Author Topic: Best Tire Dressing Tool!  (Read 1564 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
Best Tire Dressing Tool!
« on: June 18, 2023, 12:57:33 am »
Every year, I buy a myriad of detailing products to see if they can replace any of my "Go-To Detailing Product All Stars". Most of the time they don't measure up and I end up giving them away. That's not to say they aren't good, or sometimes even great...but they aren't All Stars.

Well, I found another All Star. For putting on tire dressing, this new tool is now part of my Go-To group.

The brush is dense (but still soft-ish) and there are multiple thousand bristles. It reminds me of a Korean face cleanser brush...which is similar but supremely soft.

The dressing goes on easily and uniformly and definitely uses less product than tire dressing sponges. It's easy to hold and comes with a storage sleeve when not in use.

Highly recommend!

https://carzilla.ca/products/popo-tire-applicator-brush
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
Re: Best Tire Dressing Tool!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 04:29:22 pm »
I guess you have to clean the brush each time before storing it?

I use a sponge now and I find cleaning it after use a real pain. Really hard to remove the product. I kind of rinse it it out as best I can in the left over soapy water from washing car. Then store it in a plastic bag for next use. It is still pretty sticky.

Current using Armorall Extreme tire shine gel.

https://www.armorall.com/ca/product/extreme-tire-shine-gel/

Another problem I have when applying it is getting the bottom edge of tire touching the ground. I always apply get in the car move it a couple feet to rotate the tires and apply again. I do this just to get the outer edge of tire completely.
If you want more in life you have to make an effort.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 09:36:50 pm »
I guess you have to clean the brush each time before storing it?

I use a sponge now and I find cleaning it after use a real pain. Really hard to remove the product. I kind of rinse it it out as best I can in the left over soapy water from washing car. Then store it in a plastic bag for next use. It is still pretty sticky.

Current using Armorall Extreme tire shine gel.

https://www.armorall.com/ca/product/extreme-tire-shine-gel/

Another problem I have when applying it is getting the bottom edge of tire touching the ground. I always apply get in the car move it a couple feet to rotate the tires and apply again. I do this just to get the outer edge of tire completely.
I didn't really "clean" it.

Gently wiped a microfiber across it before storing it in the holder. About 1 second worth.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 10:12:46 am »
I just use whatever tire foam Costco has, but I always have to move the cars to the street prior as the spray / drips always leave marks on the ground. Sometimes I use it on press cars as they hand me clean cars with brown tires. Ugh.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 10:22:35 am »
Seems like a lot of hassle. I don't think I have ever applied anything to a tire.  ;D

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 10:23:40 am »
Seems like a lot of hassle. I don't think I have ever applied anything to a tire.  ;D

Air, hopefully.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2023, 10:30:11 am »

Air, hopefully.

LOL. I have also never had a tire go brown. Related to the goo that people slather on? Why would I want rubber to look like shiny piano black plastic? I thought there was a hate on for that?  ;)

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2023, 10:37:32 am »

Air, hopefully.

LOL. I have also never had a tire go brown. Related to the goo that people slather on? Why would I want rubber to look like shiny piano black plastic? I thought there was a hate on for that?  ;)

The spray foam just makes the tires look new - and dry.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2023, 12:02:31 pm »

Air, hopefully.

No shiny for me.

I prefer matte.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2023, 10:53:31 am »

Air, hopefully.

No shiny for me.

I prefer matte.

I prefer au natural. Costs nothing and no time.  ;D

Offline valuator

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Pilot TrailSport, 2015 Outback 3.6R, 2012 BMW 128i
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2023, 12:28:46 pm »
I prefer the matte look, but I really don't bother with tire dressings.  My car washing habits are more about preservation than appearance.