Author Topic: need recommendations for control arm brands  (Read 125 times)

Offline 55inthe54

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Infiniti
need recommendations for control arm brands
« on: April 17, 2024, 11:11:26 am »
Hey all,

I need to change my control arm because of a bad ball joint that's integrated into the arm - the front right lower.

Based on my research, it seems I'm limited to the following brands based on my car: TOR/Transit Warehouse, Moog, Mevotech Supreme, Dorman, and AC Delco.

TOR/Transit Warehouse has very limited reviews online but I'm intrigued by it as it is reasonably priced and has a "lifetime warranty."

Reviews on Moog and Mevotech Supreme seemed to be mixed in that they used to be a good brand but people have been having quality issues with them more recently.

I haven't looked too much into Dorman or AC Delco yet.

Please provide your thoughts on those brands as I don't believe any others make control arms for my 2012 Infiniti FX35.

Thank you!

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
Re: need recommendations for control arm brands
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 11:42:42 am »
I have had bad bad ball joints out of the box with Moog and Mevotech recently. Until you can physically inspect it you have to assume it's junk. Sad I know. What is an OE from the dealer? Also most ball joints can be pressed from the arm if the arm is in decent shape. It's just a PITA and its faster for a shop to just replace the entire arm.