Author Topic: Oil change gone wrong!  (Read 37957 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Oil change gone wrong!
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2014, 07:03:25 am »

Turns out the neighbour parked her car somewhere and couldn't remember where she left it, so wanted to drive around town and look for it. Uhh, okay...

Believe it or not , that was common back in the mid 70's
It was a time when you drove because you were to drunk to walk

Good thing most people believe that is not a good thing to do anymore

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2014, 12:35:39 pm »
I don't think there was drinking involved. I didn't get too many details, but I think the neighbour was doing errands around town, then ran into a friend and tagged along with her for the rest of the day. Friend dropped the neighbour off at home, then the next day she couldn't remember at which of her several stops she had left the car.

Still...

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2014, 05:08:25 pm »
had that happen with a buddy... ended up reporting the car stolen... we found it a couple hours later at the strip club....

he tells his girlfriend that some strippers stole his car... to the police he said, "i found it, thanks"
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2014, 08:43:04 pm »
I don't think there was drinking involved. I didn't get too many details, but I think the neighbour was doing errands around town, then ran into a friend and tagged along with her for the rest of the day. Friend dropped the neighbour off at home, then the next day she couldn't remember at which of her several stops she had left the car.

Still...

Sounds like there might be a market for a  Find My Car app compatible with OnStar. 

Offline Rupert

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +49/-160
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2015, 08:29:57 am »
   I usually check my oil after an oil change by others and thanks for this because I just had my oil changed for the first time at a dealer and I will go out and check the level straight away. This is all a bit worrying and we might not be even reading the above now if the car had stalled on the highway and the owner had been killed...and even others not involved. ISO 9000 procedures should have caught that perhaps...if applied. There will be a paper trail.

I check my driveway on a regular basis also and caught a serious leak in my transmission fluid right after a change. I had to put a tray under the vehicle to catch it and took the vehicle back the next day. A case of poor workmanship from a dealer up the road that we have been using...for ever...for pete's sake...not your brand though. No compensation for my wrecked driveway but the vehicle was saved.

I hope that you will be able to regain satisfaction with your vehicle (or replacement) and keep us informed.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2015, 03:50:02 pm »
   I usually check my oil after an oil change by others and thanks for this because I just had my oil changed for the first time at a dealer and I will go out and check the level straight away. This is all a bit worrying and we might not be even reading the above now if the car had stalled on the highway and the owner had been killed...and even others not involved. ISO 9000 procedures should have caught that perhaps...if applied. There will be a paper trail.

I check my driveway on a regular basis also and caught a serious leak in my transmission fluid right after a change. I had to put a tray under the vehicle to catch it and took the vehicle back the next day. A case of poor workmanship from a dealer up the road that we have been using...for ever...for pete's sake...not your brand though. No compensation for my wrecked driveway but the vehicle was saved.

I hope that you will be able to regain satisfaction with your vehicle (or replacement) and keep us informed.

Your wrecked driveway?? Ummm....a little TSP and a garden hose and she will be brand new.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2022, 10:15:49 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty0a6c_b82k

Jiffy lube [no] oil special  :-X
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.