Author Topic: "We don't want your business. Go somewhere else next time."  (Read 14318 times)

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Re: "We don't want your business. Go somewhere else next time."
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2017, 10:47:32 pm »
All right, knock it off, guys  :rofl2:
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2017, 12:14:55 am »

;D
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2017, 12:18:53 am »
 :rofl2:

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2017, 09:40:50 am »
interesting tire thread...my Rio5's tires are now at the wear mark, so i'll need to replace them...Costco currently has Michelin Premier A/S tires on sale...a set of 4 is just under $700, so call it about $850 installed/taxes in...they also have some Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires for about $100 less, but i think i'd prefer the ride from the Premier version (plus it has a longer life).
Don't get the Premiers.  I had them on the Corolla. Really nice ride, great promise of long lasting, but horrible with hydroplane resistance even when new.  Great idea and great design, but the starting tread depth is too shallow and the channels too narrow to evacuate sufficient water.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:31:49 am by No-san »

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2017, 09:42:08 am »
 :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Best thread in awhile!   ;D
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2017, 10:55:08 am »

but on the other end of it, just because you didn't like the tires, doesn't mean they get to return them (no matter the policy toyo has). they now have used tires that sell for a small fraction of original and much less than their cost (unless they lie to someone and put them on another persons car as new...). i bet toyo makes it near impossible to get the money out of their warranty department. they'll likely not take the tires back, but credit them with part of the purchase price.

I hadn't considered this, so I called Toyo Canada ( 1-877-682-8696 ) I asked if the dealer lost money or had to jump though any hoops. She said "No, we don't punish our dealers for our return policy". She said the dealer gets the full cost of the tires (what the dealer paid) returned to them. And the tires are returned to Toyo on their dime, not the dealers (she said most dealers get a shipment weekly and these just go back with any defective, warranty or wrong size ordered tires).

So that doesn't seem to be the case. They made money on the set of tires they sold me, plus labor twice.

hmm... good on ya for checking! but then again, i bet if you call chrysler customer care they'll tell you dealers are well rewarded for warranty work and that we are never on the hook for any issues that should be considered a factory defect.

again, could be the best of intentions, but i doubt it's so easy... even if so, they probably have a score to keep... fewer returns will increase the store's reward. perhaps a bonus for % of returns to sold. so many things that happen behind the scenes that the customers don't (want to) know.

as i said to start the last one though... not good service and they don't want ya? don't give them the business. not worth your trouble.

btw... keep doing the pics.. loving em.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Online dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2017, 12:40:29 pm »
Mazda dealers call the factory to put a warranty claim request before actually proceeding with warranty work. I assumed this was standard?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2017, 01:37:01 pm »
I was considering going with the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for the sportiness before my wife's employer decided to give her a brand new set of Bridgestone Ecopias for our Mazda 3 as a thanks for 6 months of service.  :o

Ron, have you looked at Nitto NT850s luxury touring tires?
No, they weren't considered. If it's one thing the Lexus forum is good for, it's tire testing. Literally 1000 plus responses in various threads. They generally agree with Consumer Reports. The Pirelli P7 Plus and Michelin Premier are the 2 best. The Versado Noir seems to fall in between those 2 depending who you ask. I REALLY liked the Versado and would not hesitate to recommend it. Just certain impacts seemed a bit louder in my car.

When running dB test in my car, the Versado was about 1dB quieter. But the P7 was smoother for my application.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2017, 06:26:52 pm »
interesting tire thread...my Rio5's tires are now at the wear mark, so i'll need to replace them...Costco currently has Michelin Premier A/S tires on sale...a set of 4 is just under $700, so call it about $850 installed/taxes in...they also have some Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires for about $100 less, but i think i'd prefer the ride from the Premier version (plus it has a longer life).
Don't get the Premiers.  I had them on the Corolla. Really nice ride, great promise of long lasting, but horrible with hydroplane resistance even when new.  Great idea and great design, but the starting tread depth is too shallow and the channels too narrow to evacuate sufficient water.
really?...that sucks...they seem to be very well rated (and aren't an overly expensive tire). :-[
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2017, 08:48:01 pm »
really?...that sucks...they seem to be very well rated (and aren't an overly expensive tire). :-[

I have the same tires on my civic for about a year. No complaints. So now you have a sample size of 2. ;)
Made in Canada as well.
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Online dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2017, 11:28:48 pm »
Kal Tire also gave the Premiers a poor hydroplane resistance rating. Too bad.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2017, 12:38:08 pm »
Kal Tire also gave the Premiers a poor hydroplane resistance rating. Too bad.
yea, i see they gave it a 2/5 stars.

oddly enough though, at tirerack.com, the Premier A/S is among their top rated tire, and with 276 reviews, it seems to average a pretty respectable 4.5/5 stars...they also give it a 9.3/10 for hydroplaning so it's difficult to understand the discrepancy there.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Premier+A%2FS&partnum=045VR7PREAS&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes#RatingsReviews

i've never had a bad experience with Michelin tires, and the fact they sell them at Costco is a big plus too.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2017, 01:05:28 pm »

i've never had a bad experience with Michelin tires, and the fact they sell them at Costco is a big plus too.

I've had a few warranty issues with Michelin, and was treated poorly.  And yet, here I am, about to take a chance on some new summer tires for the Corolla and we're getting Michelin.  But, only because I know Costco will stand behind them.  My Dad bought a set for his Corolla and I was very impressed driving his car, so taking a break from Bridgestone for a bit.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2017, 01:05:39 pm »
CR has them top rated too.

The P7 I just bought get poor wet weather rating from TR, yet I drove in big storms yesterday and no worries

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2017, 01:13:13 pm »
I started shopping for replacement tires for my (now former) Spark EV.

The Michelin Premier A/S  were on of the very short list of LRR tire available in the right size plus a general good ratings, as mentioned above. Finally, I changed the car before I put the Michelin under....  :hide:
Gone but not forgotten in chronological order: 2019 Volt, 2013 Volt, 2014 Spark EV, 2012 Volt and many others before...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2017, 01:16:26 pm »
My new tires are LRR apparently

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2017, 01:34:52 pm »
This is the type of shop I'd write a review about online though. Share the story. It's not slander if it's true!

Online dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2017, 11:40:27 pm »
yea, i see they gave it a 2/5 stars.

oddly enough though, at tirerack.com, the Premier A/S is among their top rated tire, and with 276 reviews, it seems to average a pretty respectable 4.5/5 stars...they also give it a 9.3/10 for hydroplaning so it's difficult to understand the discrepancy there.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Premier+A%2FS&partnum=045VR7PREAS&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes#RatingsReviews

I've come to the conclusion long ago that Tire Rack users don't know what good hydroplaning resistance means, much like they don't know what good winter traction means.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2017, 04:06:29 am »
This was an official Tire Rack review, not a consumer review

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2017, 09:39:06 am »
went to visit my buddy at Costco yesterday...he had a look at the tires and measured the tread depth for me...4s and 5s...he said i could get new tires, but if it were him, he'd get this one more summer out of them and buy new in the spring...i'll take his advise and put it off until next year (barring any issues).