Author Topic: models  (Read 6321 times)

katie

models
« on: April 08, 2010, 01:21:46 am »
Just a message to the powers to be at GM. How is it that your executives decide which models are to be axed it would seem to me that in your infinite wisdom you have always cut models that were making you money.
eg: buick park ave, with the 3.8 engine OOPS the engine was too good (no repairs) dealers were not making money
also GMC Safari I for one do not want a crossover and I want a rear wheel drive mid size truck/van that I can haul with and the 4.3 engine that goes forever OOPS sorry it goes forever( no money for dealers again) do you see the trend I could mention several other models that your clowns have canned that people want and the service industry would use ( CHEV Caprice ) and one other thing is various tones of gray the only color that your company knows BORING
GEE I wonder how come you guys ended up in the toilet
respectfully :P ??? :P

vdk

Re: models
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 01:26:12 am »
 :hello:

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 01:32:54 am »
Can I interest you in a Toyota?  ;D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 01:34:42 am »
Just a message to the powers to be at GM. How is it that your executives decide which models are to be axed it would seem to me that in your infinite wisdom you have always cut models that were making you money.
eg: buick park ave, with the 3.8 engine OOPS the engine was too good (no repairs) dealers were not making money
also GMC Safari I for one do not want a crossover and I want a rear wheel drive mid size truck/van that I can haul with and the 4.3 engine that goes forever OOPS sorry it goes forever( no money for dealers again) do you see the trend I could mention several other models that your clowns have canned that people want and the service industry would use ( CHEV Caprice ) and one other thing is various tones of gray the only color that your company knows BORING
GEE I wonder how come you guys ended up in the toilet
respectfully :P ??? :P

Where to start?

Park Avenue was dull, as was the case for most old Buicks for the "old" GM.  It didn't sell in great numbers either.  To make a profit, you actually have to sell AND have a car people really want to buy.  The target demographic for Buick were people in the 60s...

The Safari was a POS.  It ranked among the lowest safety scores EVER for a minivan.  The styling was bland and boxy.  The 4.3 that you think is reliable has the horribly unreliable head gasket issue that cost thousands to fix, and would re-occur.  At the time it was discontinued, it was a tired design.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline CyberNick

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda 6 GT, 2007 Mazda 6 GT
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 01:34:55 am »
 :notroll:

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 10:21:05 pm »
Do you want my GM points from my credit card?

Only got it because it was the only card back then without an annual fee.
What you won't find in my car is a coffee, cigarette and a cell phone. What you will find is a driver; imagine that, a driver in a vehicle. What an effing concept!
A car has to do more than just perform; it has to stir your soul!
A true driver's car does not have cup holders.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 05:16:03 pm »
This topic is in "CDN vs US Vehicle Pricing & Info" because....??? ?   
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 12:41:16 am »
This topic is in "CDN vs US Vehicle Pricing & Info" because....??? ?   

Because it was a cry for help.   :'(