Author Topic: Senna, Documentary  (Read 8770 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
Re: Senna, Documentary
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 11:17:46 pm »
I know you like adventure racing and such....then I urge you to check out one of Red Bull's Erzberg Rodeo races...know as the most difficult 2 wheeled off road race in the world.

Only available on iTunes right now :thumbdown: but I'll keep an eye open for it.

Oh bummer....

Here's a pretty good cut of one..  http://www.veoh.com/watch/v6820425N7bZ6JGz
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 11:22:16 pm »
Speaking of Ewen McGregor have you seen either Long Way Down or Long Way Round?  Been wondering if they are any good.

Yea..there's a few different ones and I think there was a TV series.  I saw one of them.

Reminded more of reality TV/adventure TV type of thing.  At least the one I saw.

I know you like adventure racing and such....then I urge you to check out one of Red Bull's Erzberg Rodeo races...know as the most difficult 2 wheeled off road race in the world. 

Patrana has entered it a few times and it pushed him to his limit just to finish.

Check out this brief video to give you an idea of the brutality  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSflvyroJ1k

From GoPro perspective  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OJeV-jhBiU  (watch what happens around 1:10 mark!!)

Hory shet!!! Thats awesome, them mofos is crazy....its not Isle of Man, but wow, you really have to be ready for everything.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 07:28:45 pm »
Speaking of Ewen McGregor have you seen either Long Way Down or Long Way Round?  Been wondering if they are any good.
I've seen both, they're both very good.  I think I preferred Long Way Down.  The European leg of the journey was not shown as much, so it mostly concentrated on the African part.  Some of the scenery astounded me.  I never thought there would be lush rolling green hills in Ethiopia, I thought it was mostly desert. 

Well worth checking out! :thumbup:
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2015, 12:38:23 pm »