Author Topic: Dog Pics  (Read 450260 times)

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
Re: Dog Pics
« Reply #940 on: August 17, 2017, 06:23:19 pm »
Nikita loves kale from the garden

As in "La Femme," or as in Khrushchev?   ;D

What a sweet little face!

Thanks, we love her despite the fact that she is a troubled angel.

She is named after La Femme. I named her that because when we rescued her from the gas chamber, she had a background in a dog fighting ring in QC. Bad red-zone case. She is very athletic and strong. She would not bark, not growl...nothing before she lunged at a dog. Silent assassin. A very efficient bodyguard for Mrs. Chaos. Also, she is camouflaged with her brindle. So I thought La Femme Nikita was fitting...

With her getting old now, she is finally calming down a bit. Actually accepting people other than my wife, not minding dogs walking on the same street as her, etc. Years of hard work paying off.

Sorry for the long explanation, but her name has a history fitting for her.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #941 on: August 17, 2017, 07:05:28 pm »

She is named after La Femme. I named her that because when we rescued her from the gas chamber, she had a background in a dog fighting ring in QC. Bad red-zone case. She is very athletic and strong. She would not bark, not growl...nothing before she lunged at a dog. Silent assassin. A very efficient bodyguard for Mrs. Chaos. Also, she is camouflaged with her brindle. So I thought La Femme Nikita was fitting...

With her getting old now, she is finally calming down a bit. Actually accepting people other than my wife, not minding dogs walking on the same street as her, etc. Years of hard work paying off.

Bless your heart for putting in the time and effort with her.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #942 on: August 17, 2017, 08:01:50 pm »

Bless your heart for putting in the time and effort with her.

^This.....well done!
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 17, 2017, 08:05:41 pm »
She is worth it, she keeps my wife safe while I am a half a world away. As my wife sleeps, Nikki watches the door all night. She also has taught us a lot about dog training and how to handle aggressive dogs. We now feel confident going forward with other red zone cases for future fosters.

Ironically, she was only supposed to be with us [we already had our adopted pittie Georgie and were rehabbing a 3 legged German Shepherd named Apollo, so full house] for a weekend while another home was found for her, but since our organization rescued over 20 dogs that day from the gas chamber, there was no room...so here she is a temporary foster years later. We could not give up on her, as nobody else wanted her and she was such a handful. To give up would be to condemn her to death. At lest we get a tax break on her upkeep as she is still technically a foster!  :P

Will share a photo of the wonderful success story that is Apollo [Codename: Hoppy] as soon as I find a photo. He is so handsome.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 17, 2017, 08:28:53 pm »
Sorry for the big post...

Apollo aka Hoppy aka The Nam Vet Dog.

We fostered him with one leg atrophied and needing amputation. Apparently got it stuck in a fence and the owners who moved away just left him there to die. Luckily, we found a vet who donated her time [but not the drugs! expensive!] to do the surgery. It was a hard road of recovery, but Apollo was tough and courageous.

The fact that he has 3 legs has not slowed him down one bit. We wanted to keep him, as Apollo was the ONE dog that Nikita loved, her boy crush. Also, he was the only dog that our pittie Georgie would play with, otherwise she was indifferent. He was the peacemaker between our two stubborn pitbulls ladies who at best of times had an uneasy peace in the household. But we had to let him go, as the perfect parents came along looking to give him a forever home.

Bless his dad, who adopted him knowing he was a disabled dog, he was looking for a dog in need. There are still good people in this life. He takes him everywhere, he bought a SUV to accommodate for him, and they are best friends.

Love the success stories, they help lessen the sting of the numerous times we fail to save them in time...

ADOPT DONT SHOP

Offline jamie1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Acura TSX, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited ADI,2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT GT
« Reply #945 on: August 27, 2017, 07:50:44 pm »
Sorry for the big post...

Apollo aka Hoppy aka The Nam Vet Dog.

We fostered him with one leg atrophied and needing amputation. Apparently got it stuck in a fence and the owners who moved away just left him there to die. Luckily, we found a vet who donated her time [but not the drugs! expensive!] to do the surgery. It was a hard road of recovery, but Apollo was tough and courageous.

The fact that he has 3 legs has not slowed him down one bit. We wanted to keep him, as Apollo was the ONE dog that Nikita loved, her boy crush. Also, he was the only dog that our pittie Georgie would play with, otherwise she was indifferent. He was the peacemaker between our two stubborn pitbulls ladies who at best of times had an uneasy peace in the household. But we had to let him go, as the perfect parents came along looking to give him a forever home.

Bless his dad, who adopted him knowing he was a disabled dog, he was looking for a dog in need. There are still good people in this life. He takes him everywhere, he bought a SUV to accommodate for him, and they are best friends.

Love the success stories, they help lessen the sting of the numerous times we fail to save them in time...

ADOPT DONT SHOP
Beautiful dogs.
Enjoying the Alberta advantage

Online Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #946 on: August 28, 2017, 01:39:25 am »
Our friends labradoodle Jimmy

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #947 on: August 28, 2017, 10:16:04 am »
I won't lie, the photo is a little freaky just because of the angle of the photo with your hand under his head.

Cool dog though.

Offline 84im

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-81
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 BMW X1, 2003 Chevy Tracker, 1974 VW Dune Buggy, and 1974 VW Thing
« Reply #948 on: August 28, 2017, 11:16:24 am »
I won't lie, the photo is a little freaky just because of the angle of the photo with your hand under his head.

Cool dog though.

I thought the same thing.  ;D
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #949 on: September 02, 2017, 09:27:31 pm »
Abbey listening to some Dave Matthews and chillin'

Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline jamie1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Acura TSX, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited ADI,2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT GT
« Reply #950 on: September 02, 2017, 09:40:39 pm »
New member of the fur family. Her name is Laska, 4 months old and is a HuskyX

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #951 on: September 02, 2017, 10:52:39 pm »
Abbey listening to some Dave Matthews and chillin'

:rofl2:  Awesome.

New member of the fur family. Her name is Laska, 4 months old and is a HuskyX

She's beautiful.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 02, 2017, 10:58:57 pm »
Abbey looks very content  O0

Laska is beautiful.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 05, 2017, 12:11:14 am »
We got ours groomed a couple weeks ago...this was him after that hard 4 hrs at the groomer.  Never mind the hour long drive to the city and then back again... :P

Apparently, rather than let him be stuck in a kennel after he was done, because he's just so damn friendly, they let him walk around while they were grooming other dogs and he was making all kinds of new friends.  He sure cleans up nice.  And his breath went from "did you eat shi#? Where did you find shi#? Fack you stink, get the fack away from me!" to "gimme a kiss big boy!!"

He's doing the same thing now (passed out) - after a weekend of camping and running a bunch of km to go take a poop in the long grass away from the campground...and barking and crying all the way home, mostly...he's beat.  ;D

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #954 on: September 05, 2017, 09:51:02 pm »
We got ours groomed a couple weeks ago...this was him after that hard 4 hrs at the groomer.  Never mind the hour long drive to the city and then back again... :P

Apparently, rather than let him be stuck in a kennel after he was done, because he's just so damn friendly, they let him walk around while they were grooming other dogs and he was making all kinds of new friends.  He sure cleans up nice.  And his breath went from "did you eat shi#? Where did you find shi#? Fack you stink, get the fack away from me!" to "gimme a kiss big boy!!"

He's doing the same thing now (passed out) - after a weekend of camping and running a bunch of km to go take a poop in the long grass away from the campground...and barking and crying all the way home, mostly...he's beat.  ;D

Love the dog and the wood in your place!

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 06, 2017, 09:22:28 am »
Love the dog and the wood in your place!

1903 - most of it...some has probably been replaced at some point.  In the 1979 flood they took all the flooring and a lot of the wood work out of the main floor not sure how high they would've gone...I was 12) and then back in after the water went down.  We've been there 25ish years and nothing's changed since then...so quite possible a larger percentage is older than most of us here.  ;D 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:35:15 am by BWII »

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #956 on: September 06, 2017, 09:59:19 am »
1903 - most of it...some has probably been replaced at some point.  In the 1979 flood they took all the flooring and a lot of the wood work out of the main floor not sure how high they would've gone...I was 12) and then back in after the water went down.  We've been there 25ish years and nothing's changed since then...so quite possible a larger percentage is older than most of us here.  ;D
What the fack are you writing about  ???
have you been driving a Blue Oval to long and it is effecting your mind now  :stick:  :rofl2: :rofl:

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 06, 2017, 10:36:10 am »
Fixed it - so even you old people can follow along now too.   :stick:  ;D

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #958 on: September 06, 2017, 10:50:00 am »
Fixed it - so even you old people can follow along now too.   :stick:  ;D
:thumbup: :rofl2:

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #959 on: September 06, 2017, 07:44:30 pm »

Beautiful dog.  Looks a lot like Abbey, just more typical orange in colour.   This is Abbey after a quick brushing in the back yard with the furminator.   ;D