NEW FOR 2011:
– Refreshed front and rear styling, new instrument panel design and aluminum inlay
– Manual transmission discontinued
– Door panel storage compartment no longer lockable
– New C70-specific watch-dial instrument cluster
– New available Convenience Package; Premium Package discontinued
– Active Bending Lights added to bi-xenon headlamps in the Dynamic Package
– Exterior colours: Flamenco Red and Ember Black added; Vanilla Pearl and Passion Red discontinued
– Interior colour: New Cranberry or Calcite Sovereign Hide leather upholstery available with Off-Black interior
For 2011, the Volvo C70 convertible receives new styling, with redesigned front fenders, headlamps, front fascia and fog lamps, a more wedge-shaped nose with larger grille and badge, and new lower front fascia. At the rear, LED light-guide technology has been added to the taillamps, similar to the XC60, along with a redesigned rear fascia. Inside, there’s a new instrument panel design with a cluster unique to the C70. The six-speed manual transmission that was the base unit in 2010 has been discontinued, leaving a five-speed automatic.
A joint venture between Volvo and Italian designer Pininfarina, the C70 features a three-piece roof which folds automatically in thirty seconds, and contains a normal-size heated glass rear window. It uses a turbocharged 2.5-litre inline five-cylinder engine with five-speed automatic transmission.
Features include 17-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, speed-sensitive steering, front and rear fog lights, projector-style halogen headlamps, heated mirrors with integrated turn signals, three-spoke leather-wrapped tilt and telescopic steering wheel with audio controls, heated power leather seats with fore/aft rear-seat access, driver’s side memory, CD stereo, Sirius satellite radio, Bluetooth connectivity, cruise control, illuminated vanity mirrors, illuminated locking glovebox, floor mats, auto up/down windows, trip computer, and variable intermittent wipers.
The available Sport Package adds 18-inch alloy wheels, bi-xenon headlamps with washers, retractable mirrors with puddle lamps, garage door opener, rain-sensing wipers, level sensor, mass movement sensor, keyless drive, and auto-dimming rear-view mirror with compass.
The available Tech Package adds premium sound system with twelve speakers, subwoofer, and blind spot information system.