Author Topic: Found On The Internet - II  (Read 1385624 times)

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
Re: Found On The Internet - II
« Reply #2600 on: November 22, 2017, 09:24:09 pm »
I’m all for someone grabbing that blue 1LE. It came down to blue or black for me!

I love that blue.  It's not far from the insanely gorgeous blue that Lexus has been using.  I'm not a big blue fan, but there are some REALLY sweet blues lately.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-327
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #2601 on: November 22, 2017, 10:05:00 pm »
Can someone figure out what the hell is on the hood?

And that car is a nuclear bomb about to go off.  Those cars are among the worst ever made by Audi, period.  $5000?  $5.
I know that the 2.7 turbo was a timebomb, but the V8 as well?? How the hell can the Germans screw up something as solid as a V8??

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Oh boy...and I just picked up a BMW X5 with the 4.8 V8 today. Makes me nervous seeing this genuine "German" engineering.

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: November 22, 2017, 10:08:25 pm »

And that car is a nuclear bomb about to go off.  Those cars are among the worst ever made by Audi, period.  $5000?  $5.
I know that the 2.7 turbo was a timebomb, but the V8 as well?? How the hell can the Germans screw up something as solid as a V8??

Oh boy...and I just picked up a BMW X5 with the 4.8 V8 today. Makes me nervous seeing this genuine "German" engineering.

For the business or personal?!?

Got details?

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: November 22, 2017, 10:42:00 pm »
Acura TLX 4 cyls are CHEAP now a days:

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Acura/TLX/Pickering/Ontario/5_35997282_ON20081124094103812/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=22_15_22

Seems the price dropped:

https://www.acurapickering.com/inventory/certified-used-2015-acura-tlx-2-4l-p-aws-fwd-car-19uub1f36fa800986

Carproof (dealer website) shows no accidents, local owners and dealer serviced.

This would make a great car for brand new Civic/Corolla/Elantra money.

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #2604 on: November 23, 2017, 12:23:15 am »

Looks like a photo of a dodge neon srt4.
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: November 23, 2017, 12:58:31 am »

Got details?

I'll throw some detail and pics up in my buy and sell thread. Its a very nice one owner 05 4.8is with 180k. Always thought those looked great with those huge tires and aero package. So far no orange lights and its still running, good sign for a FGC!

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #2606 on: November 23, 2017, 08:58:51 am »

Got details?

I'll throw some detail and pics up in my buy and sell thread. Its a very nice one owner 05 4.8is with 180k. Always thought those looked great with those huge tires and aero package. So far no orange lights and its still running, good sign for a FGC!

;D
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #2607 on: November 23, 2017, 10:54:27 am »
N62 is on the list of BMW engines to avoid.  The 4.4L is slightly worse than the 4.8L.  Slightly.  Reasons?

Oil leaks - lots of them.  Main seals, alternator bracket seal, valve cover gaskets, upper timing cover gaskets are common, others come up too.

Valve stems are bad, really bad.

Air pump failure

Intake manifold issues

VANOS issues (like EVERY engine with stupid VANOS)

Coolant transfer pipe - this is an expensive fix.

Plastic timing chain guides that fail.

Aside from those, pay close attention to the entire cooling system.  IMPORTANT.

Issues with the air suspension usually the bags.  Replacing is only solution.

PITA but not expensive (terribly so, anyway) are the constantly failing door handle carriers.

I know lots about these, as they used to be common around my parts.  And a friend bought a used one not too long and he got six months out of it before the cooling system let go and the engine grenaded within seconds.  Tread carefully and pay close attention to every little detail.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: November 23, 2017, 11:11:46 am »
N62 is on the list of BMW engines to avoid.  The 4.4L is slightly worse than the 4.8L.  Slightly.  Reasons?

Oil leaks - lots of them.  Main seals, alternator bracket seal, valve cover gaskets, upper timing cover gaskets are common, others come up too.

Air pump failure

Intake manifold issues

PITA but not expensive (terribly so, anyway) are the constantly failing door handle carriers.

I know lots about these, as they used to be common around my parts.  And a friend bought a used one not too long and he got six months out of it before the cooling system let go and the engine grenaded within seconds.  Tread carefully and pay close attention to every little detail.

That's all......seems like this is one of the more reliable models lol. No leaks so there's a positive, yet to see any smoke out the rear so fingers crossed the guides are fine. All is well with the air suspension, I mean it works and all and doesn't fall down overnight. I really am scared of it, but it's like a tasty poison because its so nice to drive. Lets say it was priced right, and in very good condition. Being a one owner car that was a plus, usually the guys that pay close to 6 figures for a vehicle hold it dear and maintain it.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #2609 on: November 23, 2017, 11:34:54 am »

Air pump failure

Intake manifold issues

That's all......seems like this is one of the more reliable models lol. No leaks so there's a positive, yet to see any smoke out the rear so fingers crossed the guides are fine. All is well with the air suspension, I mean it works and all and doesn't fall down overnight. I really am scared of it, but it's like a tasty poison because its so nice to drive. Lets say it was priced right, and in very good condition. Being a one owner car that was a plus, usually the guys that pay close to 6 figures for a vehicle hold it dear and maintain it.

If you like this type of vehicle, trade it on a Cayenne S or turbo ASAP.   Much shorter list of problems.
Mr Pickypants

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: November 23, 2017, 01:02:45 pm »
Cayenne is the best German SUV, by far.  Both the 6 and the 8 are robust, and most issues are easily solved and not terribly expensive to deal with.  The Turbos are especially well made it seems.

And for sure they don't have lame-ass cooling systems that fail completely with no warning and turn the engine into a lump of scrap metal.  Hey, BMW, it can be done!  Call Porsche?

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #2611 on: November 23, 2017, 01:39:59 pm »
And for sure they don't have lame-ass cooling systems that fail completely with no warning and turn the engine into a lump of scrap metal.  Hey, BMW, it can be done!  Call Porsche?

Well, they kind of do.  The original coolant pipes in the V of the 4.5 are made of plastic and will eventually blow up.  My engine's were already replaced with metal ones as a preventative measure before I bought it.
It's usually pretty noticeable when it blows, happened to a friend's last spring.   
There was a class-action lawsuit about it years ago.
About the only thing on the engine that is known for blowing up though.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: November 23, 2017, 01:46:23 pm »

Well, they kind of do.  The original coolant pipes in the V of the 4.5 are made of plastic and will eventually blow up. My engine's were already replaced with metal ones as a preventative measure before I bought it.

I'd thought all those 4.5s had been done - seems not, huh.  Noted.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: November 23, 2017, 02:00:02 pm »

Well, they kind of do.  The original coolant pipes in the V of the 4.5 are made of plastic and will eventually blow up. My engine's were already replaced with metal ones as a preventative measure before I bought it.

I'd thought all those 4.5s had been done - seems not, huh.  Noted.

That's what my friend thought too.   He found a decent deal on a 2006 Titanium  a couple of years ago and took a chance.  I think that's the only repair he's had to do though.
 Apparently there's a way to look in and see if it's been done with mirrors or a scope.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: November 23, 2017, 06:17:46 pm »
The torque tubes (driveshaft) is occasionally problematic too IIRC.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: November 23, 2017, 06:49:23 pm »
The torque tubes (driveshaft) is occasionally problematic too IIRC.

Yeah, it's a stupid rubber mounted support, the rubber cracks and falls apart.  I replaced mine with this a couple of years ago.
http://epsdriveshaftbearingsupport.com/cayenne-drive-shaft-clamping-center-support-mount

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #2616 on: November 23, 2017, 11:22:45 pm »

;D   :rofl:

Looks like a dissected Xenomorph.  Giger would be proud.  On the Autobahn, no one can hear you scream.
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #2617 on: November 24, 2017, 10:17:12 am »
They're practically giving them away at Scottsdale Ferrari!   :rofl2:

Used 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB  Was $375,000, NOW $287,882!!
http://www.scottsdaleferrari.com/detail-2017-ferrari-488_gtb-happy_thanksgiving_to_you_and_your_family_-used-16794089.html

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: November 24, 2017, 10:25:00 am »
Huh, Rob Ferretti is selling his 488 and has stated that it's appreciated, and he's asking >$400K.

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #2619 on: November 24, 2017, 10:38:00 am »
They're practically giving them away at Scottsdale Ferrari!   :rofl2:

Used 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB  Was $375,000, NOW $287,882!!

I want to know how they landed on $287,882.
Plus, a discounted Ferrari seems rather "distasteful" does it not.