Author Topic: Food  (Read 714328 times)

Offline jcon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Food
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 12:20:24 pm »
Did you guys know that honey(one from bees, not your loved ones) can sometimes last thousands of years without rotting?

I read and saw tv show that said explorer's found honey in egypts' pyramid that is like more than thousand years old and it was still in edible state.

...should one take this as good sign of anti aging agent for human? ;D

Have you ever looked at the list of  ingredients on your bottle of honey at home?

There isn't one because honey doesn't need processing or preservatives. Honey contains honey, and that's it. A remarkable food.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 12:22:55 pm »
 ::) Welcome to Canada  :hello:. We have laws here specific to this country and if you do not like them or comply please feel free to exercise your option of returning to your place of origin.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 12:25:01 pm by Sand Man »

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2007, 01:21:07 pm »

Have you ever looked at the list of  ingredients on your bottle of honey at home?

There isn't one because honey doesn't need processing or preservatives. Honey contains honey, and that's it. A remarkable food.

If the bees keep disappearing, there won't be any honey to eat.  That's a scary prospect.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2007, 04:18:58 pm »
The most "exotic" food I have eaten? A chicken egg that has been developed more...you can actually see the chick, but theres no hair developed yet and is brown...an embryo? Basically boil the egg, and eat with salt and pepper. Egg white is still there, except its hard. I hope that ain't a "graphic" description, afterall, its an egg. Good stuff, yet fairly expensive here.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2007, 05:55:22 pm »
The most "exotic" food I have eaten? A chicken egg that has been developed more...you can actually see the chick, but theres no hair developed yet and is brown...an embryo? Basically boil the egg, and eat with salt and pepper. Egg white is still there, except its hard. I hope that ain't a "graphic" description, afterall, its an egg. Good stuff, yet fairly expensive here.

I appreciate your honesty... but....  :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2007, 06:19:23 pm »

I appreciate your honesty... but....  :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

haha, i found what its called. Balut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2007, 06:26:27 pm »
People will make their own distinctions across largely emotional lines. That will never change.

We don't eat dogs, cats, etc. over here because they're pets. They're cute. They bark and purr and they seem to like us.

Cows, on the other hand, are boring and smell funny, but taste good. :)

Between that and natural biases across cultural and racial lines, well...
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline The Fuzz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1/-2
  • Will not fix tickets for donuts, carrots or b**bs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2007, 07:31:37 pm »
I read and saw tv show that said explorer's found honey in egypts' pyramid that is like more than thousand years old and it was still in edible state.

Who drew the short straw on that one??

"Here, try this."

"No."

"You're the new guy....try it."

"Fack off!!.......Ok, fine."
Everyone hates us until they need us.

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2007, 08:12:22 pm »
Ate a Maple Leaf hot dog for dinner and a cup of tea.

Ah, the old "mystery meat in a tube" meal.  :drool: :drool: :love: :rofl2: :rofl:

You don't know until you take a bite.  ;D

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2007, 08:16:14 pm »
Ate a Maple Leaf hot dog for dinner and a cup of tea.

Ah, the old "mystery meat in a tube" meal.  :drool: :drool: :love: :rofl2: :rofl:

You don't know until you take a bite.  ;D

With enough Ketchup, its delicious.

UmroAyyar

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2007, 09:57:31 am »
I am eating Shami Kebab (Shami Kebabs are spicy melt-in-the-mouth burgers) for lunch today. Gulab Jaman for desert.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2007, 03:47:33 pm »
I've caught a coupla shows on Indian food(TVO Fridays at 7 here in DoGfreeVille!!!.Katz just U wait!!)..those street vendors make ma MOUTH WATER..they whip up delicious sounding?/tasting?/looking  sh*te from nothing in nothing flat and sell it fer bumpkiss....I love these COOKS TOURS ;)........WANTA Mickies chicken wrap..Saf....Hurl KNOW ;) :hurl:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

UmroAyyar

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2007, 03:49:30 pm »
saf, have you tried gol gappay? available in stores here.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2007, 03:53:00 pm »
..NO...but i've dated a few Yappy gals.....explain yerself man...U are tawkin to a white bread and bored Caucasian here...... ???

UmroAyyar

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2007, 03:57:22 pm »
Sorry, I thought you are acquainted with south asian street food.

Here it is. This is a milder version of the sauce/seasoning, the street vendor's version isn't authentic unless it stings the throat all the way(spicy & sour).
http://www.angelfire.com/country/fauziaspakistan/golgappay.html

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2007, 05:58:50 pm »
My aquiantance with Asian foods is thru (ex)workmates....in TO........a truly COSMO  POLLY-GLOT lot.......and the recent TV shows got my JUICES FLOWING... :o..and also my appetite..... ;) fer a nice Dun Tart....and a SPICY GAL.....no not Mz Beck"HAM".... ::) :P

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2007, 12:43:42 am »
Had spicy squid for dinner. 

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2007, 01:15:19 pm »
..were they well behaved.....i find them somewhat clinging and dependent ;) ::) :P ;D

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2007, 05:59:24 pm »
..were they well behaved.....i find them somewhat clinging and dependent ;) ::) :P ;D

The spicy squids were quite well behaved since they were kind of deceased at the time.   

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2007, 06:58:16 pm »
Sqishy sushi is not succulent sir?,,,raw Oyster bars are one of my faves ACME OYSTERS in NawLeins.....and Ugleshiks Fishy Emporium and bar(tho' i fear it may have felt Katrinas SCORN.... :'(