Author Topic: Blackwing!  (Read 39972 times)

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
Re: Blackwing!
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2023, 03:20:31 pm »
Hire, I predict you owning one of these in about 13 years, once they've depreciated enough that you can justify adding one to the fleet...

I like them, and I respect anyone who buys one, because it's the last of a kind. That said, I've never been an American muscle kind of guy... it's a spectacular car but not for me.

Edit: Man... even saying this makes me feel like I'm sh*tting on the guy's new car, and I promise I'm not. If anything, the beauty of communities like ours is that we can all have a collective variety of enjoyable stuff and there's something for everyone in there. Except for Crosstrek and CX-5s, that is... those are rolling vasectomies  ;D ;D ;D

:-[

Although given that I've had one of those, and I drive a CX-5, I guess that's a fair point?

I consider the Blackwing overcompensation for my vasectomy!   ;D

I haven't hit that age yet where I feel the need to compensate...

I still feel young and virile, even if this is more the reality:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgd9hitEAE

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +102/-402
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '24 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2023, 04:23:28 pm »
If anything, the beauty of communities like ours is that we can all have a collective variety of enjoyable stuff and there's something for everyone in there. Except for Crosstrek and CX-5s, that is... those are rolling vasectomies  ;D ;D ;D

What a douchebag thing to say!

Then again: https://www.ryanoneverything.com/post/if-you-drive-one-of-these-10-cars-you-might-be-a-douchebag   ;D

HAAAA. I was mostly kidding - it still astounds me how many people here have bought Crosstreks and CX-5s in the past year!
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2023, 04:35:34 pm »
If anything, the beauty of communities like ours is that we can all have a collective variety of enjoyable stuff and there's something for everyone in there. Except for Crosstrek and CX-5s, that is... those are rolling vasectomies  ;D ;D ;D

Then again: https://www.ryanoneverything.com/post/if-you-drive-one-of-these-10-cars-you-might-be-a-douchebag   ;D

HAAAA. I was mostly kidding - it still astounds me how many people here have bought Crosstreks and CX-5s in the past year!

That's because they're good, sensible, do-everything vehicles for families who don't have an unlimited budget.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '24 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
« Reply #223 on: June 12, 2023, 04:39:44 pm »

That's because they're good, sensible, do-everything vehicles for families who don't have an unlimited budget.

Yes absolutely, but also, other vehicles in this segment exist that are good.

CX-5 competitors that are absolutely good and somehow never considered:  Tiguan, RAV4 (gas and Hybrid), new Rogue, Tucson, Sportage

Crosstrek competitors that are good and never considered: New HR-V, Taos, Seltos, Kona (though this is very small), etc.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2023, 04:56:40 pm »
Tell that to the dozens of people on here who shopped all those competitors and ended up with CX-5's and Crosstreks...

Must be something about those two vehicles...

« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 05:10:50 pm by Great_Big_Abyss »

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #225 on: June 12, 2023, 05:27:30 pm »
Yeah, I think those two hit a sweet spot, at least at that point in time. I was looking at all kinds of vehicles before settling on the Crosstrek

Kinda wondering if the CX-70 will be the next big hit

Anywho, back to the Blackwing! Looks like for that one exclusivity will be a thing

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 12, 2023, 08:00:59 pm »

Why  ? Thy were available to be purchased with less of  a wait for the most part.
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 12, 2023, 10:36:48 pm »

Why  ? Thy were available to be purchased with less of  a wait for the most part.

And this is the point that I absolutely forgot about… absolutely my bad on that one

Offline evil_twin

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +253/-253
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing, 2018 Audi Q7 3.0T
« Reply #228 on: June 13, 2023, 09:54:43 am »
CX- what?   ???   Never heard of it.

It's new car day!  :bounce:

Picking it up later this afternoon.   Hopefully the light showers expected hold off somewhat.   Some nice route options back from Guelph to my house in Waterloo....

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #229 on: June 13, 2023, 10:06:44 am »

Picking it up later this afternoon.   Hopefully the light showers expected hold off somewhat.   Some nice route options back from Guelph to my house in Waterloo....
Is there a break in protocol that you'll need to follow for the first little while?  Regardless it's a great day indeed.

Offline evil_twin

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +253/-253
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing, 2018 Audi Q7 3.0T
« Reply #230 on: June 13, 2023, 10:11:01 am »

Is there a break in protocol that you'll need to follow for the first little while?  Regardless it's a great day indeed.

Yep - 500 miles.   Redline then increases from 4,500 to 6,500.   They advise keeping it below 4,000 for that first period.   

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #231 on: June 13, 2023, 10:15:49 am »

Yep - 500 miles.   Redline then increases from 4,500 to 6,500.   They advise keeping it below 4,000 for that first period.   
Put on the miles then buddy!

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #232 on: June 13, 2023, 10:18:34 am »

Put on the miles then buddy!

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Yeah I'd just plan a 500 mile road trip to get that done and over with.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #233 on: June 13, 2023, 10:32:43 am »
Congrats! Such an incredible machine.

They advise keeping it below 4,000 for that first period.   

AKA the art of tantra driving. Good luck.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 13, 2023, 10:41:56 am »
I'm Psyched for you.  It's gonna be a good afternoon. 

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 13, 2023, 02:14:54 pm »
Damn.  Missed this.  Congrats from a very green individual in my chair.  Being me. 

Offline PoweredSilenceGT

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +8/-75
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2023, 09:12:56 am »

Yes absolutely, but also, other vehicles in this segment exist that are good.

CX-5 competitors that are absolutely good and somehow never considered:  Tiguan, RAV4 (gas and Hybrid), new Rogue, Tucson, Sportage

Crosstrek competitors that are good and never considered: New HR-V, Taos, Seltos, Kona (though this is very small), etc.

The Non Turbo (Mazda's 2.5T is having emerging issues with coolant loss) CX5 would be the top of my list if I was shopping in this class. The Rav4 has a terrible ride/handling balance <- soooo bad. And the others have nasty CVTs and/or long term reliability concerns...