Author Topic: SURU, new Canadian electric bike  (Read 8384 times)

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
Re: SURU, new Canadian electric bike
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 02:28:12 pm »
We have thick skin, and are prepared to listen.

Thanks for chiming in, Michael.  You have a spelling error in the About E-Bikes section on your website:

• communicate intensions clearly

Good luck with the sales.  Sounds like you've found a bit of a niche!

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 05:53:39 pm »
Hello all

I wanted to step into the forum and thank you all for your comments in our little SURU.

We did a very local "soft" launch back in November because we wanted to roll out slowly, get feedback and tidy up before our official launch in Toronto at the Interior Design Show on the 20th of January.

The comments and criticisms we received were all appreciated, and we've done our best to catch up on all counts.  The SURU website now has a detailed specifications page, while additional FAQs regarding electric bike law and limits is also available at the bottom of the page.

We priced SURU very competitively, considering that you are buying a vehicle designed AND manufactured in Canada by Canadians.  All e-bikes in the market are made in the far east, even if the brands are based in Canada or the US.  The ones made in Europe cost north of $8000. 

SURU also benefits from motorcycle-grade suspension, tires and brakes, so it can actually stop on a soaking wet, leaf covered road on a Nova Scotia spring night.  The lighting too is integrated so no one can steal it.

As a startup, production specification will change slightly as we steadily upgrade our cycle products.  As a motorcycle design professional of 16 years, I've made it a founding principal to follow the Japanese model of continuous improvement.  The SURU warranty, our production and design methodology and local manufacturing are all part of our commitment to building trust.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or further comments.  We have thick skin, and are prepared to listen.

Best Regards and Happy New Year

Michael Uhlarik
SURU Inc.

Well you could start by paying your bills...  :rofl2:

I would dispute that the suspension, tires and brakes are motorcycle grade, from the pictures they look like OK MTB grade.  Not knocking your choices or design but don't try and oversell the capabilities.  I do wish you luck.  :)

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 02:36:56 pm »
Motorcycle grade tires just spells tough to replace to me. Bicycle tires are fully capable of the speeds the Suru will do.

For $3499, I'd rather get a Grom or Z125 Pro.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2017, 05:43:52 pm »
https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/will-this-electric-bicycle-disrupt-the-motorcycle-industry

Suru electric bicycle company won a $50,000 SPARK Innovation Challenge
Mr Pickypants