Author Topic: What you Buy or DIY show off thread  (Read 1633495 times)

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
Re: What you Buy or DIY show off thread
« Reply #8700 on: April 29, 2024, 03:45:27 pm »
2016 all season, front bed, rear kitchen, dinette slide, 26th footer.  Private sale, older couple, mint, higher end model.  Auto leveling, great lighting outside and in.  Located in my town!  Seller brought it over to my cottage that I had weeks earlier torn down so kind of urgent.

The people stored it in a drive shed on a farm, but because it was so wet the seller's 1/2 ton got stuck on the way out and sprayed muck over the front.  I should have water to the trailer by tomorrow.  Ontario Hydro came at 7:00 pm Friday and re-connected my storage building so I had 30 amps to the trailer and heat.

Seller had a custom cover made for.  Distribution hitch/anti sway not that I'll be towing it, but son probably will.  Seller ordered a new awning for it and when it arrives he'll bring it over.  Just a crazy deal.  Perfect seller.

I'll be starting a new thread on my final build.

Nice find and exactly the type of seller you want to buy from.  Now get up on that roof and check all the seams for gaps/cracking  ;D .  Very nice that there's a ladder on the back.  Don't see that very much anymore.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #8701 on: April 29, 2024, 07:52:13 pm »
Fortunately it was under cover for 6 months of the year.  I have a 10 foot step ladder so I've had had a pretty good look at things.  The rear ladders started disappearing because companies started de-contenting to reduce the MSRP. 

I looked at similar trailers, but new and I was still stunned at the sales prices.  Double what I paid and then 13% on that.  I was starting to sweat.  Plus I strictly needed a couples trailer.

I'm thinking about replacing the converter as it gets pretty loud the more DC load is added.  I'm pulling the cover off tomorrow.  So far so good on the rest of it.  One rear exterior light not working and one interior push light not working.  Bought a "Bloom" foam Queen mattress today 60x80.  The PO had extended the plywood bed platform by 5 inches.     

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #8702 on: April 30, 2024, 12:56:36 pm »
Off gassing glue board and staples FTW! ;D Beats a tent though.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #8703 on: April 30, 2024, 01:17:20 pm »
Fortunately it was under cover for 6 months of the year.  I have a 10 foot step ladder so I've had had a pretty good look at things.  The rear ladders started disappearing because companies started de-contenting to reduce the MSRP. 

I looked at similar trailers, but new and I was still stunned at the sales prices.  Double what I paid and then 13% on that.  I was starting to sweat.  Plus I strictly needed a couples trailer.

I'm thinking about replacing the converter as it gets pretty loud the more DC load is added.  I'm pulling the cover off tomorrow.  So far so good on the rest of it.  One rear exterior light not working and one interior push light not working.  Bought a "Bloom" foam Queen mattress today 60x80.  The PO had extended the plywood bed platform by 5 inches.   

Ya that cover would save the sealant on the joints for sure. 

I bought a new trailer in 2019.  31 ft bunkhouse model with 2 slides, fiberglass, full outdoor kitchen, etc for about 60% of what they go for now.  It's ridiculous, just like everything else I guess.  I wouldn't be buying new anymore. 

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #8704 on: April 30, 2024, 10:53:16 pm »
Congrats on your timely purchase.

I bought a full queen sized"Bloom" foam mattress today and it's settling itself for the next 48 hours.  Interesting concept.

Just saw this on the inside of the entry door.  Looks pretty funny when the door is open from the outside.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: May 01, 2024, 01:10:59 am »
Perfection!
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...