October 22, 2010
NEW FOR 2011:
- 2.4i model discontinued
- Refreshed styling
- Available bi-xenon headlamps with Active Bending Lights
- New Accessory Exterior and Interior Sport Kits
- Preferred Package now includes sunroof; Multimedia Package now includes a navigation system; Sirius satellite radio is a stand-alone option
- Premium Sound speakers change from Dynaudio to Harman, with unchanged performance
- R-Design uses all-new Sport chassis
- R-Design replaces 18-inch Atreus wheels with 18-inch Midir wheels; new R-Design embossed upholstery; leather added to package upgrade and deleted as stand-alone option
- Exterior colours: Flamenco Red (on T5) Ice White (on R-Design) and Orange Flame added; Titanium Grey and Passion Red discontinued
- Interior colour: Blonde upholstery replaces Beige
For 2011, the Volvo C30 trims down to a single engine choice. The 2.4-litre five-cylinder engine is discontinued; the T5 with turbocharged 2.5-litre five-cylinder remains. Styling changes include new fenders, trapezoidal headlights, lower front valance, and honeycomb-pattern grille with larger badge. The body contours are wavier than before, and the previous black plastic panels have been replaced with body-coloured panels.
The R-Design receives a new standard Sport chassis, with quicker steering ratio, and stiffer steering bushings, springs, dampers and roll stabilizers. Other changes are to the C30’s features, including a sunroof added to the Preferred Package, and a navigation system to the Multimedia Package.
The C30 comes as the T5, with turbocharged 2.5-litre five-cylinder engine. A five-speed automatic transmission is the sole choice on the Intro trim line. The Level I, Level II and R-Design use a six-speed manual that can be optioned to the five-speed automatic.
Features on the Level I include 16-inch alloy wheels, air conditioning, keyless entry, cargo cover, cloth seats, exterior temperature gauge, locking glovebox, auto-dimming rearview mirror, cruise control, illuminated vanity mirrors, Bluetooth connectivity, variable intermittent wipers, tilt and telescopic steering wheel, CD/MP3 stereo, and floor mats.
The Intro adds 17-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, heated seats, premium stereo with steering wheel-mounted controls, iPod/USB function, and front fog lights.
The Level II adds garage door opener, puddle lights, compass, Bluetooth connectivity, stereo auxiliary input, satellite radio, aluminum interior trim and power sunroof.
The R-Design adds 18-inch alloy wheels, leather seats, R-Design steering wheel and interior trim, R-Design floor mats, R-Design grille and body kit.