Author Topic: Canadians getting screwed!  (Read 105575 times)

baumer00

Re: Canadians getting screwed!
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2008, 08:22:25 pm »
Problems in the COU :rofl2:

I'd love to live in a real city, sadly this country seems to lack any truly world-class cities, so I'm stuck here for a couple more years

Montreal comes pretty close to world-class but not quite. :)

Oh you have got to be kidding, doesn't the infrastructure suck in MTL?

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-3
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
  • Cars: 2019 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite, 2018 Audi S5 Cabriolet
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2008, 08:28:03 pm »
Don't forget the city holding on to a fair amount of VACANT social housing units (Actual houses) and not selling them. Hmmm that would probably generate a fair amount of revenue.  Yep our mayor... gotta love him.  NOT.

saskwheatfarm

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2008, 11:10:43 pm »
Canada needs to pass tough legislation to prevent Toyota, Honda, and Nissan from dumping their fifteen year old right hand drive cars here. These right hand drive vehicles are dangerous for other drivers on our roads.  In addition their old dated engines are causing more pollution than newer cars. 

As far as I know Japan does not allow its citizens to drive cars that are older than ten years so why are they dumping them here?

i used to think it was a niche market for a younger crowd who wanted cars like the skyline, rx-7, mr2, etc.. but lately on the west coast i've seen an explosion in middle aged folks driving RHD mini vans and older land cruisers from Japan.   

check www dot delica dot ca

"
The L300 Delica (also known as the Mitsubishi Delica Starwagon) is the most common Delica seen in Canada. The L300 Delica was built in Japan for the model years 1986 to 1998. Several versions of the L300 Delica are available, the most popular being the Delica Exceed, the Delica Super Exceed, and the Delica Chamonix.

Due to Canadian import restrictions, Delica L300s (Starwagons) vans first became eligible for import around mid-2000. As is true with all Japanese Domestic Model (JDM) vehicles, Delica L300 vans tend to be Right Hand Drive (RHD).

Due to their unique combination of luxury features and offroad capabilities, the number of Delicas in Canada has grown rapidly. How popular are Delica vans today? Visit the Delica Canada | Members' Map.
"

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-3
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
  • Cars: 2019 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite, 2018 Audi S5 Cabriolet
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2008, 06:33:14 pm »

I'd love to live in a real city, sadly this country seems to lack any truly world-class cities, so I'm stuck here for a couple more years

Uhmmm... yep... kinda.... hence the "not quite"

baumer00

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2008, 07:14:35 pm »

well at least they're "distinct"

Uhmmm... yep... kinda.... hence the "not quite"

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2008, 09:08:15 am »
"Canadians getting screwed".................I should bloody well hope so.... :banana: :bounce: :pimp:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline newf1946

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2008, 11:29:46 am »
I have never got this whole argument. The USA is a frigging foreign country.    You may as well compare the price of cars in Australia  and feel grateful that we get cars more cheaply than they do.
The pricing of cars in the USA or anywhere else  is irrelevant to prices here
/rant
Last I heard we only have Nafta with US and Mexico, so we should expect similar pricing

Offline jcon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2008, 11:34:27 am »
I have never got this whole argument. The USA is a frigging foreign country.    You may as well compare the price of cars in Australia  and feel grateful that we get cars more cheaply than they do.
The pricing of cars in the USA or anywhere else  is irrelevant to prices here
/rant
Last I heard we only have Nafta with US and Mexico, so we should expect similar pricing
Well that doesn't quite make sense.

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2008, 11:20:41 am »
Therefore we are getting screwed by Honda, Toyota, and Nissan.    >:( >:( >:(  >:(

Not just them, but by most businesses up here.

Its pointless complaining...complain with your wallet...I do. I just came from another great shopping weekend in the US. I could provide details, but those dumb patriotic types with their heads stuck in the sand would only give you every lame excuse for buying here.
What you won't find in my car is a coffee, cigarette and a cell phone. What you will find is a driver; imagine that, a driver in a vehicle. What an effing concept!
A car has to do more than just perform; it has to stir your soul!
A true driver's car does not have cup holders.

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2008, 11:25:19 am »
"Canadians getting screwed".................I should bloody well hope so.... :banana: :bounce: :pimp:

-1...we're not all that gullible.  :rofl2:

Offline jcon

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2008, 01:13:20 pm »
Not just them, but by most businesses up here.

Its pointless complaining...complain with your wallet...I do. I just came from another great shopping weekend in the US. I could provide details, but those dumb patriotic types with their heads stuck in the sand would only give you every lame excuse for buying here.

If it's dumb to be patriotic then I'm a complete idiot.

If things are so much better down there, why not move in with your friends and stay? Obviously Canada is not good enough to host you anymore.

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2008, 01:48:31 pm »

You've proven that countless times. Now where is that "bird" icon. Go F yourself!!!

Offline jcon

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2008, 01:57:55 pm »

You've proven that countless times. Now where is that "bird" icon. Go F yourself!!!

From the PM:

Manchester United?

You wouldn't happen to be British or very English Canadian, would you?

If so, that would explain a lot. F*****g English think their :censor: don't stink!

Why don't you get a life!

Thanks for that!

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2008, 02:05:27 pm »
Thanks for that!

Well deserved!!!

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2008, 02:08:37 pm »
If things are so much better down there, why not move in with your friends and stay? Obviously Canada is not good enough to host you anymore.

WTF does where I choose to shop have to do with where I happen to live. God, you're so dumb, I could sell you dirt.

Wolfe

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2008, 03:18:57 pm »
Thanks for that!

Well deserved!!!

You're such a classy guy! You must bring sunshine and joy to the live of everyone you meet.

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2008, 05:59:44 pm »
You're such a classy guy! You must bring sunshine and joy to the live of everyone you meet.

A lot more classy than taking a Private Message and posting it to the forum, especially when it was aimed only at one person to wind them up even more. I have born and bred relatives in the UK and OZ, but its not something I would want him to know.

It seems people can't seperate something personal from business. Shopping where it is cheapest is pure business. He can't seem to comprehend that, as easy as it is to understand. He must be biased for some reason....vested interests I guess.

But just to wind him up some more (this works every time)...

Swish Facto AT30, a commercial water based degreaser...first rate stuff...head office in Peterborough, Ontario...product of Canada.

At a Swish store in Canada $96.93 (I might get $10 off).
At a Swish store in the USA: $73.25, but quoted me $67 on the phone. When I got to the store it was $55 without even asking for a further discount.
Bought two 20 liter pails and saved...lots.

BMW battery at a dealer in Canada $230, same battery in the US is discounted $104.41. Thanks, but I'll pocket that $125.59 difference while laughing all the way to the bank.

Honda part for my car at a dealer in Canada about $170, same part in the US $85.35. Thanks again!

And those are just a few of some great deals, but I'll stop right there as I don't want Jcon to jump off a bridge.

Wolfe

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2008, 01:04:10 pm »

It seems people can't seperate something personal from business. Shopping where it is cheapest is pure business. He can't seem to comprehend that, as easy as it is to understand. He must be biased for some reason....vested interests I guess.

And selling their products at a price that the market will bear is pure business too. It's nothing personal, though you certainly take it that way. It's funny how those who accuse others of being biased are always blind to their own biases.

Are you going to send me a nasty private message too now? :rofl:

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2008, 01:16:12 pm »
Sending someone nasty messages over discussion on an Internet Forum is low.   :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Perhaps shoulda purchase some cheap sex over there too, sounds like you ain't getting any being so uptight.

swishguy

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2008, 10:27:37 pm »
I work as a sales rep for Swish. we are changing our pricing strategy as we speak to be with in 10%.