Author Topic: Mrs. Railton goes on a test drive  (Read 49192 times)

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
Re: Mrs. Railton goes on a test drive
« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2017, 10:49:41 pm »
I'd like to report some of the locals to the police.
Last night coming home and driving down the main hood street, I had this new Range Rover with Blond Lady (:censor:) on my ass. As I turned into my own street she lays on her horn as she passes me in the opposite lane to show her displeasure in me following the speed limit as posted and my correctly signaled turn. Fack me. People would just kill to get ahead of ya.
When people have 3 tons of metal and smoked out glass they think they can do anything.
Railton
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:51:34 pm by Railton »
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2017, 10:53:08 pm »
When people have 3 tons of metal and smoked out glass they think they can do anything.
Railton

Prevailing attitude in my affluent burb.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2017, 01:30:59 pm »
I do find sometimes that Toronto's strange mix of $2m+ rebuild next to old ass bungalows to be unsightly but I am getting used to it.

My parents street is a bit like that. Some new castles. Some old 60s and 70s houses but generally well kept.

One of their immeidate neighbours though is a rental. Junker of a house. The tenants smoke pot on the front porch and when they take their young kid for a walk both parents have cigarettes in their mouths.

They keep their trash bins in the front of the house and drive an old purple Caravan.

Can't wait until the landlord decides to rebuild it.
I hope you're tongue is in your cheek because otherwise you are coming across as an elitist snob.

I thought the same.

Except more on the lines of elitist dick.    ;D

Next time you see them smoking pot on the porch, go have a toke or two...you might be more tolerable chilled down a bit.   :rofl2:

Meh. I find no issues with my view on this really. Plenty of people are casually racist, which is tolerated. Plenty of people choose where they live in large part on the basis of the ethnicity of the area. I find my "classist" view (although really I just dislike the smell of pot and think that parents with young kids should not be smoking cigarettes) should be even more tolerated, not less, for the simple fact that weed or cigarettes or keeping garbage in front of your house is a *choice*, unlike race.

Ergo it is more logical to be condescending towards someone for their choices rather than their cosmically given circumstances.

White people are really odd though.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2017, 06:11:30 pm »
I do find sometimes that Toronto's strange mix of $2m+ rebuild next to old ass bungalows to be unsightly but I am getting used to it.

My parents street is a bit like that. Some new castles. Some old 60s and 70s houses but generally well kept.

One of their immeidate neighbours though is a rental. Junker of a house. The tenants smoke pot on the front porch and when they take their young kid for a walk both parents have cigarettes in their mouths.

They keep their trash bins in the front of the house and drive an old purple Caravan.

I hope you're tongue is in your cheek because otherwise you are coming across as an elitist snob.

I thought the same.

Next time you see them smoking pot on the porch, go have a toke or two...you might be more tolerable chilled down a bit.   :rofl2:

Meh. I find no issues with my view on this really. Plenty of people are casually racist, which is tolerated. Plenty of people choose where they live in large part on the basis of the ethnicity of the area. I find my "classist" view (although really I just dislike the smell of pot and think that parents with young kids should not be smoking cigarettes) should be even more tolerated, not less, for the simple fact that weed or cigarettes or keeping garbage in front of your house is a *choice*, unlike race.

Ergo it is more logical to be condescending towards someone for their choices rather than their cosmically given circumstances.

So where does your condescending of "choice" end?  Religion, sexuality, smelly food, etc?

FFS...I don't see how these people are bothering or affecting your quality of life.

Honestly..I'd much rather my problem neighbors sit on their porch and peaceably smoke pot or cigarettes than let their kids scream all day or their dogs bark all day.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 06:14:09 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2017, 06:24:08 pm »

I thought the same.

So where does your condescending of "choice" end?  Religion, sexuality, smelly food, etc?

FFS...I don't see how these people are bothering or affecting your quality of life.

Honestly..I'd much rather my problem neighbors sit on their porch and peaceably smoke pot or cigarettes than let their kids scream all day or their dogs bark all day.

I will take the dog problem and get the city to deal with it....can easily make their life hell till they either move out or deal with the problem.

Smoking weed in front of the house? Not acceptable. You bet I'd be calling the cops on them or looking for a by law that they are not in compliance with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2017, 06:37:52 pm »

I thought the same.

I will take the dog problem and get the city to deal with it....can easily make their life hell till they either move out or deal with the problem.

Smoking weed in front of the house? Not acceptable. You bet I'd be calling the cops on them or looking for a by law that they are not in compliance with...

Yea, I've called. $100 fine each time the police have to come by. I don't mind dogs barking..doing their job, guarding the house. Just not for 4 hours straight.

And again...I'd rather neighbors smoke pot than drink. Those smoking pot will go inside and eat Cheetos while watching cartoons instead of having a domestic disturbance..unlike drunks. [emoji1]

Better get used to it...lots more people will be sitting on their porch smoking pot this same time next year.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 06:39:25 pm by rrocket »

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2017, 06:39:55 pm »

I thought the same.

They may have a  prescription  to smoke the pot , also pot does not smell as bad a big fat  stogie 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 06:42:17 pm by Airbalancer »

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +96/-70
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car: '06 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed. Rich corinthian leather upholstery. Roof rack. AM/FM/CD.
« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2017, 06:44:46 pm »
Speaking for myself as a renter in a nice neighborhood, smoking pot on your front porch is, ultimately, short-hand for "I don't own this home and am not as vested as my homeowner neighbors are in maintaining a pleasant neighborhood. I'm a transient without much skin in the game." There are exceptions, sure, but that's been my experience.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2017, 06:46:09 pm »

They may have a  prescription  to smoke the pot , also pot does not smell as bad a big fat  stogie

I suppose it depends. I find stogie smell glorious!

I find pot smell reminds of American cigarettes. I hate cigarette smell in general.

Different strokes...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2017, 06:50:19 pm »

I find pot smell reminds of American cigarettes. I hate cigarette smell in general.

Different strokes...
I have trouble with any kind of smoke , to many years of cut  concrete without masks years ago

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2017, 07:09:22 pm »

Different strokes...
I have trouble with any kind of smoke , to many years of cut  concrete without masks years ago
Are we talking about "smell" vs being in a room with 10 people?  [emoji1]

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2017, 07:10:19 pm »

Different strokes...
The condescending attitude about pot smokers was part of an overall condescending attitude towards people less well off than him who clutter his neighbourhood and bring down his property value one supposes. He says "meh".  I say "pfft". Get over it. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2017, 07:16:28 pm »

Different strokes...
The condescending attitude about pot smokers was part of an overall condescending attitude towards people less well off than him who clutter his neighbourhood and bring down his property value one supposes. He says "meh".  I say "pfft". Get over it.
Yea, I'm generally pretty laid back that way...do almost whatever you want as long as it doesn't affect me or my family negatively.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2017, 07:17:20 pm »

Different strokes...
Are we talking about "smell" vs being in a room with 10 people?  [emoji1]
Depends on who the  10 people are , if they are female, I can handle it a lot easier  ;D

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2017, 08:03:25 pm »

Different strokes...

Doesn't matter, I have a strong allergy to it - I predict cities will enact strong by laws to protect us from insanity

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2017, 08:04:45 pm »

Different strokes...

Doesn't matter, I have a strong allergy to it - I predict cities will enact strong by laws to protect us from insanity

From someone smoking on their porch?

Good luck with that, Snowflake!

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2017, 08:39:23 pm »
More likely the porch will be the only permitted place.    Sooner or later insurance companies will ban indoor smoking of anything if you want your fire insurance to be valid.

To me a 'strong allergy' is one that kills you if you don't have an Epipen of equivalent right there. Like some food allergies in kids.
  Anything less is just hay-fever.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +478/-1141
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2017, 08:44:33 am »
Any chance of this thread coming back on subject?  ???

Could someone let me know if it ever does? 

Never mind, I'll just wait for the Show and Shine.  ;)

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2017, 08:50:04 am »
Any chance of this thread coming back on subject?  ???

Could someone let me know if it ever does? 

Never mind, I'll just wait for the Show and Shine.  ;)
Thread has been deRailtoned! 

I would like to see him in an XC90.  I'm looking forward to the road test review.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2017, 08:52:01 am »
Ted, what did you think of the dead pedal in the MDX/RDX , I thought it was too large