Author Topic: Test Drive: 2015 Nissan Micra SV  (Read 13194 times)

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Re: Test Drive: 2015 Nissan Micra SV
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2014, 10:58:16 am »
The Sonic and Fiesta aren't compacts though, and are direct competitors of the Micra.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2014, 11:00:57 am »
I think anything these days will make it to 340k.   Certainly, I expect to do better with any car I buy now and also with very little maintenance.

Cheers,
John M.

That would be an interesting thread.  Mainstream cars today are much more complicated, than they were 10 years ago.  CVTs, direct injection, cameras, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, etc.  Not saying they won't make it to 350k, but with all this tech, does that lower the reliability of vehicles from 10 years ago?

They should make it to 350K from a mechanical standpoint.....all their idiotic cameras, touchscreens and nanny systems might not. Think about it, if that fancy MFT system goes out on an older Focus, the vehicle is scrap, no one will put several thousands of dollars into a cheap, old car. I think a lot of these systems will be the downfall of the car and will be taking an otherwise perfectly serviceable vehicle off the road.
Lighten up Francis.....

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2014, 11:22:28 am »
I think anything these days will make it to 340k.   Certainly, I expect to do better with any car I buy now and also with very little maintenance.

Cheers,
John M.

That would be an interesting thread.  Mainstream cars today are much more complicated, than they were 10 years ago.  CVTs, direct injection, cameras, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, etc.  Not saying they won't make it to 350k, but with all this tech, does that lower the reliability of vehicles from 10 years ago?

They should make it to 350K from a mechanical standpoint.....all their idiotic cameras, touchscreens and nanny systems might not. Think about it, if that fancy MFT system goes out on an older Focus, the vehicle is scrap, no one will put several thousands of dollars into a cheap, old car. I think a lot of these systems will be the downfall of the car and will be taking an otherwise perfectly serviceable vehicle off the road.

OR, that stuff won't fail at all and will truck on until the body disintegrates around the car.  We. Just. Don't. Know.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2014, 11:26:55 am »

Cheers,
John M.

OR, that stuff won't fail at all and will truck on until the body disintegrates around the car.  We. Just. Don't. Know.

I highly doubt that. Look at the issues most new cars are having, its mainly electrical crap. The pistons are staying inside the block but the power window switches are catching fire.......

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2014, 11:40:17 am »

Cheers,
John M.

I highly doubt that. Look at the issues most new cars are having, its mainly electrical crap. The pistons are staying inside the block but the power window switches are catching fire.......

Some of those issues aren't with the electronics failing, but not reacting the way the consumer wants them to (i.e. too slow, or consumer not sure how the interface works, etc.)

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2014, 11:55:18 am »
The Sonic and Fiesta aren't compacts though, and are direct competitors of the Micra.

I would call the Sonic and Fiesta subcompacts while the Micra and Spark are micro cars. Microcompacts?

Offline Rupert

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +49/-160
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2014, 03:52:39 pm »
What about the Fiat 500? Would that be a Micracompact?