Author Topic: EV / Hybrid Fees  (Read 1755 times)

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +102/-402
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '24 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
Re: EV / Hybrid Fees
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2024, 02:50:08 pm »
Dougie gave us free annual registration  ;D

And what an excellent thing it is!
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2024, 02:57:32 pm »
Plus he temporarily cut our gas taxes...and extended that until June 2024.

And he's trying to pass legislation that any future carbon taxes will require a referendum vote by citizens before it can be passed.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2024, 08:28:23 am »
Plus he temporarily cut our gas taxes...and extended that until June 2024.

And he's trying to pass legislation that any future carbon taxes will require a referendum vote by citizens before it can be passed.

...but he sure loves all these EV plants!

Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2024, 08:52:28 am »

Just the jobs, just the jobs.

He doesn't care if they're making batteries or baseball bats..

Ford at least seems to be trying to keep money in my pocket rather than Trudeau's hand in my wallet all the time...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 08:54:19 am by rrocket »

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +231/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2024, 09:08:34 am »

Ford at least seems to be trying to keep money in my pocket rather than Trudeau's hand in my wallet all the time...

I liked Doug, but he's proven multiple times that when it really comes to standing his ground when times get tough he doesn't have the backbone. That said, he's the best Premier the Province has had in decades, at least, and does understand that keeping money in people's pockets will keep him in a job, so he does a good job of managing that narrative. 

Offline warp

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-39
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 VW GTI, 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander, 2024 VW GLI
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2024, 11:28:44 pm »

I liked Doug, but he's proven multiple times that when it really comes to standing his ground when times get tough he doesn't have the backbone. That said, he's the best Premier the Province has had in decades, at least, and does understand that keeping money in people's pockets will keep him in a job, so he does a good job of managing that narrative.

I like Doug precisely because he is flexible and willing to change course in the light of changed circumstances or new information. Nobody least of all politicians make the right decisions 100% of the time and to acknowledge that they were wrong and change course is I think, a great attribute.  The word that comes to mind for him is pragmatic. That's not a word I'd use to describe Trudeau though And I do agree that Ford understands that keeping money in people's pockets will help him keep his job.

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2024, 12:07:15 am »
I read an article that said emissions from tires (both their creation and the particle bits that come off as they wear) contribute more emissions now than a tail pipe. I can't find the source now but it is thought provoking as to the potential unanticipated drawbacks to massively heavy vehicles such as EVs. Shame we can't have basic, low weight ones.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2024, 01:04:04 am »
I read an article that said emissions from tires (both their creation and the particle bits that come off as they wear) contribute more emissions now than a tail pipe. I can't find the source now but it is thought provoking as to the potential unanticipated drawbacks to massively heavy vehicles such as EVs. Shame we can't have basic, low weight ones.

Like an enclosed golf cart?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2024, 05:29:59 am »
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/study-says-ev-tire-particle-114400548.html

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2024, 05:15:45 pm »
Hmmm.... I own SE Hydrogen Hybrids and Mileage Masters in Canada... We make ADVANCED hydrogen kits that fit ANY car and convert it to a hydrogen hybrid. Our kits give 20 to 30% better MPG and reduce emissions 80%. They are advanced as they have a TITANIUM core, LED display showing real time gas levels, a r/f wireless hand held controller, a hydrogen gas cutoff safety switch and -20F freeze technology. Our 7 piece motor vacuum kit converts any car.

Why do I say this?

Because the technology costs $1000. to convert a car, it works for gas or diesel up to 16L motors, there is 7 years of R&D in the kit. Consumers can easily convert their car and the kit will pay for itself within 15K of driving. It would save consumers on fuel right now and it would also be about $18K less than an electric, not only on top of the fact there are quite a few un-forseen problems with Electric.

So this all being said, I am a small fry, Struggling in Canada. I import my stuff from Fuel Genie Systems USA... They are starting to rock. But it will take time to spill into Canada.

I dont think Mr. Ford is real serious about helping the small fry. They want to pour all the money into the big guys but what are the chances Mr. Ford would even sniff at a state of the art technology like I have, that the governments already had in the year 2000, FAILED to improve on the electrolysis kit, while we did it over a 7 year period to make a working motor vacuum fuel injection hydrogen kit... On a shoe string budget. When the governments have infinite budgets...

Here is the website for the ADVANCED Hydrogen kits, but been down the road once and know how governments operate... So I do not think ol' fatty would even consider this stuff.

mileagemasterscanada.com or sehydrogenhybrids.com    In the US mileagemastersusa.com or fuelgeniesystems.com
Hydrogen infrastructure SUCKS worse than EV infrastructure.