Author Topic: Acura Integra Type S...Hey JohnnyMac  (Read 9892 times)

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-46
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru WRX STI, 2022 Acura MDX (wifey's)
Re: Acura Integra Type S...Hey JohnnyMac
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2023, 12:25:44 am »
My sister-in-law's boyfriend just got one. He let me take it for a spin. It's pretty nice. The power is nice and linear. Felt like it just kept building all the way up to redline. Handled corners really well and only a slight but to throttle steer when powering hard out of a corner.

Looks mean too especially in black. Low and wide stance.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2023, 04:58:14 am »
Oh..that's nice.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12356
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2023, 05:49:45 am »
I've seen quite a few on the road - very sharp looking ride.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2023, 06:58:09 am »
My sister-in-law's boyfriend just got one. He let me take it for a spin. It's pretty nice. The power is nice and linear. Felt like it just kept building all the way up to redline. Handled corners really well and only a slight but to throttle steer when powering hard out of a corner.

Very nice.  If you were shopping new right now to replace your STI, what do you think you'd end up with? 

If I were to buy one of these it would have to be in that metallic yellow color.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12356
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2023, 07:01:10 am »

Very nice.  If you were shopping new right now to replace your STI, what do you think you'd end up with? 

If I were to buy one of these it would have to be in that metallic yellow color.

Naturally.  ;D

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2023, 07:50:17 am »
That looks great.

Just went and built one of these, only $66,476.20 OTD in Ontario.

Freight/PDI makes up $2,595.00 of that.

Offline PoweredSilenceGT

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +8/-75
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2023, 08:41:17 am »
That looks great.

Chances of getting one at that price is 0 thanks to dealer markups. Probably will be closer to 80K.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2023, 09:01:46 am »
That looks great.

Chances of getting one at that price is 0 thanks to dealer markups. Probably will be closer to 80K.
The Acura dealer in Moncton NB will sell it for MSRP but with a $500 admin fee.  So it is possible to get it close to MSRP, you just need to be flexible in where you buy it.

Offline PoweredSilenceGT

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2023, 09:18:39 am »
That looks great.

The Acura dealer in Moncton NB will sell it for MSRP but with a $500 admin fee.  So it is possible to get it close to MSRP, you just need to be flexible in where you buy it.

Being in the center of the universe, flexible is quiet the understatement.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2023, 09:23:37 am »
That looks great.

I'm not sure what you are implying with this comment. 

Offline PoweredSilenceGT

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2023, 09:45:47 am »
That looks great.

Ummmm.... Being from the Toronto area (commonly derisively referred by people that don't live here as being the center of the universe), procuring an Acura Integra Type S from Moncton NB would be extremely difficult.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2023, 09:52:19 am »
That looks great.

Ummmm.... Being from the Toronto area (commonly derisively referred by people that don't live here as being the center of the universe), procuring an Acura Integra Type S from Moncton NB would be extremely difficult.
Extremely difficult?  I live in Fredericton and bought a Civic Si in Hawkesbury Ontario.  I assure you it's not difficult, just more of an inconvenience due to the drive and doing everything through phone and email.  I even worked out the trade in prior to the purchase.

If like you and others have suggested that there are thousands of dollars being added to these special vehicles, I'm sure a days worth of driving, or a cheap one way flight is worth the hassle.  At least it would be for me.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2023, 09:57:32 am »
Did the same with the Crosstrek, except I did everything remotely and got the dealer to put it on a truck. Best buying experience I've had so far

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2023, 10:06:00 am »
That looks great.

Extremely difficult?  I live in Fredericton and bought a Civic Si in Hawkesbury Ontario.  I assure you it's not difficult, just more of an inconvenience due to the drive and doing everything through phone and email.  I even worked out the trade in prior to the purchase.

If like you and others have suggested that there are thousands of dollars being added to these special vehicles, I'm sure a days worth of driving, or a cheap one way flight is worth the hassle.  At least it would be for me.

Yeah, I've purchased four vehicles in Ontario and Quebec, nothing difficult about it.

Offline PoweredSilenceGT

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2023, 10:20:51 am »
That looks great.

It's semantics - what you call an inconvenience I could call difficult and either of us wouldn't be wrong. Either way it is obviously more difficult/inconvenient that simply going to one's local dealer and boils down to how much you value your time.

But yes, in this case it would be worth it to me as well as I think they are being marked up to the high 70s in the GTA so that's like 10K in savings.

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2023, 10:30:41 am »
Hey everyone, just to point out a few things. His is one of the first available in Canada so I doubt anyone's seeing plenty of these on the roads right now, probably just the regular Integra or ASpec. He wasn't supposed to get it till later on in the year but dealer offered him this one when it arrived.

I don't think dealer added any markups, plus he got favourable trade in on his Civic Si. It was coming near end of lease and they offered ~11k on top of buyout.

I bought my STI out of province and it was delivered to my street (trees kept the delivery truck from coming right to my door). Negotiations were done over the phone and it was the easiest transaction ever.

I think I would have trouble finding a suitable new replacement for my STI. If this Type S or the Type R came with AWD, it may work. But prices are just crazy high right now. Yes, AWD is not necessary but we have inclement weather half the year and AWD just makes winter driving more fun (for me). In the dry though (and maybe slightly damp conditions), I don't think any other car beats the Type S/R in this vehicle category. Keep in mind I keep my cars a long time so reliability is very important to me.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2023, 10:34:02 am »
I think I would have trouble finding a suitable new replacement for my STI. If this Type S or the Type R came with AWD, it may work. But prices are just crazy high right now. Yes, AWD is not necessary but we have inclement weather half the year and AWD just makes winter driving more fun (for me). In the dry though (and maybe slightly damp conditions), I don't think any other car beats the Type S/R in this vehicle category. Keep in mind I keep my cars a long time so reliability is very important to me.
Based on that I would think either the new Golf R or the GR Corolla would be as close to a direct replacement for your STI if you must have AWD.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2023, 10:42:04 am »
That looks great.

It's semantics - what you call an inconvenience I could call difficult and either of us wouldn't be wrong. Either way it is obviously more difficult/inconvenient that simply going to one's local dealer and boils down to how much you value your time.

But yes, in this case it would be worth it to me as well as I think they are being marked up to the high 70s in the GTA so that's like 10K in savings.

I think the perspective is much different when you don't live in or near a city of 1M+.

Personally, picking up a car in ON or QC is a great excuse to visit friends and go on a road trip.

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2023, 10:45:44 am »
That looks great.

My STI was the last Hikari edition (and likely last new STI) in Canada in 2016. I did a nationwide search as all local dealers were sold out. Found it in PEI. Reached out to Charlottetown Subaru via their website inquiry. They called me back to say it was available. Took a day to consider it again and discuss with wifey, then I emailed and said we're good to go. They called me back, said they could ship to me no charge so deal was done. We were also heading out for a trip so they scheduled the delivery for when we got back. Like I said, easiest transaction ever.

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2023, 10:48:11 am »
Based on that I would think either the new Golf R or the GR Corolla would be as close to a direct replacement for your STI if you must have AWD.

I haven't seen one in person yet but from what I've seen/read in reviews, the GR Corolla interior is the most low rent in the class. Golf Rs are nice, but I just don't trust VWs long term. I think having all these options in the class are great though. Just sucks about vehicle pricing in general.