Author Topic: Kumho vs Falken Which to buy from tiretrends  (Read 2718 times)

twism

Kumho vs Falken Which to buy from tiretrends
« on: January 26, 2006, 04:24:45 am »
I have a 2000 Acura EL Tire Size=P195/55/R15. Currently have Michelin XG7 V rated high performance tires. I ordered Kumho Ku21 VRated tires from tiretrends but its currently on backorder. A guy there also suggested Falken Ziex ZE-512. Went through about 30 pages of reviews and here their a great tire that really hugs the road even in rain. However I also read several complaints about treadwear. Quite a few people had to change the tire or getting ready to at 2000, 5000, 10000, 20000, 30000km far from 60k promised by manufactures even with rotating tires. I like the price $105 per tire.

Im looking for highperformance V rated all season that are good for Vancouver rainy weather.  I would like to stick somewhat close to the $108 price that these currently cost. Would u suggest another tire or a different Kumho. Wasnt able to find any info on how the kumho ku21 are and nothing about the treadlife. I am excited about the falkens just the treadlife is scaring me.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 05:40:10 pm by twism »

Offline auto_enthusiast

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +1/-9
    • View Profile
Re: Kumho vs Falken Which to buy from tiretrends
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 03:35:28 pm »
I've had the 512's on my car for about 5000+ km's and have noticed no abnormal wear rates....

They're very good in the rain but I haven't really had  much of a chance to push them in the dry (it's been a rainy winter)

mdxtasy

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 12:38:47 am »
Kuhmo's are good tires.  Falken is another good value brand.  Heard of Nexen tires?

Traum

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 01:09:55 am »
My vote would have to go to the Falkens (b/c I use them myself). Thread wear does seem to be an issue, but not overly so. And I push my car pretty hard.

-Rick

morty

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 11:05:48 pm »
Kumho ASX (aka KU21) will give you a little better treadlife, but not quite as good in the wet. Pretty similar pricing and both good tires. If you can wait for the tires to come in then ASX. If you need tires ASAP then the Falkens are a good compromise. If you are looking for something that will give you more treadlife and good wet; consider the BFG Traction T/A. A little more expensive, but better longevity. You can also switch to a 205/50R15 for a few more options.