Author Topic: Dog Pics  (Read 449921 times)

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
Re: Dog Pics
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2011, 08:53:48 pm »
Great dogs but too much brushing required and stink.
Railton
Have to agree with the stink. I was visiting him in Xmas and Sebastien (BTW...named after Sébastien Loeb) had spent the day outside in the misty rain.  The smell would bring tears to your eyes. ;)

So that's how dogs end up with human names.

I love dogs as much as the next guy, but if someone named a drooling, smelly, four legged beast after me, I'd be insulted, not honoured.

Sorry, but dogs should have names like Rover, Spot or Muffin, not Sebastien, Norman or Maria. Nor should they be dressed up in little outfits or ride around in your purse, but I'll save that rant for another thread.  :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2011, 09:02:23 pm »

So that's how dogs end up with human names.

I love dogs as much as the next guy, but if someone named a drooling, smelly, four legged beast after me, I'd be insulted, not honoured.

Sorry, but dogs should have names like Rover, Spot or Muffin, not Sebastien, Norman or Maria. Nor should they be dressed up in little outfits or ride around in your purse, but I'll save that rant for another thread.  :)

IQ has a friend where the kids wanted a dog.  The husband said "No way".  One day (while the husband was out of town with work!!), they found a stray..a very nice dog.  They took the dog in and naturally the kids fell in love with it.  When the husband arrived home, he knew he might be in for a tough fight if he tried to get rid of the dog.  So he made a deal:  If he let them keep the dog, he had the honor of naming it.  Of course, the kids readily agreed. 

What did he name the dog??

ARMPIT!

It is funny as hell when the mom is hollering outside for Armpit to come inside... :rofl2:   
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2011, 09:18:42 pm »
 :rofl2:

I don't currently own a dog, but my wife and I are planning to buy a dog once we have moved to a larger house (soon, I hope!).  I have allergies so we'll be looking for a dog that sheds as little as possible, preferrably a medium size dog.  Our research so far has a few front runners:  Portuguese Water Dog, Standard Poodle, Soft-coated Wheaten Terrier, Airedale Terrier and Standard Schnauzer.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2011, 09:20:10 pm »

I don't currently own a dog, but my wife and I are planning to buy a dog once we have moved to a larger house (soon, I hope!).  I have allergies so we'll be looking for a dog that sheds as little as possible, preferrably a medium size dog.  Our research so far has a few front runners:  Portuguese Water Dog, Standard Poodle, Soft-coated Wheaten Terrier, Airedale Terrier and Standard Schnauzer.
Airedale FTW. I've had three of them.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2011, 09:24:39 pm »
What do you like most about them? 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2011, 09:28:08 pm »

Airedale FTW. I've had three of them.
Railton

Cool dogs..friends had them!!  They can have tons of energy though and can be difficult to train. (Terriers in general were bred as individual hunters, so they can be head strong, driven and a bit stubborn).  But they have TONS of personality.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2011, 09:28:48 pm »

The only real negative to owning a Golden is that they shed a LOT!  I use a furminator on Vegas every other day and the amount of hair that comes out of her is incredible.

Shelties shed twice a year, incredible amounts of fur come out of them then.

This came out of Chloe one day. The pile was bigger than her.
Mr Pickypants

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2011, 09:34:10 pm »
What do you like most about them? 
They're clowns, highly entertaining, quite affectionate, smart, don't shed, small enough that you can still pick them up, 60 to 70lbs. I use to compete in field trials with the two. Both got their CD's.
People are kind'a unsure about them not knowing if they can approach them or not, thus they are a good watch dog. Back in YOW I lived in a house where everyone around me was broken into, except for my place. I always figured it was because there were two Airdales in the house.
Railton

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2011, 09:36:56 pm »
They're clowns,

I was going to say they were silly/funny.  Very entertaining!

Did you train your dog to drive the boat??   ;D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:38:42 pm by rrocket »

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2011, 10:05:35 am »

My friend's wife has really bad allergies.  Their daughter really wanted a dog and they got a Portugese Water dog.  The dog doesn't seem to bother her allergies at all. 
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2011, 10:54:18 am »
My friend's wife has really bad allergies.  Their daughter really wanted a dog and they got a Portugese Water dog.  The dog doesn't seem to bother her allergies at all. 
Good to know.  I've read that allergy sensitivity can vary from person to person.  My buddy's Rottweiler/German Shepherd causes an allergic reaction but the inlaws' Border Colllie/Aussie does not.  I've also read that the PWD does not exhibit the typical wet dog smell.

Appearance wise, the PWD is one of my faves (except when clipped in the show cut).

http://www.youtube.com/user/mtnmissy#p/u/2/utQ_BECzSks

My wife really likes the Airedale.  We plan to visit start visiting breeders.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2011, 11:08:27 am »
With wire-haired dogs (like the Airedale) the hair dies in the skin and does not fall out on its own -it needs to be pulled out. The process is called 'stripping'. That's why there's little hair all over the house and your clothes with wire-haired dogs.
If you are looking for Airdale breeders I could maybe help you out. Send me a PM.
Railton
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:04:55 pm by Railton »

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2011, 12:57:08 pm »
till i can dig up a pic of "Carley"...this will have to do..............allergy free and fun withit............ ;D
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2011, 01:09:19 pm »
till i can dig up a pic of "Carley"...this will have to do..............allergy free and fun withit............ ;D
Yup, great dogs as well Francis. Watchdog they ain't though, unless you count barking as a deterent.
Railton

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2011, 03:42:06 pm »
This is our dog, hes 100% mutt, got from a dog rescue in the NWT. Him and his 2 sisters were found in the ditch in some reserve at -35. As far as we figure, husky, lab, sheppard, coyote.......and your guess is as good as mine. Has more energy than a nuclear power plant smashing into the sun, very cuddly when hes tired, loves kids and can go from sleeping to 100% play mode in 1/1000th of a second. We called him Kaiser, after the Kaiser M715 truck :D....or if you ask the wife., a german chancellor before WW2. First pic is when we first got him and the second one was this summer sometime.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2011, 04:45:25 pm »
This is our dog, hes 100% mutt, got from a dog rescue in the NWT. Him and his 2 sisters were found in the ditch in some reserve at -35. As far as we figure, husky, lab, sheppard, coyote.......and your guess is as good as mine. Has more energy than a nuclear power plant smashing into the sun, very cuddly when hes tired, loves kids and can go from sleeping to 100% play mode in 1/1000th of a second. We called him Kaiser, after the Kaiser M715 truck :D....or if you ask the wife., a german chancellor before WW2. First pic is when we first got him and the second one was this summer sometime.

^Kaiser looks somewhat like "Insanity Puppy"

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2011, 05:00:33 pm »

^Kaiser looks somewhat like "Insanity Puppy"

Unfortunately he did not get the husky eyes, that was just the red eye from the camera flash......

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2011, 07:21:38 pm »
My 16 month old Ozzy the Boston terrier

Ozzy at 8 weeks old, 1st day in his new home

His best girl friend Cassy, a 3 year old Pug, all dressed for Halloween...LOL

Needless to say our home is full of life!!!

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2011, 09:12:10 pm »
Another shot of the two boys together, Railton (left) and Auburn.
Railton

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2011, 10:22:31 am »
Nap time