NEW FOR 2014:
– LED taillights, LED rear licence plate illumination added.
– Edition 30 model available for GLI 30th Anniversary.
– Output boosted 10 hp to 210 hp.
– Wheel locks removed.
– Paint changes: Reflex Silver added; Frost Silver discontinued.
– 6-way power driver seat with manual lumbar support available as option.
– MDI input relocated to armrest.
The mildly hot Jetta goes into the 2014 model year with a boost of 10 hp from its 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine along with standard LED taillights. Also, for 2014 only, the Edition 30 model is available celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the GLI. Edition 30 models receive leatherette Carbon Optik interior trim, red-striped grille, bi-xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights, and 18-inch Watkins Glen alloy wheels.
Standard features on the GLI include 2.0L TSI 4-cylinder engine, 6-speed manual transmission, 17-inch alloy wheels, 60/40 split folding rear seats with centre armrest and pass-through, 8-way partial power driver seat, 6-way partial power passenger seat, Premium 8 radio (touch screen and 8 speakers) with auxiliary input, Bluetooth phone connectivity, automatic dual-zone climate control, airbags (front, front side, side curtain), electro-mechanical power steering, fog lights, heated front seats, keyless entry, push button start, MDI with iPod connectivity, multifunction GLI sport steering wheel with DSG paddle shifters (when equipped), multifunction trip computer, multilink rear suspension, satellite radio, LED taillights, and sport suspension.