Author Topic: 2021 Nissan 400Z  (Read 70722 times)

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Re: 2021 Nissan 400Z
« Reply #460 on: October 28, 2022, 11:55:36 am »
A Nissan dealer's explanation for a $60k ADM on a Proto  :rofl2:
Wow.  Got to love dealers attempting to justify outrageous ADM fees on new vehicles.  I'd respond with something like, asking for that much of a admin is like going to McDonald's seeing a price for a big mac set by McDonalds corporate and having the specific restaurant asking for double simply because some idiot is okay spending that on one.  If I was a manufacturer, any market adjustment or outrageous admin fee, I'd want a cut of that.  I mean, if they are the ones that are doing the leg work in creating and producing the product, they might as well reap these massive benefits from a hot market.

Bad analogy because prices are set by the franchisees.  ;D

McDonald's franchisees have full control of their prices and use Deloitte to recommend pricing on a local level, Lewis said, based on a restaurant's costs. Prices can also be dictated based on whether a restaurant wants to drive more customers toward meal deals.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #461 on: October 28, 2022, 12:06:10 pm »
Wow.  Got to love dealers attempting to justify outrageous ADM fees on new vehicles.  I'd respond with something like, asking for that much of a admin is like going to McDonald's seeing a price for a big mac set by McDonalds corporate and having the specific restaurant asking for double simply because some idiot is okay spending that on one.  If I was a manufacturer, any market adjustment or outrageous admin fee, I'd want a cut of that.  I mean, if they are the ones that are doing the leg work in creating and producing the product, they might as well reap these massive benefits from a hot market.

McDonald's franchisees have full control of their prices and use Deloitte to recommend pricing on a local level, Lewis said, based on a restaurant's costs. Prices can also be dictated based on whether a restaurant wants to drive more customers toward meal deals.
My bad

Offline carmechanicuk

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: amg
« Reply #462 on: October 29, 2022, 03:26:24 pm »
this car is beautiful do we have a release date?

Offline carmechanicuk

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: amg
« Reply #463 on: October 29, 2022, 03:27:19 pm »

everywhere is increasing prices due to material costs increasing but plenty of places are taking advantage of the situations and unjustifiable increasing prices to stupid levels

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #464 on: August 01, 2023, 07:34:00 am »
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a44694019/2024-nissan-z-nismo-revealed/

And the disappointment just keeps rolling with the new Nissan Z.  Only an extra 20hp and automatic only.  Other than the exterior looks and that cool blue interior option, there is absolutely nothing appealing about this car. 

Online Shorlaw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +16/-85
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Corvette GS, 2013XKR, 2018 Macan S
« Reply #465 on: August 01, 2023, 09:50:06 am »
That's really disappointing.  I saw a white Z a couple weeks ago quickly drive by, and a little slower look at a black one yesterday and I'm not really impressed.  The head/tail lights look amazing, but overall it's lacking any presence and just looks like a basic coupe.  I'd still like to get a close look in person, but from what I've seen I think the 370 is more eye catching and unique.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 01, 2023, 09:57:59 am »
That's really disappointing.  I saw a white Z a couple weeks ago quickly drive by, and a little slower look at a black one yesterday and I'm not really impressed.  The head/tail lights look amazing, but overall it's lacking any presence and just looks like a basic coupe.  I'd still like to get a close look in person, but from what I've seen I think the 370 is more eye catching and unique.
Yup, I kind of wish that Nissan would have maybe worked with another car maker to get the budget required to make a true sports car.  Maybe they could have done something with Mazda, Jaguar, or Alfa to come up with a RWD coupe that truly is deserving of the Z name plate.  This one would have done really well 10 years ago, but right now it's bested by pretty much the entire sports car field. 

Offline jaman

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +43/-573
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Mazda CX-5 GX
« Reply #467 on: August 01, 2023, 12:13:05 pm »
Let’s see what it can actually accomplish at the track to see if the changes amount to anything. On the street, you can’t use it to a level where you can probably discern any performance changes (other than losing the MT) so it’s probably moot. These purchases are typically emotionally driven anyways so any absolute answer does not apply. Im happy there are variations and options.

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 01, 2023, 12:14:06 pm »
Seems to me the 400Z might make for a heck of a used car purchase in ten years or so.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 01, 2023, 12:19:31 pm »
Seems to me the 400Z might make for a heck of a used car purchase in ten years or so.
10 years from now when there is no RWD ICE sports cars, I'd expect anything that fits that description will have held it's value pretty decently.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 25, 2023, 12:15:32 pm »
https://driving.ca/reviews/first-drive/2024-nissan-z-nismo-track-day

$76K MSRP for the Nissan Z Nismo makes me think you have to be a HUGE Nissan fanboy to pay that for such a lackluster automatic car. 

The guys over at Savagegeese reviewed it, high praise for the car...but I get the impression the praise is in how much better it is compared to the regular one and not compared to the competition.  Both reviewers preferred the powertrain in the Supra, and that's not even factoring in the price.  This is just shy of $6,500 more than the Supra, for that amount of money you could make the Supra nearly supercar fast, where as the Z Nismo is merely Mustang GT capable at best.

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 25, 2023, 03:02:07 pm »

$76K MSRP for the Nissan Z Nismo makes me think you have to be a HUGE Nissan fanboy to pay that for such a lackluster automatic car. 

The guys over at Savagegeese reviewed it, high praise for the car...but I get the impression the praise is in how much better it is compared to the regular one and not compared to the competition.  Both reviewers preferred the powertrain in the Supra, and that's not even factoring in the price.  This is just shy of $6,500 more than the Supra, for that amount of money you could make the Supra nearly supercar fast, where as the Z Nismo is merely Mustang GT capable at best.

Ouch.  It should be $65K at most.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 25, 2023, 04:32:47 pm »

It should be 300 pounds lighter, manual, and 450+up, and under $70k.  It’s none of those things.

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 25, 2023, 04:53:13 pm »

It should be 300 pounds lighter, manual, and 450+up, and under $70k.  It’s none of those things.

I bet you could buy the Sport and add the same tires and it would transform the car sufficiently for fun street use.