NEW FOR 2013:
– smart fortwo electric drive added to lineup.
– Style Package added; includes choice of metallic exterior paint, “design 9” alloy wheels, and fog lamps (coupe pure).
– New multimedia touchscreen system and LED daytime running lights added as optional extras (coupe pure).
– “design 1” 12-spoke allow wheels, LED daytime running lights added as standard to passion trim.
– Interior material package in crystal grey added to passion trim; includes leather/fabric seats/door panels, leather optic dash and knee pad.
– Bodypanels in anthracite matte and numerous wheel choices added to passion trim as standalone options.
– LED daytime running lights added to; multimedia touchscreen system, surround sound system, and retractable cargo cover deleted from BRABUS model standard equipment.
– Tridion safety cell/mirrors in white, body panels in crystal white added as no charge extras on BRABUS model.
– Six new softtop options added to cabriolet BRABUS model.
For 2013, there are a number of changes to the smart fortwo line of microcars, and almost all of them are to standard equipment and trim, detailed above.
Available in a coupe or cabriolet (convertible), the Smart uses a 1.0-litre three-cylinder gasoline engine, mated to an automated five-speed transmission that can be manually shifted or left in Drive.
The coupe comes in Pure, Passion or BRABUS trim, while the cabriolet comes in Passion or BRABUS. The cabriolet features a soft top that peels back electrically at the touch of a button; the side rails can also be removed and stored in a special area inside the trunk for full open-air.
Features on the Pure coupe include 15-inch steel wheels, air conditioning, head and thorax side airbag, knee airbag, cloth seats with matching dashboard insert, door storage compartments, external temperature display, dash-mounted rev counter and clock pods, locking glove compartment, power windows, power locks with keyless entry, CD stereo, fold-down passenger seat, and two-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel.
The Passion coupe adds 15-inch alloy wheels, LED daytime running lights, automatic temperature control, six-CD/MP3 stereo, panorama glass roof with sunscreen, three-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel with shift paddles, cargo cover, electric power steering, heated electric mirrors, and heated seats.
The Passion Cabriolet is equipped similarly to the coupe, but includes an automatic fabric roof with glass rear window and detachable roof bars.
The BRABUS adds 15-inch front and 17-inch rear double-spoke alloy wheels, LED daytime running lights, sportier suspension, sport exhaust with chrome tailpipes, heated leather seats, sport steering wheel, matte brushed aluminum sport pedals, BRABUS velour floor mats, BRABUS fuel filler door, and body skirt package.