Author Topic: 2024 Alfa Romeo Tonale PHEV Review  (Read 482 times)

Offline AutoTrader.ca

• Administrator
  • Carma: +14/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car
2024 Alfa Romeo Tonale PHEV Review
« on: April 17, 2024, 12:02:46 pm »
This stylish plug-in hybrid is a proud Alfa Romeo.
Read more...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: 2024 Alfa Romeo Tonale PHEV Review
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 12:19:40 pm »
The best part of $70k for an unattractive transportation blob from a questionable company.......who in their right mind is this thing aimed at?!?!??! I mean the Lexus NX and Porsche Macan exist, why would anyone buy one of these!??!
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 12:43:16 pm »
That and there's tons of the Dodge Hornet PHEV's holding down dealer lots

Being as they are built side by side in the same Italian factory, might as well see what those dealers can do for you (if you really want an expensive, unreliable, and small SUV with likely little to no resale value)

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-626
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 09:55:05 am »

Being as they are built side by side in the same Italian factory, might as well see what those dealers can do for you (if you really want an expensive, unreliable, and small SUV with likely little to no resale value)

LOL...  fair enough.  I mean, time will tell if it's as unreliable as everyone expects it to be... BUT...  the Hornet (and presumably the Toe-nail) drives incredibly well.  I went in very skeptical before the first drive event for the Hornet but came away very impressed.  The handling is especially well dialled in.  Think Mazda CX-30 with more personality.  ;)
The past:00 BMW M Rdstr, 19 Jetta, 15 Ducati Scrambler, 09 Triumph Bonneville, 98 Boxster, 17 Kawi Z900, 05 LS 430, 99 LS 400, 17 Subaru STI, 14 Triumph STR, 15 WRX, 09 Ducati Monster 1100,  08 335i, 06 Suzuki SV650S, 06 330i, 06 MX-5, 04 Audi A4, 03 Suzuki SV650S, 98 328i, 93 Civic Si, 85 Corolla

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +102/-402
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '24 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 11:26:32 am »

LOL...  fair enough.  I mean, time will tell if it's as unreliable as everyone expects it to be... BUT...  the Hornet (and presumably the Toe-nail) drives incredibly well.  I went in very skeptical before the first drive event for the Hornet but came away very impressed.  The handling is especially well dialled in.  Think Mazda CX-30 with more personality.  ;)

Fair, and I agree with you that they drive well, but the average compact premium crossover buyer literally does not give a flying fart about how it drives. Pricing, interior, exterior, and features. That's where it ends. And I've learned the hard way that you can't *give away* a contemporary Alfa product these days... and the same seems to reflect on the Hornet.
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-327
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2024, 11:46:18 am »

Fair, and I agree with you that they drive well, but the average compact premium crossover buyer literally does not give a flying fart about how it drives. Pricing, interior, exterior, and features. That's where it ends. And I've learned the hard way that you can't *give away* a contemporary Alfa product these days... and the same seems to reflect on the Hornet.

This is so unfortunate. Stellantis would’ve been better off with a freshened up Dodge Journey in an overall mediocre package sold at huge discounts. Deep price cuts must be coming soon to offload what’s piling up on dealers lots.