Author Topic: Supra Turbo, Version 2.0 (SINGLE TURBO)  (Read 7335 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
Re: Supra Turbo, Version 2.0 (SINGLE TURBO)
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 02:58:20 am »
Power and in some cases better spool.  This little single starts to make boost where my twins did, but make MUCH more power up top with no taper in power.  It actually makes peak boost about 200 RPM sooner than the twins did.  In addition, when you go single, you have the advantage of large diameter tubular header/manifold which breathes better.  The stock twins have a cast manifold that sacrifices efficiency for packaging. The single turbo can handle more boost too.  My stockers were limited to 18 psi or so (400+RWHP), whereas this one can do 30 psi (650+RWHP).  The newest Borg Warner turbos with their extended tip technology are even better...quicker spool and about 10-15% more power compared to conventional turbos.  IIRC...your VW runs BW turbos..
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Mitlov

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 10:06:33 am »
The newest Borg Warner turbos with their extended tip technology are even better...quicker spool and about 10-15% more power compared to conventional turbos.  IIRC...your VW runs BW turbos..

http://www.kineticmotorsport.com/products/BorgWarner_K03S_OEM_Turbo_for_VW_Golf_Jetta_1_8T-701-143.html

Yep, the OEM part is BW.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 10:10:19 am »
I guess if you only want power.  But with the twin could you not create a sequential setup to provide power early on and a whallop a little later for extra oomph on the high end?

Depends what you want to with the car I guess.  I'm thinking for auto-x sequential would kick butt as a single would be like a switch (on / off) making it more difficult to control.