Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3124927 times)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #18020 on: January 24, 2024, 11:36:58 am »
Solar eclipse too dangerous for kids to go to school.

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/four-toronto-area-school-boards-reschedule-upcoming-pa-days-due-to-solar-eclipse-risks-1.6738995

The boards said that because the eclipse will occur around the same time students are dismissed, moving the PA day to April 8 will “ensure that students will not be outdoors during” that time.

And how will that ENSURE nobody is outside?  :think:

"By rescheduling the PA Day to coincide with the eclipse, we mitigate possible student​​​ transportation and safety concerns and challenges for families that could arise as a result of the darkness that would be experienced while students are being dismissed from school," the boards said in a statement.

Isn't it dark in the morning (in winter) when kids go to school? :think:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #18021 on: January 24, 2024, 06:01:19 pm »
Solar eclipse too dangerous for kids to go to school.

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/four-toronto-area-school-boards-reschedule-upcoming-pa-days-due-to-solar-eclipse-risks-1.6738995

The boards said that because the eclipse will occur around the same time students are dismissed, moving the PA day to April 8 will “ensure that students will not be outdoors during” that time.

And how will that ENSURE nobody is outside?  :think:

"By rescheduling the PA Day to coincide with the eclipse, we mitigate possible student​​​ transportation and safety concerns and challenges for families that could arise as a result of the darkness that would be experienced while students are being dismissed from school," the boards said in a statement.

Isn't it dark in the morning (in winter) when kids go to school? :think:
I remember eclipses during grade school.

Nobody died or lost their eyesight.

I remember lots of things that merely required a bit of common sense to keep you safe when I was a kid. Many of those things are no longer done/allowed.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #18022 on: February 06, 2024, 07:03:50 pm »
https://globalnews.ca/news/10277200/belleville-police-warn-to-avoid-citys-downtown-due-to-overdose-emergency/

Bellville police took the rare step of warning people avoid the city’s downtown as emergency crews dealt with a sudden surge of drug overdoses Tuesday.
In a media release sent out just after 5 p.m. police said crews responded to 13 drug overdose calls in the downtown area in the span of an hour.
  :run:
Mr Pickypants

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #18023 on: February 06, 2024, 07:34:52 pm »

Bellville police took the rare step of warning people avoid the city’s downtown as emergency crews dealt with a sudden surge of drug overdoses Tuesday.

Why?

Is there a risk of getting free heroin injections to the general public??

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #18024 on: March 17, 2024, 02:40:50 pm »
Re: Rema's "Calm Down" song. I think it's fortunate for him he didn't know what a broken record sounded like  >:D
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline valuator

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Pilot TrailSport, 2015 Outback 3.6R, 2012 BMW 128i
« Reply #18025 on: May 01, 2024, 08:24:30 am »
Just checking in. I’m not dead, just busy.  There is as much work as I want and I’m learning to say “no”.  Big trip to Africa departs June 7th.  My dad sold his F36 430i Gran Coupe and bought a new, black M440i which is an absolute beast. The new Pilot is great, put 10k on it since January. I think that covers everything  ;D Hope everyone else is doing well!

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #18026 on: May 01, 2024, 08:47:30 am »
Just checking in. I’m not dead, just busy.  There is as much work as I want and I’m learning to say “no”.  Big trip to Africa departs June 7th.  My dad sold his F36 430i Gran Coupe and bought a new, black M440i which is an absolute beast. The new Pilot is great, put 10k on it since January. I think that covers everything  ;D Hope everyone else is doing well!

Glad to hear the new gig is going well! That Africa trip should be amazing.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #18027 on: May 03, 2024, 12:59:28 pm »
My laptop is asking if I want it to upgrade from Windows 10 to Win11.

Should I?
I haven't looked into what is entailed, my wife uses it most of the time.

How about now?