-437
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring
Re: VW Jetta winter tire package
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2024, 08:00:02 pm »
Put them up on Facebook Marketplace, I have had good success with selling tires and rims there