Author Topic: Mach-E GT Performance!  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Hammy

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +52/-182
    • View Profile
    • NL Car Buying 101
  • Cars: 2019 Audi RS3, 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2014 Mazda 3 GX
Re: Mach-E GT Performance!
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2024, 08:36:19 pm »
BTW Hammy, Ford is now providing Tesla adapters for free to all Mach-E and Lightning owners. We can use them to recharge on the Tesla fast charger network. Ford opened the free ordering today. The Superchargers already work with the Ford's. One guy I know recharged his Lightning on a Supercharger today.

While all OEM's are switching to the Tesla standard, Ford is the only one I know which supplies adapters for free, a $300 value.

Yes I saw that today, it’s adapt or die and they are adapting which is positive.

Offline Hammy

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
    • NL Car Buying 101
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2024, 08:40:20 pm »
There is no end to it, I'm now strongly considering a Mustang Mach-E GT Performance. Not sure if anyone has been looking recently but last week Ford dropped the price of the Mach-E GT Performance by $13,000 and with that it now qualifies for the $5,000 federal rebate plus our $2,500 provincial rebate and reduced rates. There is one unit available here in NL in grabber blue and it sure is a nice looking machine. Anyway we'll see where it ends up but I'm full on haggle mode now.

Hmm...did they drop the price on the reg Mach E too?  I was wondering, do they sell that well?  Ford dealer in Wpg has a shitload of Mach-E and Lightning's.  Who the hell is buying these?  Can't even afford a 2wd short bed XL they're so damn much money.  And then adding charging stations to your house/garage...and I can imagine finance rates upwards of 7+%... :P :fall:

No they don't sell well.  Both units are a disaster for Ford.  The F150 speaks for itself and the MACH E is facing a crippling battery issue that is going to cost Ford a bundle.

They sell only when government steps in with cash, Quebec paying by far the most.  Their electric rates are also cheap.  EVs are not driven by market forces.  It's ideology driven.

Call it what you will but I drove the GT today and if you love fast fun cars for $70K less $7,500 in government rebates there is nothing faster and more fun in my opinion.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2024, 08:42:38 pm »
Have you made a deal yet?  Still d*cking around?  :rofl2:

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +478/-1159
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2024, 08:45:11 pm »
There is nothing wrong with the Mach-E battery. Ford had an issue with the high voltage junction box which connect the battery to the car. They have since released an improved version and are in the process of recalling all cars built with the original design. Mine has been done last month at the local dealer.

Offline Hammy

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
    • NL Car Buying 101
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2024, 08:47:36 pm »
Have you made a deal yet?  Still d*cking around?  :rofl2:

Honestly, I think this is over the line bullying for a friendly car forum.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2024, 08:47:42 pm »
There is no end to it, I'm now strongly considering a Mustang Mach-E GT Performance. Not sure if anyone has been looking recently but last week Ford dropped the price of the Mach-E GT Performance by $13,000 and with that it now qualifies for the $5,000 federal rebate plus our $2,500 provincial rebate and reduced rates. There is one unit available here in NL in grabber blue and it sure is a nice looking machine. Anyway we'll see where it ends up but I'm full on haggle mode now.

Hmm...did they drop the price on the reg Mach E too?  I was wondering, do they sell that well?  Ford dealer in Wpg has a shitload of Mach-E and Lightning's.  Who the hell is buying these?  Can't even afford a 2wd short bed XL they're so damn much money.  And then adding charging stations to your house/garage...and I can imagine finance rates upwards of 7+%... :P :fall:

No they don't sell well.  Both units are a disaster for Ford.  The F150 speaks for itself and the MACH E is facing a crippling battery issue that is going to cost Ford a bundle.

They sell only when government steps in with cash, Quebec paying by far the most.  Their electric rates are also cheap.  EVs are not driven by market forces.  It's ideology driven.

Call it what you will but I drove the GT today and if you love fast fun cars for $70K less $7,500 in government rebates there is nothing faster and more fun in my opinion.

Then go for it!

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2024, 08:51:59 pm »
Well aware of the actual switch issue.  But it's a huge expense for Ford and it remains to be seen if the new hardware holds.  This is a Ford where it takes a good 6 years to fuss out problems on any model.  I own one and lease another.  Not a Ford hater.  Had many. 

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2024, 08:53:45 pm »

Well then submit your complaint.  Honestly.

Offline Hammy

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
    • NL Car Buying 101
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2024, 08:56:46 pm »

Well then submit your complaint.  Honestly.

I have, it's ridiculous.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2024, 08:57:09 pm »
Well aware of the actual switch issue.  But it's a huge expense for Ford and it remains to be seen if the new hardware holds.  This is a Ford where it takes a good 6 years to fuss out problems on any model.  I own one and lease another.  Not a Ford hater.  Had many. 

OK so why did you wrote « the MACH E is facing a crippling battery issue » when you know full well this is not factual. Just wrote that cause it sounds more « dramatic »?  :P

Online revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-327
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2024, 09:05:51 pm »
Consider used? Poor resale value and plenty in inventory equate to some great deals on lightly used examples.

I will agree they are quite the ride! And I actually think they look ok too.

Offline Hammy

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
    • NL Car Buying 101
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2024, 09:08:00 pm »

OK so why did you wrote « the MACH E is facing a crippling battery issue » when you know full well this is not factual. Just wrote that cause it sounds more « dramatic »?  :P

It’s the same as this “After a decade of literally giving EVs a free pass the government is now charging a mileage tax on EVs that make the operation of EVs more per mile than the remaining ICE vehicles.  :rofl2:

If you look at the facts it’s not factually accurate.

Offline Hammy

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
    • NL Car Buying 101
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2024, 09:09:37 pm »
Consider used? Poor resale value and plenty in inventory equate to some great deals on lightly used examples.

I will agree they are quite the ride! And I actually think they look ok too.

I did but there’s not a single used one around, they did not sell well at all here in Newfoundland.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2024, 09:17:06 pm »

It’s the same as this “After a decade of literally giving EVs a free pass the government is now charging a mileage tax on EVs that make the operation of EVs more per mile than the remaining ICE vehicles.  :rofl2:

Yes, you’re right! I should not give him attention he does not deserve.  :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2024, 06:06:44 am »

Hmm...did they drop the price on the reg Mach E too?  I was wondering, do they sell that well?  Ford dealer in Wpg has a shitload of Mach-E and Lightning's.  Who the hell is buying these?  Can't even afford a 2wd short bed XL they're so damn much money.  And then adding charging stations to your house/garage...and I can imagine finance rates upwards of 7+%... [emoji14] :fall:

Going from one of the best sounding cars on the market (RS3) to the lifeless appliance would be a deal breaker for me. The RS3 is fast, handles, sounds great and has personality.

The Mach E is just fast IMO.

As with all things, YMMV, though I'm sure you'll miss the RS3. Such a great car!!

Have you decided on color/options? Or are you limited to stock on hand being in NL?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 06:13:07 am by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2024, 07:02:03 am »

Really?

I've read when purchase price is factored in, EVs can cost more per KM to run than some ICE equivalents in certain jurisdictions.

And when you factor in depreciation, EVs would fare even worse.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2024, 07:32:04 am »

Really?

I've read when purchase price is factored in, EVs can cost more per KM to run than some ICE equivalents in certain jurisdictions.

Ehn,  I'm sure Hammy can afford it, so price per km isn't necessarily the biggest issue.  If he wants to experiment for a couple of years with an EV to test the waters, why the hell not?  The Mach E is probably as good as any other EV.  Perhaps the RS3 is a little too raucous for daily use and he wants a change?

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2024, 07:55:36 am »

Really?

Ehn,  I'm sure Hammy can afford it, so price per km isn't necessarily the biggest issue.  If he wants to experiment for a couple of years with an EV to test the waters, why the hell not?  The Mach E is probably as good as any other EV.  Perhaps the RS3 is a little too raucous for daily use and he wants a change?

And he's leasing it, which is the way to go with a full EV until a proper battery ecosystem is out there.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2024, 07:57:19 am »

Really?

Oh definitely he should try if curious about EV life.

And there's only one way to find out if its for him!!

And with a lease, he doesn't have much to lose.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2024, 11:46:07 am »

Hmm...did they drop the price on the reg Mach E too?  I was wondering, do they sell that well?  Ford dealer in Wpg has a shitload of Mach-E and Lightning's.  Who the hell is buying these?  Can't even afford a 2wd short bed XL they're so damn much money.  And then adding charging stations to your house/garage...and I can imagine finance rates upwards of 7+%... [emoji14] :fall:

Going from one of the best sounding cars on the market (RS3) to the lifeless appliance would be a deal breaker for me. The RS3 is fast, handles, sounds great and has personality.

The Mach E is just fast IMO.

As with all things, YMMV, though I'm sure you'll miss the RS3. Such a great car!!

Have you decided on color/options? Or are you limited to stock on hand being in NL?

this is my issue with all EVs, sure they are fast in a straight line, but thats where their party piece stops, they have nothing else going for them. No noise, no handling, no anything, just a soulless piece of kitchen transportation appliance.
Lighten up Francis.....