Author Topic: Tundra Winters  (Read 3366 times)

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
Re: Tundra Winters
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2023, 03:26:21 pm »
Funny, here we just had our first snow. It's been snowing all day and of course the first bit of it melted and froze and got polished on the intersections. My co-worker was just telling me about how a friend of hers had gotten t-boned this morning at an intersection by another driver sliding through a light

Went from bare roads to the worst of winter overnight!

Supposed to get here tonight, however only about 5cm.  They are predicting more snow further south towards Regina.

What I should have done is just taken the wheels in a while back, and mounted when I needed them.  Now I've waited until the last minute and snow is on the way.  Ah well, they'll be on soon enough. 
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
Re: Tundra Winters
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2023, 11:45:31 am »
I've had the Hakka R5 SUV on for a couple weeks now.  I can't comment on their performance in snow/ice as the roads have been dry.  However, they are VERY quiet, provide a smooth no bump ride  :P , and honestly feel sharper than the ATs that I'm running in the summer.  They are obviously far stickier on the dry pavement compared to the ATs also.  I am still questioning not getting the R10 studded, but I'm sure these will perform well.