Author Topic: Tire Review: Sailun Z4+AS  (Read 14254 times)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: Tire Review: Sailun Z4+AS
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 06:16:46 pm »
Kev_hin   if you can't remember wot ya BOUGHT why the fack are ya posting....!!!>>>> FFSK....maybe they were Canadian Tyre ...but as has been said Most Tyres are made in China......have a lil cup of tea.....Oooh chinese possibly..... fer facks sake get a GRIP...thats wot they will DO..... ::) :P   useless POST from U...........
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 09:55:44 pm »
...but as has been said Most Tyres are made in China.......

Most tires we buy in NA are not from China, especially with the big brand names.  So far it's mostly been house-brands and low-volume sellers, that is changing   though.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Mr Pickypants

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 10:15:22 pm »
just the rubber ....  :run:

Offline roundupready

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +6/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 03:33:49 pm »
i would be willing to keep an open eye...while there is a lot of "crap" coming from China, that isn't because they are incapable of making good stuff...it's because the companies we purchase our stuff from, have spec'd product accordingly (likely, the cheapest they can get, so they can maximize profits)...you can get high quality items from China, but no one would like buy them (as shown in here), because everyone associates "Made in China" with junk...China doesn't make junk, China has been told to make junk...there's a difference.

case in point, a Husky injection moulding machine, ABB robot or Schuler press all work the same, whether it is located in Canada, USA, Germany or China.

I understand and agree with a lot of the skeptical sentiments here.  But I also agree there is some truth to this statement.

I once talked to a Hong Kong based business man that has factories in China.  He told me at the time with the lead paint scandal that some of the negative perception is unfair.  The Chinese factories will build to your spec.  If you want cheap, they will cut corners to give you cheap.  But it doesn't mean everything out of China is automatically bad.

I agree that it'll take some time before we are convinced that these tires are on our shopping list.

---------------------------
2013 328 xDrive
2010 Legacy 3.6R LTD
2005 Legacy GT 5EAT Stage 2