NEW FOR 2011:
– New 3.6-litre V6 engine replaces 4.0-litre V6
– Execline trim line discontinued
– Revised suspension
– New steering wheel design
– Standard front-row side airbags, driver’s knee airbag, “Eco” fuel optimizer button
– Comfortline and Highline add standard Stow-in-Place roof rack, pillow-top first-row armrests, and brushed aluminum print trim
– Comfortline adds standard “leatherette” upholstery and optional rear-view camera
– Highline adds standard Vienna leather upholstery and rear-view camera
– Multimedia Package optional on Comfortline, standard on Highline
– Exterior colours: Deep Claret Pearl and Glacial Blue Pearl added; Meteor Grey Metallic, Cocoa Bean Pearl and Angitua Blue Pearl discontinued
– Interior colour: Sierra Stone added (Comfortline and Highline models only)
For 2011, the Volkswagen Routan replaces its 4.0-litre V6 engine with a new 3.6-litre, increasing horsepower from 251 to 283, and a revised suspension. The top-level Execline trim is discontinued, and the Comfortline and Highline receive new standard or optional features in its place. First-row seat side airbags, previously unavailable, are now standard on all models. A new Multimedia Package, optional on the Comfortline and standard on the Highline, adds a 6.5-inch touch screen with USB input, 20-GB hard drive, Sirius satellite radio, Uconnect hands-free telephone system and rear-view camera. The rear-view camera also has a higher resolution than before.
The Routan is based on the Chrysler Town & Country minivan and is built in Canada by Chrysler, with final quality inspection by on-site Volkswagen employees, and with unique exterior and interior styling. Unlike the Chrysler, the Routan does not offer Stow ‘n Go fold-into-the-floor second-row seats, although it does have the under-floor storage bins, and it does not offer Swivel ‘n Go seating.
The Routan uses a 3.6-litre V6 engine with six-speed automatic transmission. Trim lines are the Trendline, Comfortline and Highline.
Features on the Trendline include 16-inch steel wheels, manual three-zone climate control, black door handles, privacy glass, chrome grille with black inserts, heated black mirrors, rear spoiler, variable intermittent wipers, intermittent rear wiper, cruise control, front and rear floor mats, keyless entry, dual front reading lights, vanity mirrors, conversation mirror, CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary input, active front head restraints, tire pressure monitoring system, four-way manually-adjustable front seats, second-row fold-flat captain’s chairs, 60/40 split-folding third-row bench seat, leather-wrapped steering wheel, second-row under-floor storage bins, auto up/down windows, power third-row quarter windows, and engine block heater.
The Comfortline adds 16-inch alloy wheels, power-sliding doors, body-colour mirrors and door handles, chrome grille inserts, Stow-in-Place roof rack, anti-theft alarm, trip computer, illuminated vanity mirrors, six-CD/MP3 stereo, Sirius satellite radio, eight-way power driver’s seat, heated “leatherette” seats, garage door opener, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, second- and third-row manual sunshades, and brushed aluminum print trim.
The Highline adds automatic three-zone climate control, automatic headlamps, fog lamps, power sunroof, power tailgate, sliding and removable centre console, second- and third-row LED reading lights, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, 6.5-inch touch screen with USB input, 20-GB hard drive, Sirius satellite radio, Uconnect hands-free telephone connectivity, rear-seat entertainment system with twin screens, heated second-row seats, power-adjustable pedals, rear-view camera, and leather upholstery.