Author Topic: 2024 Volvo V60 T8 eAWD Polestar Engineered  (Read 1993 times)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
2024 Volvo V60 T8 eAWD Polestar Engineered
« on: December 05, 2023, 11:00:01 am »

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Re: 2024 Volvo V60 T8 eAWD Polestar Engineered
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 11:32:07 am »
Someone at work test drove one a few months ago and he thought it was great albeit expensive. He ended up buying a lightly used Audi etron instead.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +478/-1160
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 02:47:03 pm »
Yup they do. Best looking car on the road IMHO.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2023, 08:51:22 pm »

Best looking car on the road IMHO.

Which one?

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2023, 12:08:08 am »

Ever see an LC500 😝

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2023, 12:46:10 am »

Ever see an LC500 [emoji13]
Or a Buick TourX? LOL [emoji38]

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2023, 01:09:39 am »
Nope this ain't no Volvo  ;)

Volvo has never figured out suspension tuning and steering feel so sport wagon's look the part but they write cheques they can't cash. I highly doubt this one is very different. I had a V70R but the handling/ride was miserable. Harsh but still still rolled and understeer, even with the fancy "skyhook" 4C adjustable shocks. I threw IPD sway bars at it but eventually gave up. It just didn't handle very good. Volvo should stick to long travel bouncy suspensions aimed at comfort like the current Crosstrek.

Therein lies the problem. A sport wagon that goes like stink but likely rides like hell and has ok handling. Who is this for? They admit it can't really handle kid seats or gangly teenagers so it is a car for the family man with a few pre teen kids. Also note the car doesn't have much storage including no center console. A family car with no real storage. Again very limited market of wealthy empty nesters; I bet they sell dozens! For 90k you would be better off with a crosstrek and 50k in your pocket for motorcycles and toys.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12356
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2023, 07:54:15 am »
I didn't know they still made these. Sure is pricey though.

https://driving.ca/reviews/road-test/2024-volvo-v60-t8-eawd-polestar-engineered-phev-review

That is a SHARP-looking wagon - something Volvo has done well for a while now.

For some reason, Volvo wagons are hugely popular in my neighborhood.  I see way more of them walking around than driving around at large.  Fair number of Volvo SUVs as well.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2023, 08:03:01 am »

Volvo has never figured out suspension tuning and steering feel so sport wagon's look the part but they write cheques they can't cash. I highly doubt this one is very different. I had a V70R but the handling/ride was miserable. Harsh but still still rolled and understeer, even with the fancy "skyhook" 4C adjustable shocks. I threw IPD sway bars at it but eventually gave up. It just didn't handle very good. Volvo should stick to long travel bouncy suspensions aimed at comfort like the current Crosstrek.

Therein lies the problem. A sport wagon that goes like stink but likely rides like hell and has ok handling. Who is this for? They admit it can't really handle kid seats or gangly teenagers so it is a car for the family man with a few pre teen kids. Also note the car doesn't have much storage including no center console. A family car with no real storage. Again very limited market of wealthy empty nesters; I bet they sell dozens! For 90k you would be better off with a crosstrek and 50k in your pocket for motorcycles and toys.

Car and Driver mentioned that the ride was firm but the suspension is adjustable and you can make the ride softer. They didn't really go into much detail about the handling though.

And the Crosstrek is not the answer to everything.  ::)

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2023, 10:15:26 am »

Car and Driver mentioned that the ride was firm but the suspension is adjustable and you can make the ride softer. They didn't really go into much detail about the handling though.

Firm but adjustable lol. Just like my harsh riding wagon from 18 years ago lol.  Not denying it's a looker but beauty needs to be more than skin deep.

and yes Crosstrek is the answer to everything unless it's a CX-5.  ;D Everything you need and nothing you don't.  Below is the estimated cost of ownership Volvo on left and Subaru on the right. In US dollars.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 10:35:59 am by ktm525 »

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2023, 10:43:38 am »

Firm but adjustable lol. Just like my harsh riding wagon from 18 years ago lol.  Not denying it's a looker but beauty needs to be more than skin deep.

and yes Crosstrek is the answer to everything unless it's a CX-5.  ;D Everything you need and nothing you don't.  Below is the estimated cost of ownership Volvo on left and Subaru on the right. In US dollars.

More expensive cars are more expensive to own? Shocking!  :P

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2023, 12:12:01 pm »

More expensive cars are more expensive to own? Shocking!  :P

Yeah that depreciation is downright shocking all right.  ;D

$100k car with a $40k car ride. Prove me wrong. The review skirted the subject other than to say firm but adjustable and it's "heavy".

All yours for $60/day for 5 years.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 12:17:40 pm by ktm525 »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2023, 04:11:46 pm »
Is this a made in China one?

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2023, 04:38:32 pm »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2023, 05:08:22 pm »
Is this a made in China one?

No
I seem to recall anything "polestar" was China?

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +478/-1160
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2023, 06:03:33 pm »
Polestar is jointly owned by Volvo and Geely, which owns Volvo, go figure….

Polestar headquarters are in Gothenburg, Sweden, I’ve been there when the P2 was still a prototype. P2 and P3 are built in China.

The V60 is still built in Europe, Sweden or Gent, Belgium.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2023, 06:48:44 pm »

Polestar headquarters are in Gothenburg, Sweden, I’ve been there when the P2 was still a prototype. P2 and P3 are built in China.

But the XC60 built in U.S.?

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2023, 06:49:28 pm »

Sweden and Ghent are not in Europe?   ;D Actually I am not sure Ghent is any better than China for build quality. I will say that my old XC60 has "Sweden" stamped on all the metal, don't want buyers to think it is old dishwashers ground up from China.  I think it was built by those French er Dutch er Belgians in Ghent.

Europe sold their soul to China years ago. Looking at you Germany.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 12:50:17 pm by ktm525 »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2023, 06:50:56 pm »

. Looking at you Germany.

They also sold their soul to Russia....