Author Topic: Test Drive: 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport  (Read 10826 times)

Online Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Test Drive: 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2018, 08:27:44 pm »
V8 would be nice power wise but I would die a little inside everytime I needed to fill it up.
Then you would step in it and forget all of that. Nothing sounds or feels like a V8

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2018, 01:59:58 am »

It's far easier to keep a current customer instead of winning over a new customer. If a 911 owner is looking to buy a sedan or CUV, how exactly do you steer them towards an Audi? At that point you're at a great risk of losing them to Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, etc.

And without the Panamera, Cayenne, and Macan, Porsche would be a dying brand. The market for sports cars (non exotics) is very soft. People want their performance with practicality these days and that has hurt sports cars. The 911's best sales came in the 997.1 days. The Cayman sells roughly half of what it did when it debuted, and the Boxster is a mere fraction of its early '00s heyday.

Sell them out of the same showrooms? Porsche is just a VAG brand now, no reason to not have them share space with Audi.

When Porsche was an independent company, it made sense to broaden the base. They don't need to do it now. The Panamera, Cayenne and Macan space can easily be filled by the A8, Q7 and Q5. The latter two are platform mates with the two Porches as it is as it is.

Porsche sales are also down because of the continual move upmarket.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2018, 08:38:15 am »
Broken Stelvio for Chas!   :rofl: :rofl2:

https://jalopnik.com/a-camouflaged-alfa-romeo-stelvio-quadrifoglio-apparentl-1823019202
fake news  :P

unfortunately Alfa seems still not able to do electrics, which is worrying in an age where the entire car is electrics
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2018, 09:02:20 am »
Why bother camouflaging cars that have already been shown to the public?

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2018, 09:22:15 am »
I must have missed this response when you first posted it.

Sell them out of the same showrooms? Porsche is just a VAG brand now, no reason to not have them share space with Audi.

When Porsche was an independent company, it made sense to broaden the base. They don't need to do it now. The Panamera, Cayenne and Macan space can easily be filled by the A8, Q7 and Q5. The latter two are platform mates with the two Porches as it is as it is.

Porsche sales are also down because of the continual move upmarket.

There's a reason that the automakers have moved away from sharing showroom space with other brands. It compromises their branding, marketing, messaging, etc.

Even as a subsidiary of a larger group, a brand still needs to pull its own weight. Generally speaking, there's little point in subsidizing other product lines.

There are also significant differences between the Porsches and Audis you mention, and the Porsches are without exception significantly more expensive than their Audi brethren.

I'm sure the move upmarket has affected sales but there's no question that the sports car market has been suffering for a while, and will continue to do so.