Author Topic: Looking for trusted PPF (Paint Protection Film) Shop in Alberta  (Read 1057 times)

Offline slowokan

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
  • Motorhead
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Ford F150 CrewCab 5.0L V8
Looking for trusted PPF (Paint Protection Film) Shop in Alberta
« on: November 26, 2020, 04:55:07 pm »
Hi everyone.

New Escalade has already hit the dealers. Now is the time to find good deals on previous generation. If I find a good one, I might be buying one soon. Or it will happen 5 years later, when this new one gets its last face lift and the latest upgrades. I never buy a vehicle which has just come out. Prefer to own the most trouble free rather than the recently released version.

What I'm looking for is a professional shop who applies PPF (Paint Protection Film) in Alberta. Many shops do this application nowadays, but not all of them know what they're doing. These PPFs might peel the paint off when you want it to be removed a few years later. Yes, I might want to get it removed, because I might be going vinyl wrap, if I don't find the color I want in dealer's stock. And if I get bored with the color or the buyer getting my vehicle in the future wants to remove it, I don't wanna see the paint on my vehicle peels off with the wrap. There are examples to this kind of trouble. There are certain steps before applying these wraps, which I don't know in detail though.

I am from Turkey. There is a shop called GMG Garage in Ankara, Turkey. These guys are the best in Turkey as far as I know. If I lived in Europe, I would for sure drive my vehicle to Turkey to get it wrapped. Since I live in this continent, there is no way of doing that. You can search them on YouTube and watch their YouTube Channel. These guys know what they're doing.

There is Auto Obsessed in Edmonton. They look quite professional. I always buy my detailing products from them, but I don't know their reputation on wrapping vehicles. I'm not expecting a lifetime warranty from the shops, but at least they should cover it, if the paint peels off after removal of the film/wrap. I'm gonna be contacting Auto Obsessed when the time comes, but I'd like to hear other people's comments on them or other shops that they know.

Thank you for your help.

Offline slowokan

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
  • Motorhead
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Ford F150 CrewCab 5.0L V8
Re: Looking for trusted PPF (Paint Protection Film) Shop in Alberta
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 10:12:25 pm »
Thank you very much for this valuable info, Cadure. Appreciated.  ;)

I'll take a note of Car Pretty. Good to know. Even if I might not need them soon (if I don't buy an Escalade these days), I will definitely need them a few years later when I get a new vehicle.