NEW FOR 2013:
– New entry-level S trim.
– Refined aerodynamics and wider range of regenerative braking, including a new “B” drive mode that increases regen braking during deceleration.
– New 6.6 kW charger reduces 220V charging time nearly in half.
– Available hybrid heater system for better, more efficient winter weather startups.
– New standard charge port light and lock with a charge port door release button added to key fob.
– Standard leather-wrapped steering wheel, new black interior colour, and sun visor extensions.
– Increased rear cargo space with 2nd row seat upright.
– New “Eco route” feature added to the available navigation system.
After going unchanged in 2012, the Nissan LEAF enters 2013 with significant upgrades in enhancements to aerodynamics and regenerative braking to give the all-electric vehicle more range. Also, a new on-board charger cuts charging times down to nearly half when using a 220V power source.
The Leaf uses an 80 kW synchronous electric motor powered by a 24 kW lithium-ion battery. Estimated charging times are 21 hours on 110-volt and down to close to four hours on 220-volt. With a DC fast charge, available as an option on the SL, 80 per cent of battery strength takes 30 minutes. Under ideal conditions, the Leaf has a range of 160 kilometres. A special CARWINGS telematics feature, no-charge for 36 months, allows the operator to remotely monitor the battery, start the charging cycle or turn on the HVAC system through a mobile phone.
Trim levels are S, SV and SL.
Features on the S trim include 80 kW AC synchronous electric motor, 24 kWh lithium-ion battery, 6.6 kW onboard charger, front/rear disc brakes with regenerative braking, vehicle dynamic control, traction control system, portable tickle-charge cable, normal charge port, charge port light and lock, Nissan Intelligent Key with Push Button Start, heated front and rear seats, heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, automatic temperature control, 60/40 split fold-down rear sears with rear seat heater ducts, Bluetooth hands-free phone system, 4-speaker AM/FM/CD audio system with USB port, rear spoiler, splash guards, airbags (front, front seat, side curtain, and TPMS.
SV trim adds Nissan Navigation System with 7-inch touch-screen monitor, NavTraffic, CARWINGS, 6-speaker audio, 16-inch alloy wheels, hybrid heater system, steering wheel-mounted cruise control, auto-dimming rearview mirror, partially recycled cloth seats, passenger side map pocket, B-mode regenerative braking drive mode, and quick charge port.
SL trim adds leather seating, LED headlights, automatic on/off headlights, fog lights, 17-inch 5-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels, HomeLink, photovoltaic solar-panel rear spoiler, cargo cover, 7-speaker Bose audio system, and Around View Monitor.