Author Topic: Test Drive: 2012 Audi A7 Sportback  (Read 7766 times)

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
Re: Test Drive: 2012 Audi A7 Sportback
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 10:09:43 pm »
.  It's too bad Mazda cancelled the 6 sport after the last generation, that was another sharp hatchback. 

+1. A used Mazda 6 sport can be had for 1/10 the cost of this admittedly gorgeous Audi and fits my budget perfectly

But hardly fits the ego and image requirements of an A7 buyer. :)
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +60/-374
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2000 Honda Insight
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 11:58:30 pm »
I don't think Audi knows how to make an ugly car.  May they never find out.

Jaeger
Completely agree!  IMHO, Audi makes the nicest looking cars of any mass production car manufacturer.  The A7 Sportback is just gorgeous!

I do find most Audis a little safe, but always attractive. Not a car I would embarrassed to drive in the whole lineup.
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive." - Sir William Lyons

Offline JRM

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-94
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 VW Passat TSI, 2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 09:16:17 am »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  IMO the A6 is a much classier and better looking car.  Then again I'm not a fan of the four door "coupe" look.  A coupe by definition is a two door and that look should, IMO, be confined to such.  That second set of doors makes it look, well, ungainly.:)

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +96/-70
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car: '06 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed. Rich corinthian leather upholstery. Roof rack. AM/FM/CD.
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 10:46:45 am »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  IMO the A6 is a much classier and better looking car.  Then again I'm not a fan of the four door "coupe" look.  A coupe by definition is a two door and that look should, IMO, be confined to such.  That second set of doors makes it look, well, ungainly.:)

This. I don't find the A7 beautiful. It's merely a nice execution of what is, IMHO, a useless category of car: the 4-door coupe. Not nearly as pretty as an actual coupe, and not as functional as an actual sedan or wagon. I'll take an A6 or, better still, a lightly used A8.

Offline ipolski

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +12/-29
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 540i-6M, Passat Wagon, Tundra, MDX
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 12:24:44 pm »

It's called "coupe" because "hatchback" was removed from automotive dictionary in NA some time ago.
I haven't seen it in person yet, but from the pictures it's absolutely beautiful, puts BMW GT to shame.  The only thing missing is a proper six speed and clutch, but I know it is not going to happen  :'(

Offline huota

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +49/-60
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 01:24:18 pm »
The A7 SB is a thing of beauty (except for the rear, viewed straight from behind). I certainly wouldn't mind owning one.
Fiction is the lie through which we tell the truth

Offline kirm

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 11:37:20 pm »
Gorgeous, GORGEOUS car. WOW! Way to go Audi designers. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-49
  • New toy! :)
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2006 Kia Sportage
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 10:19:09 am »

It's called "coupe" because "hatchback" was removed from automotive dictionary in NA some time ago.
I haven't seen it in person yet, but from the pictures it's absolutely beautiful, puts BMW GT to shame.  The only thing missing is a proper six speed and clutch, but I know it is not going to happen  :'(

Agreed. I'm pretty sure 'coupe' refers to the slope of the roof, and not the number of doors.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 10:03:47 am »
just saw one on the road on last friday. 

certainly more striking than A6.   at first i thought "what is that?" then i looked at the badge.   didn't even know it was on sale.

gotta say the tail end of the thing looked a little weird, though...  can't describe it, but it's a little out of place.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D