Author Topic: Sarah-n-Tuned 1982 Celica Supra  (Read 3199 times)

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12356
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
Re: Sarah-n-Tuned 1982 Celica Supra
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2023, 08:02:45 am »
Not focused here...I was unaware.  Never even occurred to me to check.  Wasn't sure if you guys were joking or something because of a spelling error...nope.  Don't care though...I like the videos...the Bug was cool, this was cool, the V8 Celica is cool...

I was unaware as well but could careless.  Whether she does her own work is definitely questionable.  It's U-tube after all.  For example, Throttle House employs 4 staff to produce their U-Tube vids.  Much of what you watch on u-tube is hardly authentic.
Huh?  You know that in order to have quality content that most "channels" or content creators have staff.  It's no different than Motoring, Driving TV, Top Gear, etc.  They all have staff.  Authentic doesn't mean the only people who are part of the content are in the video.  To me authentic is if the people on the screen are a part of the development and "ideas" presented in the video, or if they are just actors who present content they had no input into.

Agreed. I have no idea how having staff negates authenticity. But the bigger point to me is the point of agreement: judging her content on its merits and not on gender.  There are probably only 4 creators whose content I watch at least someone regularly. She is one of them.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2023, 08:06:43 am »
Most of these successful YouTubers start out solo & then eventually add people around them to help them out. Watch some of Hoovies early stuff & then the new stuff, MUCH MORE polished now. It's just a natural progression.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline PoweredSilenceGT

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +8/-75
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2023, 08:10:11 am »
No H2O has received a seven-day posting ban for his comments in this thread. He can still read posts, but cannot post to the boards during this time.

Watch - them and their ilk will now proceed to have an unhinged rail against free speech.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2023, 09:04:51 am »
Most of these successful YouTubers start out solo & then eventually add people around them to help them out. Watch some of Hoovies early stuff & then the new stuff, MUCH MORE polished now. It's just a natural progression.

Yeah, producing this stuff to a high level of quality is very difficult and time consuming if you do it on your own.

Offline WP v3.32

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +8/-18
    • View Profile
  • Cars: bugatti
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2023, 10:25:10 am »
Not focused here...I was unaware.  Never even occurred to me to check.  Wasn't sure if you guys were joking or something because of a spelling error...nope.  Don't care though...I like the videos...the Bug was cool, this was cool, the V8 Celica is cool...

I was unaware as well but could careless.  Whether she does her own work is definitely questionable.  It's U-tube after all.  For example, Throttle House employs 4 staff to produce their U-Tube vids.  Much of what you watch on u-tube is hardly authentic.
Huh?  You know that in order to have quality content that most "channels" or content creators have staff.  It's no different than Motoring, Driving TV, Top Gear, etc.  They all have staff.  Authentic doesn't mean the only people who are part of the content are in the video.  To me authentic is if the people on the screen are a part of the development and "ideas" presented in the video, or if they are just actors who present content they had no input into.

Agreed. I have no idea how having staff negates authenticity. But the bigger point to me is the point of agreement: judging her content on its merits and not on gender.  There are probably only 4 creators whose content I watch at least someone regularly. She is one of them.

You mean there's someone else holding the camera???  mind blown!    ;D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2023, 11:06:14 am »

Exactly, why wouldn't you, if you could, hire someone to film and edit or do small mechanical tasks in the background. I don't see how thats "selling out"??

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2023, 12:30:28 pm »

You mean there's someone else holding the camera???  mind blown!    ;D

:rofl2:

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2023, 01:12:14 pm »
You all miss the point of course.  You have these people that don't touch the cars, but pretend they do.  TH is so polished it's stupid.  But if you like the fake stuff have at it. 

Straight Pipes do it themselves.  Other than the race track videos, SG and Jack do it solo and the Car Wizard does his channel solo with his wife.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2023, 01:16:37 pm »
You all miss the point of course.  You have these people that don't touch the cars, but pretend they do.  TH is so polished it's stupid.  But if you like the fake stuff have at it. 

Straight Pipes do it themselves.  Other than the race track videos, SG and Jack do it solo and the Car Wizard does his channel solo with his wife.

I don't see your point.  One the one hand, you're talking about wrenching and / or not wrenching, like you're suggesting Sarah n Tuned does, or does not. 

On the other hand, you're talking about video production, which has NOTHING to do with the cars themselves.  The subject could be computers, or makeup tutorials, or airplanes, or whatever.  What does the video production and the staff on hand (camera guy, sound guy, editor, etc.) have to do with the actual subject matter itself?  pretty sure it's Thomas and James driving the cars, and at no point do they pretend that they work on the cars - not that that's the point of the channel.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2023, 01:46:19 pm »

I don't see your point.  One the one hand, you're talking about wrenching and / or not wrenching, like you're suggesting Sarah n Tuned does, or does not. 

On the other hand, you're talking about video production, which has NOTHING to do with the cars themselves.  The subject could be computers, or makeup tutorials, or airplanes, or whatever.  What does the video production and the staff on hand (camera guy, sound guy, editor, etc.) have to do with the actual subject matter itself?  pretty sure it's Thomas and James driving the cars, and at no point do they pretend that they work on the cars - not that that's the point of the channel.
Yeah I'm not sure what he means exactly.  Maybe he just prefers that it all be done by the people on camera.  I guess if that's what floats your boat, have at it.  I just think that Throttle House has done a great job of not only presenting a car, but having a bit of playful fun in it.  Plus I'm sure the shots and production have improve immensely since they added proper camera/sound people.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2023, 02:48:44 pm »

Yeah I'm not sure what he means exactly.  Maybe he just prefers that it all be done by the people on camera.  I guess if that's what floats your boat, have at it.  I just think that Throttle House has done a great job of not only presenting a car, but having a bit of playful fun in it.  Plus I'm sure the shots and production have improve immensely since they added proper camera/sound people.

Not sure what he is on about. At all. But hey - watch what you like.  If one guy and a GoPro is your thing, then do your thing.  Seems like a strange preference to be so strident about, but whatevs.

Also, I've met the Throttle House guys at their event.  What you see on screen is what you get in person - dudes that are super keen on cars and love having a laugh and don't take themselves too damned seriously all the damned time. Nothing inauthentic about it that I can see.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 02:52:06 pm by Jaeger »

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2023, 02:55:13 pm »
I don't get the hate for TH, Thomas and James seem like great guys...Straight Pipes are just not for me, I've tried watching them, but I find them kinda annoying, IMO.

Offline WP v3.32

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +8/-18
    • View Profile
  • Cars: bugatti
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2023, 02:58:32 pm »
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 03:02:10 pm by WP v3.32 »

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2023, 03:01:03 pm »
what is TH?

Throttle House - YouTube channel.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2023, 03:39:07 pm »
I don't get the hate for TH, Thomas and James seem like great guys...Straight Pipes are just not for me, I've tried watching them, but I find them kinda annoying, IMO.
I agree with your take on straight pipes guys.  I just am not a fan.

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2023, 12:38:01 am »
She was a heavy duty mechanic in the armed forces, I believe.  Which means she likely knows how to wrench.

AS, you are way too cynical.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2023, 04:54:48 pm »

I understood that he was asking/wondering if members of her team do the video recording, editing, etc...as well as the wrenching.  Like where does her team's help begin/end and does she really do all the wrenching?

I think it's possible she does it all? Unless there's a deadline for the next video, she's behind, and gets help to meet the deadline? Not sure if we'll ever know...but based on her occupation in the military (mechanic) I'm guessing she can spin wrenches on her own.

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...