Author Topic: Toyota Crown Signia (estate)  (Read 3853 times)

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Toyota Crown Signia (estate)
« on: November 08, 2023, 10:50:26 pm »
Will be revealed Nov 14 as it would appear. I like the exterior. Some sources say it will slot between the Highlander and the Rav4 size wise. Still, it's good to have choices.
https://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/crown-signia

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
Re: Toyota Crown Signia (estate)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 11:17:34 pm »
I dunno.

I think the other Crown SUV (Crown Sport) is a better candidate for North American market
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 01:20:39 am by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 08:13:05 am »
Liking the red one. Looks like a much sportier Venza. If I wasn't cheap, I'd easily consider one of these.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 09:30:26 am »
The Signia is fine, but the Sport looks really good. Good thing Toyota dealers have big showrooms, they're getting a lot of different models.

Now to have some in stock! Especially hybrids

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 09:36:33 am »
Damn, I assumed we were getting the Crown Sport, which actually looks quite good.

Does Toyota really need this and the Venza though?

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 09:51:26 am »
Damn, I assumed we were getting the Crown Sport, which actually looks quite good.

That is exactly what I was thinking.  The Crown Sport looks like a much better "Crown" vehicle for NA market due to it's more traditional styling/layout.

So Toyota will have the Corolla Cross, Rav4, Venza, bZ4X, Crown CUV of some sort, 4Runner, Land Cruiser, Highlander, Grand Highlander, and Sequoia.  Plus there are rumors of other CUV's that might be made and possibly sold in NA.  Crazy to see that many CUV/SUV's all offered by one manufacturer.  You wouldn't think there are enough buyers for such a lineup but that's probably not the case anymore.  Meanwhile the sedan's they offer are pretty much Corolla, Camry, Prius, and Crown.  Times are certainly changing.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2023, 10:11:37 am »

That is exactly what I was thinking.  The Crown Sport looks like a much better "Crown" vehicle for NA market due to it's more traditional styling/layout.

So Toyota will have the Corolla Cross, Rav4, Venza, bZ4X, Crown CUV of some sort, 4Runner, Land Cruiser, Highlander, Grand Highlander, and Sequoia.  Plus there are rumors of other CUV's that might be made and possibly sold in NA.  Crazy to see that many CUV/SUV's all offered by one manufacturer.  You wouldn't think there are enough buyers for such a lineup but that's probably not the case anymore.  Meanwhile the sedan's they offer are pretty much Corolla, Camry, Prius, and Crown.  Times are certainly changing.

I remember thinking Toyota had so many SUVs years ago when it was "just" RAV4, 4Runner, Highlander, Sequoia, Land Cruiser.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 11:00:54 am »
Thats a Venza...are they really splitting the anonymous, gelatinous blob CUV market into 10ths?!!??!
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 11:02:53 am »
Thats a Venza...are they really splitting the anonymous, gelatinous blob CUV market into 10ths?!!??!

Yes, yes they are.  Add in the Lexus variants and that's a lot of CUVs for Toyota. 
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2023, 11:07:17 am »

Yes, yes they are.  Add in the Lexus variants and that's a lot of CUVs for Toyota.

If you want to buy a raised semi luxury sedan thing, go get a Lexus RX, why even bother. You want a smaller one, they have the NX, you want bigger, they have the GX. Toyota should stick to trucks, 4Runners, Highlanders, and Corollas.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 11:12:47 am »

If you want to buy a raised semi luxury sedan thing, go get a Lexus RX, why even bother. You want a smaller one, they have the NX, you want bigger, they have the GX. Toyota should stick to trucks, 4Runners, Highlanders, and Corollas.
Some of us are okay spending a little less for a Toyota badge and the lower servicing rates. 

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2023, 11:18:10 am »

Some of us are okay spending a little less for a Toyota badge and the lower servicing rates.

But its so satisfying driving by someone with the lower class badge  ;D

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2023, 11:24:11 am »

That's one benefit of owning an Acura, Lexus, etc.  Just get them serviced at Honda, Toyota, etc. if you want to save a few $$ and don't care about the experience.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2023, 11:26:46 am »

That's one benefit of owning an Acura, Lexus, etc.  Just get them serviced at Honda, Toyota, etc. if you want to save a few $$ and don't care about the experience.

Exactly...but I enjoy my freshly made lattes by a barista and fresh baked goods vs coffee from a machine and rubbing elbows with the (shudder) proletariat.   ;D

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12356
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2023, 11:37:49 am »

Exactly...but I enjoy my freshly made lattes by a barista and fresh baked goods vs coffee from a machine and rubbing elbows with the (shudder) proletariat.   ;D

Meh - I can get coffee and pastry anywhere - very proletariat.  ;D Genesis comes and picks up my car and leaves me a loaner.  The best dealership service experience is the one where I never have to go to a dealership.  :)
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2023, 11:44:54 am »

Meh - I can get coffee and pastry anywhere - very proletariat.  ;D Genesis comes and picks up my car and leaves me a loaner.  The best dealership service experience is the one where I never have to go to a dealership.  :)

Ya, that's the ticket right there.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2023, 01:28:02 pm »

Ya, that's the ticket right there.
That is the perfect set up for sure.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2023, 01:33:20 pm »
Jaeger, how does the concierge service work once the 5 years complimentary is up?  Is it just the same as before, except you pay for it?  Do they break out the charges for picking up/dropping off or is it just blended into the rates?

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2023, 10:55:30 pm »

To answer my own question... No, they don't. The Venza is dead after 2024, replaced by the Crown Signia.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45825604/2025-toyota-crown-signia-hybrid-suv-debut/

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2023, 11:38:39 pm »