Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1051703 times)

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
Little Things That Irritate Me
« on: November 29, 2016, 09:18:57 pm »
Since they don't make me sad, angry or upset - but just annoy the sh*t outta me.

I just spent the day flying to Montreal and back for a one-day meeting.  In no particular order:

1.  Do you have to be the douchebag in his seat that talks on his cell about inconsequential things for over half an hour, loudly, right until the flight takes off?
2.  If the next zone that's boarding is Zone 3, and you're Zone 5, why are you standing in line ahead of (and blocking) those of us who are Zone 3?  You have a boarding pass and an assigned seat.  What's your freaking rush?
3.  If you know that you're flying, and that you'll have to take off your jacket and all your six thousand layers and sweaters and your boots to get through security, why wear six thousand layers?  I'm exaggerating with the six thousand layers, but this woman ahead of me was wearing a jacket, three ponchos and a scarf, and had to take them off one by one and put them in the plastic bins.  Winter hasn't even started!
4.  If you're new to the GTA, and have chosen to drive a cab to make a living, great.  Just get a facking GPS and punch in my facking home address.  I really don't feel like giving you turn-by-turn directions for half an hour after a long day.

There you have it.  Now I feel better.   :)

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 09:31:04 pm »
I see #2 happen all the time myself and it annoys the sh!t out of me.  Sit the fack down and wait you're turn, it's not like you are going to get to your destination any quicker. 

Continuing on the topic of flying....

Why is it that every time the flight attendants start serving food/drinks, people all of a sudden need to use the washroom and form a big line behind the flight attendants?  FFS, you're not going anywhere.....sit down and wait until the carts aren't in the aisle.
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 09:35:03 pm »
Ok. here's my latest. Ppl who make small talk with a cashier during payment (and having their card declined as a result) and for a little more after it's over while I'm patiently steaming at my ears.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Online tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 10:49:33 pm »
Really? God forbid they have a little interaction beyond scanning your groceries and asking if you want a plastic bag.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 10:53:43 pm »
asking if you want a plastic bag.

Yea, that pisses me off too.  Pretending they are doing something for the environment while pocketing the money for the bags they pay 1 cent for.

What a scam/racket that is.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 11:15:52 pm »
People who don't:

1. hold doors for others and

2. hold elevators for people, especially when someone is obviously hoping to hop in just before the doors close.
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 11:56:01 pm »
Ok. here's my latest. Ppl who make small talk with a cashier during payment (and having their card declined as a result) and for a little more after it's over while I'm patiently steaming at my ears.
I’m with you on this. If there’s no one else in the queue, fine. 5 people? Be efficient. I don’t need to know how your grandchild is doing at university, or how your roofing project is going. But this happens......too much in some places.

I have many German traits, and efficiency in work is one of them. Cut the chit chat, get the job done, and move on. This is why I like shopping at Aldi. But you guys don’t have this in Ontario......
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 12:04:36 am »

I have many German traits, and efficiency in work is one of them. Cut the chit chat, get the job done, and move on. This is why I like shopping at Aldi. But you guys don’t have this in Ontario......

I love Aldi!  We shop there in MI.  I nearly fell over the first time I saw the prices in there.  60 cents for a dozen eggs!  Crazy prices like that.

And I work on German designs frequently.  And they are the least efficient designs we work on.  Easily.

Just sayin'.   :)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 12:09:42 am »
Got a customer that says "you know what I mean" and another that says "buds".....like bud....but like two buds.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 12:16:11 am »

I love Aldi!  We shop there in MI.  I nearly fell over the first time I saw the prices in there.  60 cents for a dozen eggs!  Crazy prices like that.

And I work on German designs frequently.  And they are the least efficient designs we work on.  Easily.

Just sayin'.   :)

Aldi's not bad, but Edeka has better ads...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=klPJZ_hR0hI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jxVcgDMBU94

8)

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 06:59:04 am »
City converted much my route into town from 4 lane to 2 by adding bike lanes and a centre turning lane a couple of years ago. Since then I have seen a bike in the bike lane maybe a grand total of 5 times but I've been stuck behind people driving 40, dump trucks, loaders being moved etc etc LOTS  >:(
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 07:03:27 am »
To stay with the flying theme....people with multiple and/or oversized carry on items. Pack a bag and check it....don't be so fracking cheap!

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 07:03:48 am »

People from the GTA might have lots of sympathy for you, until they find that it's what, 3 whole km?  LOL.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 07:47:22 am »

People from the GTA might have lots of sympathy for you, until they find that it's what, 3 whole km?  LOL.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

Yeah, but sometimes it makes the trip 9 minutes instead of 8 if you get stuck behind somebody! ;D

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2016, 08:37:30 am »
To stay with the flying theme....people with multiple and/or oversized carry on items. Pack a bag and check it....don't be so fracking cheap!
+2. Actually, it is extremely irritating how long it takes people to settle down into their seats in general. How hard is it to pack your essential on-board items towards the top, so it is easy to remove in <30sec when you get to your seat? Or at the minimum, step out of the aisle! And stop swapping seats back and forth.......

I could go on about the joys of flying, but in general I prefer flying routes primarily flown by business people. No nonsense, efficient boarding and deplaning, no weird questions/conversations from the stranger next to you......I loved the HAJ-CDG and now, the CLT-DCA routes for this reason.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 10:08:09 am »
People who cannot return a cart to the cart collection area, but leave it in the parking spot next to their vehicle.
This is the brilliant thing with most German markets, and this is replicated in Aldi US. The carts are locked/strung together via a coin deposit system. In Europe, you put in a 50 cent or 1€ coin to unlock; in the US it is a 25-cent piece. When you are finished with the cart, you push the "key" back into the recepticle of the lock of the other carts, and get your coin back.

The user is thus incentivised to push his/her cart back, and this reduces headcount and labour costs because you're not hiring someone just to do that job. In fact, in the US I have pushed a couple carts back on occasion and earned some cents because some people are too lazy to walk 20m to return the cart.

On your comment about rubbish on the ground......litter in general irritates me, along with people who don't sort their recyclables properly.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 10:39:56 am »
^  1€ is enough to worry about, 25c not so much.  Here I guess a toonie would be the right coin...not many people would give up on that.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 10:51:50 am »
Really? God forbid they have a little interaction beyond scanning your groceries and asking if you want a plastic bag.

:iagree:

What irritates me:

People who pick up a food product from the produce, refrigerated, or frozen section, then decide they don' want it and just leave it among non perishable items.

People who throw garbage on the ground, when there is a garbage can less then 10 feet away.

People who cannot return a cart to the cart collection area, but leave it in the parking spot next to their vehicle.

I agree with all of those.

In our area, there is a 'low income' neighborhood nearby, and people who walk to the grocery stores somehow feel they have the right to take their cart home and leave it on the side of the street.  It's so common that there's a guy here (I assume he's paid by the stores) who does a route through those neighborhoods every day or two with a pickup, collecting the abandoned carts and returning them to the stores.

Offline Lower Level

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +40/-82
  • Roadrash
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale, 1989 Dodge B250 aka The BEAST.
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 11:05:34 am »
This is the brilliant thing with most German markets, and this is replicated in Aldi US. The carts are locked/strung together via a coin deposit system. In Europe, you put in a 50 cent or 1€ coin to unlock; in the US it is a 25-cent piece. When you are finished with the cart, you push the "key" back into the recepticle of the lock of the other carts, and get your coin back.

The user is thus incentivised to push his/her cart back, and this reduces headcount and labour costs because you're not hiring someone just to do that job. In fact, in the US I have pushed a couple carts back on occasion and earned some cents because some people are too lazy to walk 20m to return the cart.

On your comment about rubbish on the ground......litter in general irritates me, along with people who don't sort their recyclables properly.

They do this at No frills. Unfortunately the check out is so awful with people acting like animals I usually leave the store before my wife gets to it. Lately, I've just stopped going into the store altogether and wait in the parking lot. People still leave their carts though even with this system. Ah well.
Den
Reporter: "How does it feel being Henry Ford II?"
HF II: "I wouldn't know, I've never been anyone else."

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 11:06:18 am »

Aldi's not bad, but Edeka has better ads...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=klPJZ_hR0hI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jxVcgDMBU94

8)

SUPERGEIL! Welp, that's stuck in my head for the rest of the day.  ;D
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken