Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1055424 times)

Offline goodsonr

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +18/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2016, 02:41:40 pm »
I pretty much am only carry-on but in a largish day-pack which fits easily... I travel light.  My main reason for using carry-on is no chance of losing my luggage and it is much easier to deal with the logistics should my flight gets cancelled while at the airport .

Things that bug me .... ooohhhhh sooo mannyy

- super-bright advertising signs .. I wish I had the money to rent-them and leave them off.
- when I get home from work and the walk isn't (snow) shovelled and the kids are just lying-around inside.
- after we finally get a good base of snow for x-country skiing and then it rains.
- when I go to the cupboard for the dark chocolate . .and somebody else has eaten it all.
- whenever I start a 10-minute project at home to fix something .. and it somehow turns into a 1-2 hour extravaganza of futility
- off-leash dogs in an on-leash area

..better stop now before I get on a real roll......

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2016, 02:45:35 pm »
 The USA elections thread. >:(
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2016, 04:29:38 pm »
I don't understand why airlines are not enforcing carry on baggage size/weight limits. Yet if you check in two bags and one is a pound over and the other is a pound under, it is the end of the world.

When flying (which I don't do very often) I carry a man-purse on top of my carry on piece just because I can.

Last Christmas, the gate attendant made everyone put their carry-on in the jig that ensures sizing. I hadn't seen them ever do that before. If it fit, a tag was put on the bag saying it had cleared, if it didn't, they would make the person check their bag.

There was much bitching from people with obviously oversized carry-ons.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2016, 04:40:25 pm »
That we've hardly a sunny day in a month, but no snow, either.  Just gloom.  Ugh.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2016, 05:24:11 pm »
That we've hardly a sunny day in a month, but no snow, either.  Just gloom.  Ugh.
Are you in good ol' Germany?
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2016, 05:28:43 pm »

Things that bug me .... ooohhhhh sooo mannyy

- super-bright advertising signs .. I wish I had the money to rent-them and leave them off.

There's a sign like that on my way to work.  When it displays a sign with a white background, it's like driving into the sun.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2016, 05:56:23 pm »
Last Christmas, the gate attendant made everyone put their carry-on in the jig that ensures sizing. I hadn't seen them ever do that before. If it fit, a tag was put on the bag saying it had cleared, if it didn't, they would make the person check their bag.

I saw it done on Tuesday, but inconsistently.  In Europe (when I was there in 2012), they were really strict about it.  Frau Farbissina at the Austrian Airlines counter was quite adamant about it.   :rofl2:

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2016, 07:27:27 pm »
I went and got groceries this afternoon and one thing always irritates the sh!t out of me when I'm shopping..........it's the folks that chat it up in the middle of the aisle so you can't even get through.  And their so oblivious that they have no idea they are holding people up. 

Also, people that seem to do a year's worth of facking banking at the ATM machine holding other folks up behind them.
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2016, 07:47:21 pm »

I went and got groceries this afternoon and one thing always irritates the sh!t out of me when I'm shopping..........it's the folks that chat it up in the middle of the aisle so you can't even get through.  And their so oblivious that they have no idea they are holding people up. 

I've been known to ram other people's carts when they can't move to the side.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2016, 08:03:16 pm »

Same here.  I also walk into kids/adults who's noses are in their phones and aren't paying attention.

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2016, 08:25:34 pm »

Also, people that seem to do a year's worth of facking banking at the ATM machine holding other folks up behind them.

Just because I love you, I'll point out that 'ATM machine' is redundant.

Also, 'their so oblivious'?     I suppose I don't get an invite to the opening now, LOL.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2016, 08:42:44 pm »

Also, 'their so oblivious'?     I suppose I don't get an invite to the opening now, LOL.

Ok, you got me.  I guess I'm so used to saying either "bank machine" or "ATM machine".  And yeah......they're, not their.   ;)

As for the invite to the opening, I might have to think about it now.   ;D

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2016, 09:30:25 pm »

Ok, you got me.  I guess I'm so used to saying either "bank machine" or "ATM machine".  And yeah......they're, not their.   ;)

I hear "VIN number" far too often.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2016, 09:38:16 pm »

I hear "VIN number" far too often.

I admit I'm guilty of that one as well.  :(

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2016, 05:11:32 am »
Putting up the outside Christmas decorations. It looks good when it's done and I'm always glad I made the effort but jeeez I hate doing it! (it's today's chore)

Also, why can't they put some kind of hooks or wire loops on evergreen wreaths to hang them with? I spend as much time wiring on the bows and rigging a wire loop as I do one the ladder hanging them.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2016, 06:37:05 am »

Same here.  I also walk into kids/adults who's noses are in their phones and aren't paying attention.

a lot of Mean GenXers out there ,  I just say excuse me, and they move , just like Moses parting the sea ;D

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2016, 08:03:51 am »
Car pulling to the left after the winter tires are put on.   Grrr...now just gotta figure if it's the right side or left side.  So much for rotating them every year.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2016, 11:28:34 am »

I saw it done on Tuesday, but inconsistently.  In Europe (when I was there in 2012), they were really strict about it.  Frau Farbissina at the Austrian Airlines counter was quite adamant about it.   :rofl2:

OMG That got me laughing.  :rofl2:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2016, 01:08:58 pm »

a lot of Mean GenXers out there ,  I just say excuse me, and they move , just like Moses parting the sea ;D

Why would I say excuse me when they aren't paying attention, not watching where they are going with nose in phone?

I just brace myself and crash into them...or I stop completely and let the crash happen. Either way they are on the receiving end.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-327
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2016, 01:55:20 pm »
Smokers at coin car washes.....cigarettes smell even worse in a humid environment. A carwash is indoor public place, why do they feel they can light up?

Dog walkers. I find a out of the way quiet spot along an irrigation canal to ride my bike, its just a dirt trail outside town limits. Lately, it's become a "off leash area" for all kinds of Dog owners, some nice, and some who think I SHOULD ride elsewhere. A few years back, our town spent big $$ building a fancy Dog park, why not go there???

Rude people- It's a given, the Tim Hortons drive thru agent has a hard job, they owe you nothing, if you think you mistreat them because of where they work or their country of origin you are a a$$hole. A little kindness go a long way.

One the subject of Timmies (or any other busy drive thru) people who get their order taken them move forward a foot and leave 10 ft between them and the person ahead, if you moved up more THE PERSON BEHIND YOU could have their order taken as well! Wait, who cares about that as long as YOUR order has been taken, right?

I'm sure I'll think of many more...................