Author Topic: Latest Movie Thread  (Read 828016 times)

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Movie Thread
« Reply #4320 on: May 05, 2024, 11:57:12 pm »

.  Thought it was fitting that Joaquin Phoenix got to wear a laurel crown in an epic movie again, lol. 

Speaking of him, watched Beau Is Afraid yesterday.

Same writer/director as Hereditary and Midsommar.....

Horrible movie.
I thought it was great!

And I think that’s kind of how people see the movie. 50% like it and the other 50% do not.

On an unrelated note, I saw a Civil War last night and thought it was compelling

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: May 06, 2024, 12:09:30 am »

.  Thought it was fitting that Joaquin Phoenix got to wear a laurel crown in an epic movie again, lol. 

Horrible movie.
I thought it was great!

And I think that’s kind of how people see the movie. 50% like it and the other 50% do not.

On an unrelated note, I saw a Civil War last night and thought it was compelling
I loved it because I couldn't trust anything I was seeing to be "real" because Beau has serious emotional and mental issues.

How much was "real" vs a creation in Beau's mind?
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: May 06, 2024, 12:27:10 am »

Horrible movie.
I thought it was great!

I loved it because I couldn't trust anything I was seeing to be "real" because Beau has serious emotional and mental issues.

I think it was the enormous dick that did me in😂

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: May 06, 2024, 12:37:56 am »

Horrible movie.
I thought it was great!

I think it was the enormous dick that did me in[emoji23]
Did you see any of his other movies?

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #4324 on: May 07, 2024, 10:28:32 am »
Watched Zone of Interest last night.  Not sure what to think.  One one hand the scenes could have been much shorter.  For example, showing a character walking up a set of stairs completely isn't necessary, or the opening overture of music playing for nearly 5 minutes with a blank screen.  This made for some long stretches of of me thinking "what is going on here".  On the other hand it was pretty impactful hearing how the Nazis made huge efforts in efficiently killing and destroying human remains and the life that the family lives adjacent the camp. 

I'm sure there's a ton of symbolism that I wasn't catching on to.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #4325 on: May 07, 2024, 11:04:08 am »
Watched Zone of Interest last night.  Not sure what to think.  One one hand the scenes could have been much shorter.  For example, showing a character walking up a set of stairs completely isn't necessary, or the opening overture of music playing for nearly 5 minutes with a blank screen.  This made for some long stretches of of me thinking "what is going on here".  On the other hand it was pretty impactful hearing how the Nazis made huge efforts in efficiently killing and destroying human remains and the life that the family lives adjacent the camp. 

I'm sure there's a ton of symbolism that I wasn't catching on to.

I thought it was really well done. What's really interesting is that the scenes in the house of the mundane daily life were filmed with hidden cameras and with no crew members present that gives it a bit of a reality TV feel and immerses the actors in the set.