Author Topic: One From the Vault: Made In Canada - Camaro vs Challenger  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
One From the Vault: Made In Canada - Camaro vs Challenger
« on: June 29, 2012, 04:06:43 am »

Just in time for our nation's birthday, we revisit a classic all-Canadian performance comparo.

Read More...

Offline dougjp

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +165/-170
  • Cars: 2019 VW Jetta GLI, 2014 Elantra GT
    • View Profile
Re: One From the Vault: Made In Canada - Camaro vs Challenger
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 07:35:57 am »
I remember this excellent comparison article.

With the Camaro 3 years old and the Challenger 4 years old, is there any word about what changes might be coming in the future, and about when? I doubt both these Companies will sit idly by and let the 'new' Mustang come out unchallenged as it were, in 1 1/2 - 2 years from now.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 08:11:19 am »
Even Consumer Reports likes the Challenger now.
http://youtu.be/0BWOdhmOURI
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 08:36:33 am »
What I like about the Challenger, Camaro and Mustang is that each have distinctive styling.

Offline Soram6275

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +11/-31
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 VW CC
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 11:38:24 am »
What I like about the Challenger, Camaro and Mustang is that each have distinctive styling.

Me too.  I would say that personally, I would pick the Mustang, but between these two - definitely the Challenger.  It just seems more use-able.  I don't like the Camaro's toy car looks nor it's tiny trunk opening nor it's visibility or lack thereof.  The Challenger may not be as great around the track, but for everyday liveability, it's the winner here.  7.9L/100km on a highway - are you kidding me?  That's amazing for a 5.7L 8-cyl car!  Some midsize V6 cars don't get that fuel economy.

Offline dougjp

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +165/-170
  • Cars: 2019 VW Jetta GLI, 2014 Elantra GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 12:00:18 pm »

Me too.  I would say that personally, I would pick the Mustang, but between these two - definitely the Challenger.  It just seems more use-able.  I don't like the Camaro's toy car looks nor it's tiny trunk opening nor it's visibility or lack thereof.  The Challenger may not be as great around the track, but for everyday liveability, it's the winner here.  7.9L/100km on a highway - are you kidding me?  That's amazing for a 5.7L 8-cyl car!  Some midsize V6 cars don't get that fuel economy.

That's exactly what I did. I always thought the Challenger was the best looking of the 3, however it had to be 3/4 +/- the size and weight. Then it would have been perfect. I don't even think the Challenger would fit inside my garage!