Author Topic: PartsAvatar.ca experience  (Read 1462 times)

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
Re: PartsAvatar.ca experience
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2024, 12:12:39 am »
Maybe Dante already bought their entire inventory out to hoard parts for his 328!  ;D

:stick:  Ha, ha.... Not on my preferred vendor list....I only bought few widgets from them -bolts, wipers... nothing major.

For me is:
1. Rockauto (90%)
2. Germanparts.ca
3. FCPEuro (US)
4. Others (eBay)

As much as I would like to buy Canadian I find the customer service, parts variety and prices way behind the US-based sites.

Example - recently I purchased a part from FCP Euro and when it arrived to my door FedEx wanted a ridiculous amount of money so I refused delivery (at the FedEx driver advice). FCP Euro paid for the return shipping and fully refund me for the part cost. Now I know Amazon does this as well, but FCP Euro is not Amazon.

i thought car parts were part of free trade agreement, and would not be subject to levy (and therefore ridiculous shippers brokerage fees) but i had been proved wrong on many occasiona when i had bimmer.  had to pay 80% part price as shipping/brokerage/duty a few times... 
sad part is, often that was still cheaper than what canadian part retailers charged.

Only if parts made in the USA or Mexico