Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3113043 times)

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #14100 on: March 24, 2017, 06:35:02 pm »
It's still snowing

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #14101 on: March 24, 2017, 06:36:17 pm »
Looking at the radar suggests it's gonna keep snowing too.  Especially just south of the city.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #14102 on: March 24, 2017, 06:36:50 pm »
CEL on the Santa Fe this morning, and what appeared to be a dead gas gauge - despite a full tank of gas.  I had noticed a bit of weirdness with the AVG L/100km readout a few weeks ago, but chalked it up to electronic gremlins due to cold weather.  I don't like CELs, though, so I took it in. 

Turns out I needed a new fuel pump (the OEM was melting wires and shorting) plus the fuel level sensor.  After parts and labour, plus diagnostics:  $1245.  Happy Friday.

On the bright side, I guess it could have fried out on me on the way to a hike, and stranded me in the middle of BF nowhere.  I do have CAA+, but it's the PITA factor that I'm glad I avoided.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:38:49 pm by FrauFarbissina »

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #14103 on: March 24, 2017, 06:48:09 pm »
I wouldn't change back to summer's yet.  Apparently many did as there were a lot of accidents here today.

It's still coming down HEAVY.  Gotta be 10cm + today.

My son's place, Conroy and Hunt Club only got maybe 5 cm
According to the news 12cm at the airport.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #14104 on: March 24, 2017, 07:24:49 pm »
I wouldn't change back to summer's yet.  Apparently many did as there were a lot of accidents here today.

It's still coming down HEAVY.  Gotta be 10cm + today.

My son's place, Conroy and Hunt Club only got maybe 5 cm
According to the news 12cm at the airport.
That's about right.  Snowblowed at least that out of my driveway 2 hours ago and I live 20 km south of the airport. Luckily I caught it before the rain and other "wintry mix" set in!

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #14105 on: March 24, 2017, 07:55:02 pm »
CEL on the Santa Fe this morning, and what appeared to be a dead gas gauge - despite a full tank of gas.  I had noticed a bit of weirdness with the AVG L/100km readout a few weeks ago, but chalked it up to electronic gremlins due to cold weather.  I don't like CELs, though, so I took it in. 

Turns out I needed a new fuel pump (the OEM was melting wires and shorting) plus the fuel level sensor.  After parts and labour, plus diagnostics:  $1245.  Happy Friday.

On the bright side, I guess it could have fried out on me on the way to a hike, and stranded me in the middle of BF nowhere.  I do have CAA+, but it's the PITA factor that I'm glad I avoided.

My Entourage is getting to a similar point, where it's more then regular maintenance.  Think I am going to sell it in October.  Put that money towards buying out the lease of the 6.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #14106 on: March 24, 2017, 08:11:07 pm »

Spark + fuel.....You might not need CAA, just a taxi.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Offline Brig

• Brig
    • View Profile
« Reply #14107 on: March 24, 2017, 08:14:34 pm »
Spark + fuel.....You might not need CAA, just a taxi.

Or an ambulance ride?   :rofl2: 

;D

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #14108 on: March 25, 2017, 06:27:06 pm »
I'll be celebrating Human Achievement Hour tonight, beginning at 8:30 local time, happily using all the lights and appliances technology has given us.

https://cei.org/content/human-achievement-hour-2017

Human Achievement Hour is CEI's annual celebration of human progress and will be held on Saturday, March 25, 2017, from 8:30 - 9:30PM GMT, or your local time. During Human Achievement Hour, we pay tribute to human innovations that have allowed people around the globe to live better, fuller lives, and defend our basic human right to use energy to improve everyone's quality of life.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brig

• Brig
    • View Profile
« Reply #14109 on: March 25, 2017, 09:04:56 pm »
My Entourage is getting to a similar point, where it's more then regular maintenance.  Think I am going to sell it in October.  Put that money towards buying out the lease of the 6.

Yeah, it's almost like she knew that I was planning to get rid of her not too long ago...  :rofl2:  I swear that vehicles have souls and feelings! 

So much for being payment-free right now - that outlay was almost four months' worth.  :(  Such is life, sometimes.  The amount hurts, but at least I had the cash to do it, thanks to my starting the "new vehicle" fund several months ago.  Crossing my fingers that this is the last BIG THING until I move on to a new ride.

Offline Brig

• Brig
    • View Profile
« Reply #14110 on: March 25, 2017, 09:09:07 pm »
I'll be celebrating Human Achievement Hour tonight, beginning at 8:30 local time, happily using all the lights and appliances technology has given us.

Don't forget to run the dishwasher and washer/dryer at the same time, while watching TV, making toast, defrosting stuff in the microwave and downloading giant files from your computer.  Make sure you replace all your bulbs with incandescents, too!

And hot water!  Don't forget the hot water!  Run all the taps!

:rofl2:

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #14111 on: March 25, 2017, 09:51:13 pm »

Don't forget to run the dishwasher and washer/dryer at the same time, while watching TV, making toast, defrosting stuff in the microwave and downloading giant files from your computer.  Make sure you replace all your bulbs with incandescents, too!

And hot water!  Don't forget the hot water!  Run all the taps!

:rofl2:

I watching Engine Masters episodes on Youtube with all the lights on.   :light: :light: :light: :light: :light: :light: :light: :light:
383 Chevy vs. 383 Mopar! - Engine Masters Ep. 3
https://youtu.be/L-uV61qilqU

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #14112 on: March 26, 2017, 03:00:06 am »
F1 still sucks...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14113 on: March 26, 2017, 10:46:31 am »
Looking at ordering some cases for my wife's Samsung S7, and Samsung Galaxy Tab E. 

Want the cases to have an integrated screen protector.  Have been looking at the Otterbox Defender Series.  One of her previous phones had this case.  Read some complaints of dust getting under the screen, with it being a pain to constantly clean.  Any feedback from others?  Or other suggestions? 

I don't feel the screen protector film is enough.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #14114 on: March 26, 2017, 01:00:01 pm »
Repainted the living room walls this morning.  Nice to have it done, looks cleaner, too.  Fixed the nail pops and chair marks.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14115 on: March 26, 2017, 01:17:56 pm »
Repainted the living room walls this morning.  Nice to have it done, looks cleaner, too.  Fixed the nail pops and chair marks.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

Did the laundry room yesterday.  Thought it would be simple.  But there is 3 doors in there.  Painted all the doors, casing, baseboards, had to pull out all the machines.  PITA.  No wonder it's the second last room (other being upstairs hallway) in the whole house that hasn't been painted by us in the last 7 years. 

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #14116 on: March 26, 2017, 02:42:45 pm »
Looking at ordering some cases for my wife's Samsung S7, and Samsung Galaxy Tab E. 

Want the cases to have an integrated screen protector.  Have been looking at the Otterbox Defender Series.  One of her previous phones had this case.  Read some complaints of dust getting under the screen, with it being a pain to constantly clean.  Any feedback from others?  Or other suggestions? 

I first got Otter boxes for my phone and tablet, but didn't like as it was to heavy and big
Don't not use anything on the iPad, on the phone I only have a thin cover as the iPhone is slippery

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14117 on: March 26, 2017, 06:02:54 pm »

I first got Otter boxes for my phone and tablet, but didn't like as it was to heavy and big
Don't not use anything on the iPad, on the phone I only have a thin cover as the iPhone is slippery

Well it goes into her 5lb purse anyway.  So she can live with it being heavy, her phones have to last more than a year.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #14118 on: March 26, 2017, 10:10:46 pm »

Screen film is definitely enough. We've used nothing but. Not all films are created equal either. The high quality ones are great.

And we use exclusively Ballistic cases. Bordering on mill spec. And the have rubber bumpers on the edges so when they fall it prevents the phone from hitting the screen. And their drop tests are some of the highest rated in the biz.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Online HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #14119 on: March 26, 2017, 10:25:16 pm »
I used to put the protective film on, but don't even bother with that anymore. Been over a year with my current phone and the screen is still perfect.

I also just have the little leather case from Apple. Makes for a nice, slim phone that's comfortable to hold and comfortable in my pocket. Seems to offer enough protection, too. I've dropped the phone on concrete more than a few times and it's fine.