Author Topic: New Car fo March  (Read 1493 times)

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
Re: New Car fo March
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2024, 01:36:35 pm »
My vote would be CX-50 but not without driving a CX-5 first. I test drove both and was shocked to find out I preferred the CX-5. You may also find CX-5 delivery dates much better if wait time is a concern.

And price wise the CX-5 can be considerably cheaper

Offline z973

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +10/-35
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-50 GSL
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2024, 03:09:29 pm »
went yesterday to a Subaru close to me,he had a dozen Crosstreks in the parking lot

What area are you in?

Laval Quebec

just outside the island  of Montreal on the north shore

Bought my CX-90 at Mazda de Boucherville, my sales guy is a no-BS grandpa, should you go Mazda. We went through hom again for my daughter's CX-30. My Crosstrek came from Subaru Sainte-Julie, but through a pre-arranged deal. Sales staff there look like they were pulled from a high school.

Dont worry if i decide on the Mazda i already bought 5 from them in the past the DG nows me by my first name
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 03:31:24 pm by z973 »

Offline z973

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2024, 03:12:01 pm »
My vote would be CX-50 but not without driving a CX-5 first. I test drove both and was shocked to find out I preferred the CX-5. You may also find CX-5 delivery dates much better if wait time is a concern.

After some very recent comments from an owner's experience of a Caddy SUV I would stay away from them. The XT4 got some pretty good reviews at launch but then negative comments started coming out.

Quote Salior 723
Yep, the 2007 SRX. OEM brakes that needed to be done every 20-25K, every suspension part known to man, wiring harness issues and wheel speed sensors that failed regularly.  The speed sensors were not replaceable themselves but rather required a whole wheel hub assembly (made from paper mache  ::) ) for something like $500 a pop.  Think it needed all 4 within about 15 months and then shortly after that the 1st one replaced failed again.

I am not a Subie fan. Not in love with their interior design. I briefly checked out Imprezza before buying the CX-5. I notable feature missing was rain sensing wipers. I was shocked. Also the reliability experience multiple people I know have had with them is not good. I know that goes against what you read online. But I rely more on experiences of people I know more than internet talk.

me personally i prefer the look of the CX-50 and ecpecially the int is more modern and you get the Pano roof

Offline z973

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2024, 03:13:23 pm »

no they are the same the CX-50 GSL compares to the CX-5 Kuro and at the same prize

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2024, 03:17:47 pm »

no they are the same the CX-50 GSL compares to the CX-5 Kuro and at the same prize

Sure but the cheapest CX-5 is $7k less than the cheapest CX-50.

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2024, 11:00:29 pm »

After some very recent comments from an owner's experience of a Caddy SUV I would stay away from them. The XT4 got some pretty good reviews at launch but then negative comments started coming out.

Quote Salior 723
Yep, the 2007 SRX. OEM brakes that needed to be done every 20-25K, every suspension part known to man, wiring harness issues and wheel speed sensors that failed regularly.  The speed sensors were not replaceable themselves but rather required a whole wheel hub assembly (made from paper mache  ::) ) for something like $500 a pop.  Think it needed all 4 within about 15 months and then shortly after that the 1st one replaced failed again.

I am not a Subie fan. Not in love with their interior design. I briefly checked out Imprezza before buying the CX-5. I notable feature missing was rain sensing wipers. I was shocked. Also the reliability experience multiple people I know have had with them is not good. I know that goes against what you read online. But I rely more on experiences of people I know more than internet talk.

me personally i prefer the look of the CX-50 and ecpecially the int is more modern and you get the Pano roof

I felt the same about appearance and roof as you. But I like the interior design of CX-5 better. The drive of CX-50 was a tad firmer and a tad noisier. Came away wanting CX-5 more. It felt more refined to me. It happened to be a good thing because my wife already thought the CX-5 was way too big. So an extra 5 inches in length and almost that in width was not going to over to well with her.

I know I wanted the CX-50 in sand color. I forget what trim I was looking at when comparing to CX-5 GT but it was going to be almost $5k more expensive and had a much longer wait time than the CX-5.
If you want more in life you have to make an effort.

Offline marcus_go

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +10/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2024, 11:06:29 pm »

Quote Salior 723

I felt the same about appearance and roof as you. But I like the interior design of CX-5 better. The drive of CX-50 was a tad firmer and a tad noisier. Came away wanting CX-5 more. It felt more refined to me. It happened to be a good thing because my wife already thought the CX-5 was way too big. So an extra 5 inches in length and almost that in width was not going to over to well with her.

I know I wanted the CX-50 in sand color. I forget what trim I was looking at when comparing to CX-5 GT but it was going to be almost $5k more expensive and had a much longer wait time than the CX-5.

I think the interior of the CX-5 is a bit nicer as well in terms of trim and fit/finish, no? CX-5 is also still built in Japan while CX-50 is built in the new Alabama plant shared with Toyota.

Offline z973

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2024, 06:38:53 am »

Quote Salior 723

they did some mods to the suspension and steering for 2024 and dont forget the GSL rides on 17 comp to 20 for the GT and i want the Ash and black int no way i am buying another black int
as for availability my local dealer has 3 GSL for imediate delevery

Offline z973

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2024, 06:40:59 am »

Quote Salior 723

I think the interior of the CX-5 is a bit nicer as well in terms of trim and fit/finish, no? CX-5 is also still built in Japan while CX-50 is built in the new Alabama plant shared with Toyota.
the CX5 looks exactly as my old 2015 Mazda 3 int as the CX-50 looks more like my 2019

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2024, 10:48:16 am »
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a46630606/2024-cadillac-xt4-350t-test/

Latest review for a vehicle you are interested in.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2024, 11:11:02 am »
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a46630606/2024-cadillac-xt4-350t-test/

Latest review for a vehicle you are interested in.

I will be getting it the week of May 6th and I picked the base model over the Sport as tested here.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2024, 01:00:27 pm »
Yay. Blender engine but it does have wall to wall curved screen.  ::)

Offline Hammy

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +52/-182
    • View Profile
    • NL Car Buying 101
  • Cars: 2019 Audi RS3, 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2014 Mazda 3 GX
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2024, 08:00:46 pm »
We went looking for a new vehicle and put the CX-50 up against the Outback, ultimately we chose the CX-50, it more fun to drive and had better rates.

Offline z973

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2024, 02:55:59 pm »
Its done
Chose a Cx-50 GSL in Ingot blue with Ash Ochre int an only option i took is 3 M for the front
they gave me the full  winter mats and tray and back seat protection
yes the used car market is down from last sept to now i lost 2000 $ on the exchange :o
now they have to find one i am not in a hurry the winter tires here in QC its till the 15 of March

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2024, 03:02:16 pm »
buy what you like